H/Cal #2: "Hot flashes. But that's just them" - DuCaine

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by zippy, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palm

Palm Coroner

Re: H/Cal #2: Hot flashes. But that's just them - DuCaine

*blink* She said that? Ho man! How can you deny that!?!? *kicks TPTB* Anyhoo, Whatever happened to Sugar, Shades, and Shootouts? Or is that some weird past memory I had...

But anyways, I didn't watch the episode but I did see on the preview that they *gasp* spoke to each other. Seems that Season 5 is becoming Season of maybe introducing something!

2. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

*grabs Palm by the neck and shakes her about* She said that!? OohohohohoH! I'm getting excited now! What else liten! Ohhhh..you can't just drop us off now! Tell us more! :lol: *is obsessed* That sure sounds like great news. You know...it might as well have been something H and Cal might do. "Stick together" You know! Lol!

*thinks...* Did I missed that thread name out Palm Or maybe I should do a new poll?

3. liten

liten Rookie

LOL! Here's the link to the partial transcript and the quote:

I actually think she said that they voiced that thought but I can't check it right now because I can't get the video to load :mad:

4. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

Hey!! Calleigh ALWAYS looks cute. I always loved her make-up!! :D And don't get me started on Horatio... Ok, back on topic. No rambling!! :p

Wow!! OMG!! She said that??!! :eek: What's up?? My heart-rate for one!! :lol: Please convince the writers, Emily!! She and David are already close, they're always standing together in pictures at awards shows!! Seems the only DuCaine we could get during S4 was of Emily and David!! How funny is that?? :p Glad they feel that way. Maybe it's time Ann D followed her actors' example and pair their characters up more often!! Horatio and Calleigh deserve to be happy, for Pete's sake!! :mad: And if the actors feel that way, maybe those writers should listen.

If it does get to a crucial point in the series when the plot just screams for DuCaine, they should just take a risk. I think the writers are afraid of upsetting balance or something, or upsetting fans of different pairings?? I don't know... that's one of the logical reasons I've come up with. Disagree if you like, I don't mind, but those are my own thoughts on the whole "less of DuCaine" issue. Though, S5 has partially delivered. I saw "Rio", and they talked on the phone!! Whee!! :D :)

Do the writers seriously think we forgot Season 1?? They obviously do, because it is virtually impossible to go from working together every day to practically not speaking in 2 seasons!! This has been discussed before, but I find it inconsistent that a CSI partnership like that, which was so succcesful, which made some of the best S1 moments, that solved many cases successfully, could just vanish like that. The writers must have repressed memories of "Kill Zone", "Camp Fear" and "Broken." It's just very annoying, and it bothers me so much. I've been brooding over this issue recently, usually I have nothing but positives, but I just needed to share my views. Thanks for listening.

Horatio needs a strong woman, I think this was mentioned already. And I think Calleugh's proved she's made of strong stuff after "Going Under." I believe Horatio will have more respect for her, and more admiration... that will gently blossom into love. sigh, that would be sweet!! A decleration of love on the beach in the sunset... now THAT'S a scene!! :)

My longest post... had a lot to say. Here's some lyrics in honour of the first DuCaine moment of S5 from my favourite band!!:

Evanescence - Going Under

I'm going under,
    Drowning in you,
    I'm falling forever,
    I've got to break through,

So go on and scream,
    Scream at me,
    I'm so far away,

I WON'T BE BROKEN AGAIN!!
    I've got to breathe,
    I can't keep going under.

I'm dying again,
    I'm going under,
    Drowning in you,
    I'm falling forever,
    I've got to break through,

I'm going under(Going under)
    Going under(Drowning in you)
    I'm going under.

Hope 100th episode was a success! I'll be seeing it soon!!
    See ya!!
    :)

5. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I saw before the song had I dive again, but its I'm dying again, isn't it? ..

Cal always looks beauitful, did we have any scenes at the beginning. I only saw like half.

Wow, Emily said that?.. Thats nice.

Hey Casp, your obsessed with she's hot, aren't you? :lol:

6. UnXplainedThing

UnXplainedThing Victim

Well that's not quite the way I understood Emily Procter's comment. I mean they were refering to CSI:Miami being the most popular show in the world and be mad at me but for me it was strictly from an actor POV. Kind of we're never gonna stop this show since it gets such strong ratings...
    [Go ahead you can hate me now]

Anyway, new member (been lurking around for a while), DuCainer all the way despite my comment. I can even see it happen this season. Even though I've only read about it (not in the right country, nor time zone).
    Off to bed now...
    Zoe

7. liten

liten Rookie

I know she was talking more about the whole cast being together for such a long time but I thought it was interesting that she mentioned David and not...let's say, Johnatan Togo (on several behind the scenes interviews/docs she's always talking about him).

8. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Hey there lurker UnXplainedThing :). Whoa, the thread is almost closing. I guess you made it just in time yeah :p.

:eek: :eek: Ouh my gah..!! I saw the video and she's so friggin' HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!*answered Lynn's question* Phew, don't come too close, she's sizzling!

Yeah, she said that they were going to spend the rest of their lives together. No misquote here. She might be referring to the whole cast but let us just sit and pretend that she meant something else! :lol:

Emily also said that Calleigh's tough! Well, she sounded pretty tough in that clip when she was telling Wolfe off :lol:. Rarr! Fiesty :devil:. Me likes.

@ Emerald[/b]: Agreed. H can be such a lost boy sometimes. He really does tries to be tough for everyone he cares for. Despite that, he can be so vulnerable and gets hurt when someone he knows or loves gets hurt. What I think Cal can do at such cases is actually be there for him like she was in 'After the Fall'. I think that was the most Calleigh-heroic episode ever. She obviously dosen't want to lose her boss.

But you have to keep in mind that they are both tough people and they can be helping each other out in one minute and then knocking heads in another. LoL! Gives a funny image!

Anyway...who's gonna open the new thread this time around?

9. Palm

Palm Coroner

:| Why was I shaken about?

Anyhoo, I agree on the Lost boy thing a little. I don't really think he acts tough. I actually think Horatio has more of a Charlie Brown thing going on. All day long, everyone bugs him about this and that and criminals steal his diginity and whatnot. And at the end of the day, I bet all he really wants to do is go Postal on everyone and reap his revenge with the amazing Hummer-mobile. But he doesn't. Sadly. (boy, if I was a writer....)

And Calleigh seems like that type who after working with guns all day, telling people why they should point the barrel in ther face AND yelling at those who deserve it. I bet all she wants to do is go home, have a nice warm bath and act all girly girl. Y'know. Scented soaps. Candles. Pictures of H. K, that part i'm sorta kidding about. But even when your tough all the time, you gotta have some girl time. :)

Enter: THE ODD couple. One pissed off cop ready to probably beat someone in the interrogating room with his sunglasses and a dirty boot. And one girl who acts tough but really, enjoys sitting on the couch watching 'Grey's Anatomy' like %80 of all the girls I know. And when they get together, HOLY CRAP! Talk about your setup for some great TV. But I'd have to be shown on HBO. Y'know. For the... *cough*
    Not for kids....

And that's my ramblings of... something.

10. UnXplainedThing

UnXplainedThing Victim

Oh, okay for the Togo thing. I didn't know, I haven't seen much interviews apart from what's on the DVD's (up to S2).
    Of course I got your point about dreaming on, I was just trying to stay grounded... hard thing though when it comes to this ship.
    I just thought, you know, she referred to the night before the pilot aired and all that so I kinda thought let's not make too much of this - for now.

Hey there back CSIsMANIAC. Hope it's not a bad thing to come in late.

11. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Lol! Sorry bout your neck Palm. Got all excited hahaha!

But oh, c'mon! Calleigh a girly girl!? :eek: I'm trembling just thinking of her having little slumber parties with Alexx and Yelina and have a pillow fight. Blleegh! Not my Calleigh! Ehehe...sorry H. But I guess the scented soap and candles is true :lol:.

Maybe one of the reasons why H dosen't own up his feelings is because he's stubborn and dosen't wanna give into his feelings easily. But I doubt H is that kindda dude. He can look tough but he does tell people how he feels sometimes.

And maybe one of the reasons why Cal dosen't want to tell him how she feels is because she's afraid of getting hurt or..maybe she just wants to play hard to get. :lol: Imagine that!

H: Cal, I was wondering if I can take you out for dinner..
    Cal: Ouh..keep wondering Lieutenant.
    H: o_O? Uhm...is that a 'no'?
    Cal: If that's what you want it to be... *evil grin*
    H: I see. So uh....it's a 'yes'?
    Cal: Did I said 'yes'? Ouh you must have misunderstood me.
    H: -.-

Ahahhaha! :lol:

Golly! 1000th post! Hahaha...next thread! Here we come!

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Here's a link to the H/Cal #3 thread: H/Cal #3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.