GSR - So, they're spending the tax-dollars on our love?

Re: GSR - So, they're spending.. part 2

Thanks. I feel so flattered by all your comments. :) Here's new one. This isn't the last chapter yet. One left after this one.. ;)

---

Chapter 2.10

The Lab

After hearing the great news, Grissom walked into the break room with a smile on his face. After four years, almost nothing had changed. Catherine was still the gorgeous strawberry blonde, Greg still had the messy hair and the grin on his face, Nick still was the southern hot guy, Warrick still attracted all the women... and of course, Ecklie was still the stupid boss. Only Grissom had changed. After Sara had been attacked, he was even more closed to the world outside.

They all looked confused. Catherine, as always, was the first one to open her mouth. Her lips, covered with lipgloss, were moving. "Grissom, you look happy. Is..", suddenly she realized what had happened. "She's awake!"

Grissom nodded. The grin appeared on Greg's face. "I knew it." Warrick smiled too. His white teeth were visible. "Dude, that's amazing. When?" Grissom laughed. "Just half an hour ago." Nick patted Grissom on the shoulder.

"Yes. Do you all want to go to the hospital with me?", Gil Grissom asked. His plans originally were not to tell the other ones and go to the hospital alone, but he thought that was just not nice of him.

Greg, Catherine, Nick and Warrick needed to know what happened. They had worked as a team for years. And as he had expected, everyone wanted to go.

They got in the new lab van, and drove to the hospital. This was good for the team. This was good for Sara. This was good for Grissom. The whole experience was good. Driving to the hospital took them thirty minutes. They took the elevator to the fourth floor and they found Sara's doctor at the reception. He smiled. "Hello", he said. Grissom waved. "Hello. Can we visit Sara?" The doctor nodded. "Be quiet though."

Everyone silently walked to Sara's room. There they found her, she smiled at them. She was pale, she looked broken. She was just like porcelain. "Hey", she whispered. "Hey", the team whispered back. "How are you?", Catherine asked. "Like I've been in a coma for four years", Sara joked.

Grissom sat next to Sara, and he touched her head. Her hair was gone, but she still looked really cute. He kissed her on the lips and everyone clapped their hands. That annoyed Grissom a bit. "Yeah, guys, I know.", he said, but he smiled a bit. He was happy he was with Sara again. "We'll go for a while", Catherine said. "Then you two can be alone."

They left the room and Sara smiled. "Finally, after four years", Grissom said. Sara opened her mouth and tried to say something, but the sound didn't come out of her mouth. "Girl, you don't have to say anything", Grissom said, sounding very romantic. He wasn't really a romantic guy, except when Sara was with him. Sara smiled.

"I want to ask you something important", Grissom said. Sara nodded, as if she wanted to say go ahead. "Sara", he said, seriously, grabbing in his pocket, and he showed her a ring. "Do you want to marry me?"

At that very moment, the doctor came in to ask Sara if she was able to have surgery the next day.

- To Be Continued -

Okay your next chappie can't seriously be that last please... continue a little longer I want to know more about them after Sara is out of the hospital. What a great story and I am happy you updated lol

Well, the problem is that I'd really love to write more, but I'll have to go to school tomorrow. Exit holiday, exit time to write, sorry guys! :) I'll start a new GSR-story soon and I'll update in the weekends. You're all invited to the story. I'll update tonight.

YAY!!!! Ya stupid school starting again tomorrow. *Sigh* I guess its part of life LOL. Although it ain't bad at my school cause me and My group run the school LOL.

Awwww, I just started reading this and I was soo hoping it wasn't going to end! But, school doesn't start until wednesday for me and life will go one, can't wait for that last post though.

Thank you, GSRfan_4ever! Oops, I've been a naughty girl. My friend came by unexpected, last monday night. I didn't have time either, yesterday. So the last chapter's up.

---

Chapter 2.11

Sara smiled. She was happy again. Grissom just asked her to marry her. She looked at the doctor. "Yes", she said. And then she looked at Grissom. "Yes to you too", she said. Grissom smiled. Finally, they were going to be married. He had been waiting for this for such a long time. She was going to be his wife. They were going to be happy. There was still only one problem, though. Telling Ecklie about their relationship. He probably already knew, because when Sara was almost murdered, Grissom had been interrogated. It was in the report of the case. But just the idea of telling Ecklie that they were going to be married.

Grissom was going to wait until Sara was fully recovered. It would probably take a while, but he was patient. He had waited for so long, this extra time didn't matter. He wanted Sara to be fine. And Sara was going to be fine. Grissom looked Sara in the eyes, and he kissed her. "Sara, do you want me to tell them already?" Sara nodded. They had the right to know.

Grissom walked to the waiting room and he looked at Catherine, Greg, Warrick and Nick. It was a sign for them to come back to Sara's room. When they sat down, Grissom smiled at them. "We want to tell you something." Catherine immediately knew what they wanted to tell them, but she just smiled and let Gil speak. "As you know, Sara and I are in love." They all nodded. "I asked her to marry me. She said yes." Catherine smiled. "That's good for you guys!" Greg joked. "As Sara knows, I've had a crush on her for a couple of years, but she's al yours now, Griss." Nick laughed. "I didn't know that, Greg", and he walked towards Grissom. "Congrats, man." Grissom smiled. "Thanks", and he patted Nick's shoulder. Warrick did the same as Nick.

Next day

Sara was brought into surgery, there weren't any dangers for her anymore. The operation was a simple procedure. Grissom went to the lab to work on a rape-case and to tell Ecklie about the wedding.

The Lab

Grissom felt his heart beat very fast. He walked through the hallways of the Las Vegas Crime Lab. He was on his way to the office of Conrad Ecklie, the man with the angry expression on his face, permanently. Grissom knocked on the office door and he heard a voice saying "Come in." He walked into the office and saw the face. He didn't look like he was in a nice mood, but Grissom decided to tell him. "What's up, Gil?", Conrad asked. Grissom sat down. "Well, it's this thing you need to know." Ecklie looked curious. "Did you make any mistakes in a case or something?" This was where Ecklie had been waiting for for years, Grissom thought. "No. I haven't. It's something else, much happier."

"What is it?", Ecklie asked. "Well, Sara and I are going to be married", Grissom confessed. "What?", Ecklie asked. "Yes, it's true. I'm not kidding." Ecklie looked angry. "You use my lab just to make love to her? Sidle's been in a coma for four years!" Gil wasn't the man to get angry about such statements. "I know, Conrad. But as you know we were in love before Sara got in the coma. I asked her yesterday and she said yes." Ecklie looked at Grissom. "Fine. But don't think I'll show up at the wedding." That's already what Grissom thought. "Thanks for your time, Conrad."

The Hospital

Wheels were riding on the floor. The clean white floor. Shoes were walking over it. The wheels were of a bed. The bed Sara Sidle was lying on. She passed the surgery. Everything was going to be fine.

Two hours later

Sara woke up. She looked where she was. The same white room as a day ago. White ceiling, white floor, white walls, white bed. Her own room. Everything was fine. And suddenly, she saw a familiar face. It was her lover. Gosh, that sounded so weird. Her lover. Her soon-to-be-husband. He kissed her on the mouth. Sara was still a bit in her own world, after the surgery. She smiled. "Hey", she whispered.

Grissom talked about that afternoon. He told about Ecklie's heavy reaction, and his final approval. Sara smiled. "Finally", she whispered. Grissom said he would take care of the arrangements for the wedding, and that she should take some rest.

Six months later Caths POV

Yesterday was the wedding. Sara looked amazing. She already had more hair, and she wore a great wedding dress. Well, it wasn't that much of a dress, actually. She wore jeans with a shirt that said; Would you like to be my husband? and she wore a skirt over the jeans. She looked so happy. If she'll ever get pregnant, I'd love to help her. She's fully recovered, luckily, she doesn't have any speaking problems and no trouble with her brains. It could have been much worse.

They're a couple

THE END. (I've been working on the last chapter for 2 hours, lol)

lol nice ending. Sequel, we need a sequel! *puppy dog eyes* Please?

Sequel, Seque! Haha, time to pull out pitchforks? I don't have one though,*looks down* I don't consider myself good enough to have a pitchfork. haha

Back