Gwen Stefani

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by glam_chic86, Nov 21, 2005.

1. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

So who here is a fan of the famous Orange County girl? I always loved her ever since she was in No Doubt but after seeing her live in concert last night I just adore her even more. She's the coolest musician out there. She's super hilarious and she's so sweet as well. She's a fantastic dancer as well...I wish I could dance like her. All her songs are so catchy. She sounds amazing live and she knows how to put on a good show. She sang a couple of songs that aren't on her current album and they're awesome so I already know that her next album will be great. C'mon, you know you love this hollaback girl heh heh!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I love Gwen Stefani! I think she is an excellent performer and has a really cool voice. I like that shes not afrais to be different and you cant really put her in a category with the Brittney's and the Christina's, shes in a class all her own. I have to admitt that I kinda liked her better when she was in No Doubt rather than the solo thing. Shes is still very cool though and I love her sense of style!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

No Doubt are excellent, not too sure on her whole solo act.

Laters - I'm off to make some tea, perhaps a bacon sandwhich :p

4. Team_Hodges

Team_Hodges Rookie

I quite like Gwen Stefani as a solo artist, much better than Britney & Christina! But... she was much better in No Doubt :)

5. glam_chic86

I prefer Gwen in both No Doubt and as a solo act. As a solo act we got to see Gwen branch out and move her music to a different catergory. With No Doubt the majority of their music was punk rock although into their later albums they switched the genre up. Now Gwen has given us this nice hip-hop style music. She colloborated with many popular artists such as Dr.Dre and Pharell. Her new stuff is just so funky and fun. Everytime I hear a song of hers I just want to get up and dance and sing along like I did at her concert this past sunday. It's good to know that Gwen wanted to do something new. I did hear that she's planning to produce another album with No Doubt so keep your ears open!

6. onenightstand

onenightstand Pathologist

i was never that fond of little Gwen...but I like her style and how's she's her own person..and he haass some awsome songs!!

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I like her as a person, from what I've seen- she seems pretty nice and down to earth. I do own the album and it's definitely catchy, but I don't really think it's one for the musical history books; it is fun, but it's utterly disposable.

Still, gets the old hips swaying! :D

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I like her as both a solo artist and lead singer of No Doubt, but I don't think it's fair to compare the two when the music styles of each are nothing alike.

And as a person, she seems to be one of the rare few down to earth people you'll find.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I love Gwen. I prefer No Doubt over her solo, but I like both. She's different, and that's pretty much always a good thing.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I cant wait for the next No Doubt album. I've head more talk about another solo album for Gwen then another no Doubt album. Has anyone seen the clothes from her fashion line L.A.M.B? They're pretty cool and definitly seem like things Gwen would wear.

11. glam_chic86

What I like best about Gwen is that she didn't expliot herself to be where she is today. She doesn't abuse her popularity. She doesn't do stupid things like Britney and Madonna to place herself in the tabloids. She's where she is today because of her ongoing sucess and talent. She's not afraid to stand out from the crowd and do different things. She's just so...unique and original. She doesn't have to sell herself to sell 5 or 6 million records. It's because she's full of talent and she has an amazing voice. It's also because she's so down to earth and so sweet. When I went to her concert this past sunday she pulled tons of people on stage with her at the end to sing along with her and dance. When the song finished she hugged them all. I've never seen any musician do that ever. Because of that and everything else I have so much respect and admiration for her. I hope she sticks around for a long time.

12. glam_chic86

So what's everyones' favourite song off her album? At first it was "The Real Thing" but now it's "Bubble Pop Electric" Actually, all her songs are fantastic so it's hard just to choose one. After hearing her sing two songs at her concert that weren't on her current album I'm already looking forward to the next one.

13. glam_chic86

So do you guys have more or less respect for Gwen for trying out a different genre of music for L.A.M.B. Most people say it doesn't work but I think knowing that her singles have gone number one proves them wrong. They all did go number one right?

14. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

I would (sadly) have the say I have less respect for Gwen after her last album.

My roommate bought LAMB when it came out and I really didn't like it. I didn't expect her to stay with the ska/rock sound forever, but I thought it was a complete and utter sellout. And I love Gwen. I love her attitude, her voice, her clothes (I could go on) but really, does she really need to sell us on her clothing line through her album? Just my opinion, though. :)

15. glam_chic86

Gwen has decided to postpone her next album...

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/M...ct=&abc=abc

As much as I would love to hear her follow up to L.A.M.B I much rather her taken a break and then hear a album which she did not rush for the sake of it. After hearing those two unreleased songs at her concert I know it'll be good....