Gwen Stefani

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by glam_chic86, Nov 21, 2005.

1. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Yeah London Bridge slightly reminds me of Hollaback Girl. It would be pretty cool if someone put together a Fergie & Gwen Stefani song by remixing them. So, has anyone had the chance of seeing her live? If you haven't you must catch her if she comes to your hometown. She puts on the best concert.

2. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I'm not saying that Gwen doesn't have my respect, because I love her as an artist. She's kind of amazing, actually. I admire her greatly because she's really independent and it's almost like she has no fear of trying something new, musically or otherwise. It's just that for me, the lonely goatherd and modernism don't really mix. I suppose it's just me, but maybe Gwen makes it work. It's probably just the idea of it.

3. glam_chic86

^ Oh no I totally understand that you respected her. I was just stating on how I felt about her as a musician & person so I hope my intention wasn't too single you out ;). Anyway, not everyone is gonna like her new single so it's all good. Speaking of singles I'd love it if she did a duet with Justin Timberlake. They're both two attractive artists & plus if you combine their musical styles into one track it'll make a hit. Also speaking of hits let's hope Sweet Escape wins her a Grammy or at least gives her a few nominations.

4. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

jorja_fan86 I just saw your icon, which I think is great. Glad to find a thread for her. I didn't expect that at all. I haven't seen her do her solo act but I have seen her with No Doubt and she always has a lot of energy and put a lot into her stage shows. I will have to check out her new single when I'm not a work.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Guys i just got the song *bmuha hahaha* and I am listning to it on my iPod...Anyone interested just PM me ;)

6. glam_chic86

Nice. I have it on my ipod as well & I cannot stop listening to it. It's constantly on repeat but I can never get sick of it.

I was surprised to hear that they used Wind It Up on last night's episode of CSI:NY. I would've danced if my entire family wasn't in the room haha. I also remembered CSI:Miami using What You Waiting For in their episode Vegence or whatever it's called. I guess the music people at the show really like her music & I don't blame 'em.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I know! I saw the CSI: NY episode yesterday! I was like, hmmm isn't it too early to put the song on there? But I thought it was cool that they were ahead everyone else...

Do you know if she released a Vid for it?

8. glam_chic86

Nope. I heard she's gonna start filming the video for the song soon & it goes into more detail on her site.

Hopefully having the song on CSI:NY last night will make more people listen to her work. I know if I never heard about her I would definitely want to learn more about her work. She's the best!

9. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I thought the timing of me finding this thread then hearing 'Wind it up' on CSI:NY was funny. I haven't gotten used to the intro but I love the rest. It's very catchy (if that's a word)

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I love the intro! I reminds me of when I was little. lol I used to enjoy the song because I couldn't Yodle (sp?) :confused: I know, I'm lame :lol: :rolleyes:

11. glam_chic86

I just got a pair of tickets for the Gwen Stefani concert :D! I'm *so* exicted & I'll be attending with my younger sister. I wonder if this concert will be better than the one I attended back in November of 2005.

12. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

When are you going? You will have to tell us how it is. I guess I should look at her tour schedule since I heard she wants to make another record with No Doubt. And I guess she will stop making her own stuff for awhile then. ;)