Gun Control

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Showtime, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

So true. But let´s assume we sharpen gun-laws to the max. Honestly I have to say this might not really teach young adults carefulness.

I´m afraid if gun-laws are too strict, even more young adults simply joyn the army. :eek:

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

No matter what happens with gun laws, there will always be someone ho finds a way around the rules. Much like drug laws where people hide in houses mixing and selling drugs. For every law there is a loop hole, no matter how big someone will find a way around it and keep doing what they are doing.

Don't get me wrong I am for gun control but as far a the government they aren't doing too much to help keep guns out of the hands of children. Locking the guns up simply isn't doing the job as many still are able to get their hands on guns and injure themselves or others. The stricter the laws the more will come undone when people find ways around them.

3. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

i believe children can be taught not to go near guns, its the adults i'm more concerned about. because they know whats right and wrong. or a mentally unstable person, we need to do something about that.

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Just because an adult teches a child to not touch a gun does not mean they will listen, no matter how many times they are told not to. Adults are just the same way, if there is a law that a felon can not posess a gun, they will find a way to do so. Yes, adults know the difference between right and wrong but at the same time there are many who choose to not use it.

As for your comment about mentally unstable people, I don't understand the content of your sentence and what you are saying.

5. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

^wolves, of course kids can only pretend they listened. So let´s just say we only refer to honest kids. :D

There´re indeed many things with the same goal: Convincing people it´s cool to have a gun. However I think the truth is gun-owners main-aim is to protect themselves.

Do you think such people would still insist on their guns, if we manage to convince them there´s no need for self-protection any more?

If you ask me telling people there´s no need to feel threatened is much easier than making more restrictions. I agree wiith you if there´s a law against something we compete in breaking it. Yet if the same law isn´t there the deed may still be impolite, but so what? What´s not ilegal´s boring. :D

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

To answer your question not all who own a gun use it for protection, the largest section own guns and use them for hunting.

If there is no laws for gun then people will take this as a free for all and will insist that it's time to run a mock and do whatever they please.

I have to disagree that telling people to not feel threatened will not make them more comfortable, in reality it will make people more uncomfortable. If my neighbor whas an arsonel in their basement, I would ask if all the guns were legally registered and what purpose they serve before I jump to any conclusions that they are out to kill the world or harm people.

7. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

honestly, if i knew my neighbor had an arsonel in his basement i wouldn't feel scared. that means if i know about it the rest of the neighborhood knows. and that means no one is going me mess with my neighbor or my house. just because they have alot of other guns or weapons doesn't mean they are going to go crazy and kill people. but of course i draw the line at bomb.

we have something like that at my neighborhood. my dad is a cop and the rest of the neighborhood knows it. so no one messes with us. the same thing with some of my other neighbors, i know some have weapons or have been in the military so i know no one is going to mess with them either.