Gwen Stefani

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by glam_chic86, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

oh woops i toatlly missed that. :lol:
    yay good for her & gavin. :D

2. DoreenCSI

DoreenCSI Captain

I like Gwen. I love her songs even more, esp "Hollaback Girl". I think she's very talented and makes good music. Love her fashion sense too btw. :D

3. lane

lane Police Officer

Makes you wonder though-if she's that eccentric, wonder what the baby's name will be. Holly, short for Hollaback?

4. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

:lol: @ Holly comment.
    I've loved her since her No Doubt days! She's one of my girl crushes and fashion princesses. :D I so want to have her hubby too :lol:
    I agree with you all, her baby with Gavin will surely be a looker.

5. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I love Gwen's style. It's unique yet fashionable at the same time. As long as she doesn't name her kid after a fruit or city it's all good.

6. glam_chic86

I'd thought I'd bump this thread up since Gwen is set to release her new album Sweet Escape on December 5th. I'm really excited :D. Also, have you guys heard her latest single Wind Me Up yet? If not, you can listen to it on her official site. It's very good & quite catchy as well. If only December 5th came faster...

7. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Aww, poor J, wants the cd quicker. :p

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Has she released a new single? I wanna hear!! *starts crying like a baby*

9. glam_chic86

^^ Damn straight :p. Sadly, I have started a countdown in my agenda & there's still quite a way to go :lol:.

KM go here & once you launch the site the song should start right away. I must warn you that you will not be able to stop listening to the song 'cause it's so addictive. If this song will be anything like the other songs on her new album it's gonna be great!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

omg thanks JF86! I'm already yodleing!!! :lol:

11. glam_chic86

:lol: You're welcome. I read in my local paper that she sampled a some stuff from The Sound Of Music so that's probably why the beginning of the song is so unique. I heard that she's currently shooting the music video for it & I'm excited 'cause all of her music videos from her last album have been great, especially her first one.

OT but your location cracks me up :lol:.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Girl! What have you done to me?!!! I've had that song on repeat since you provided me with the link!!! :lol:

If she sampled that song from the Sound of Music, I think I know what part its from...its from when the kids and Maria (thta was her name, right) are putting on a puppet show for the father and his girlfriend..

13. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I don't really like that song. "Wind Up", right? It's not that Gwen isn't a great artist. In fact, I like most of her solo stuff. It's just that you can't make songs from The Sound of Music cool and savvy. I mean, maybe the song will grow on me. I don't know. I guess I'm just kind of resistant to someone trying to make "This is the song of the lonely goatherd..." modern.

14. glam_chic86

I disagree. I find any artist who isn't afraid to sample something that isn't typical in the music business gets my respect. I find that Gwen is more of an eccentric musician so she probably enjoys using lyrics & beats that have people scratching their heads. I mean, who expected her to sing a song about a group of girls from an area in Japan? I love that she doesn't produce typical hip-hop, pop or punk sounds. She has a unique sound to her, the kind that makes you go, "Hey, that must be a Gwen Stefani song" song whenever you hear it on the tv or radio. She has no fear of mixing it up musically wise & that's why I adore her. Anyway, I can't wait to hear the kind of theme she went with for Sweet Escape but something tells me that it's gonna be on repeat 24/7 like her old album. In fact, I'm listening to Cool right now :D.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I thought Fergie's music kinda resembled hers a little bit. Thank She's coming back!! Woot!