Grissom & Sara # 28: To heart's and eyes' delight

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Re: Grissom & Sara #28: To heart's and eyes' delight

That would be very interesting CSI LOVE, to see Grissom talking to someone in Sara's family. I would like to see him mess up, like saying Hi I'm Gil Grissom, Sara's boyfri uh I mean I'm her boss. What if he says fiance. That would be awesome.

2. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I'd like to see it happen while the rest of the team are there so that they'll be all :eek: again. Although, saying that, I kind of like secret GSR.

3. sidlewannabee

That would be very funny to see Grissom mess up in front of the team. I think their expressions would be even better then the last time. I kind of like the secret too CSI LOVE, but in a way we would get more out of GSR if they didn't have to hide it from everyone.

4. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

I don't think that anyone will call in her family. They all know that Sara isn't close to her family because she never talks about them and she has a problem with abuse cases. Grissom would have got a hold of her family if she was close with any of them, which I doubt because I think that any of her family would bring back bad memories.

Although it would be nice to meet her family, I think it would be extremely awkward and she would most probably shout at them to go away... A fic read a few minutes ago, I think is really true to what might happen in the show... Well, at the end atleast.. The middle don't jive with me so well. :p

Here is the link:

Kudos to this author for a really great story.

I think it would be classic if Grissom screws up. I think it would be really classic if even while all this signs that they are together are there.... The team acts totally ignorant... Wouldn't that be sooo classic?

And, I would carry on commenting but it turns out that I am in the process of being asked out by one of my best guy friends... And I think I might say yes. OMG. Squeee!

Sorry. *goes off to have a nervous breakdown*

Kate. :D :D :D

5. sidlewannabee

I think you are right SA KATE 937, i don't think they will try to contact her family just because of what has happened to her in her childhood and when Sara wakes up if her family is there she will get mad because I don't think she considers them family anymore. It would stil be funny though.

6. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Seriously Adz, what would we do without you? :lol: You should write down your thoughts, and feed us them in little bits to help us survive the summer. :lol:

I would love a Grissom meets the family ep and...I don't have anything else to say....*blink*

*shouts* TURTLE! Adz wants you. :lol: :p

GSR Rules. :rolleyes:

7. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I know Sara has never seemed to get on with her family but introducing a new character would be good, maybe someone less obvious like a distant aunt or something? Someone who Sara won't be mad to see at her hospital bedside when she wakes up :lol:

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think the problem, though, is that with Sara bringing in her family opens a whole can of worms and a pile of questions.

When they brought in Judge and Mrs. Stokes, it was just, "Here we are, Nick's parents."

They have two options for Sara - her Mom (who is either dead, still in jail, or estranged from her, by the sound of it) or her brother (whom we got a passing mention of about 5 years ago - that said, they brought up Teri Miller again, so anything's possible. lol.)

The problem is that it becomes, "Where were you (the brother) when the murder went down? What have you done with your life?" etc.

The Mom becomes a whole new storyline.

I'm not anti-finding out more about Sara's family, but in an episode that really is going to be jam-packed with trying to find Sara, and hopefully some gooey GSR coda scene, I can't see them also going into a huge exposition about Sara as a child or what involvement her family had in her life since then when the episode really doesn't necessarily call for it.

What I would prefer from the season opener is for it to be a lot about Grissom. Bear with me here. What I mean is that I do want him to answer some questions about when the relationship happened and how, etc. most likely at Catherine's request, which could be a fun scene.

I want to see him freaking out or dealing with it.

I do want Sara rescued, but we so rarely get a Grissom episode that's about Grissom really digging deeper that it would be nice to see. Butterflied was probably his most introspective one to date - so having a kind of answer to Butterflied, with the, "I took the chance, now was it a bad idea that I've put her at risk because of our relationship" would be cool.

Not, of course, if they pull a MerDer and break up because Grissom's tired of "Breathing for her" or some such bullshit, but just a chance for him to take a look inside.

Because really, Sara is very much the prop in this whole thing. Grissom is the target.

9. sidlewannabee

I thought Sara didn't have any relatives, that is why she was put in foster care. I don't think she would be mad at a foster family she had or something though.

10. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

^^^^Saras mom killed her dad then she went to foster care where she was bonced from foster parent to foster parent.

I would rather this whole ep. be about sara, then her family.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

She was put in foster care, because her mom stabbed her dad, and I believe that's real blood brother! and who knows the rest. I guess the writers don't think is revelant to bring in her family problems, but, we've seen a bit of Cath's [Sam Braun] and Nick's folks, and Warrick has talked about his grandma, and Brass's low-life daughter, and Greg being an only child, Docs wife, and Grissom's mom being deaf, which he inherited, but no Sara relatives that we have only known and heard about from her! maybe when S/8 comes they'll delve furthur into that area!

[​IMG]

12. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

*raises hand sheepishly* That'd be me. Trust me, it takes a very special person to not see a bug the size of her thumb before she sniffs it up her nose.

So are you. Because then I just woulda said "Happy Birthday to you who is having a birthday. You know who you are - your name just gives me a headache because I can't spell." ;)

I figured my addiction to X-Files hit it's peak about the time I started collecting and reading the books. Even the little ones that were the same as the episode only shorter and not as good... I have yet to go that far with CSI. But it's only a matter of time.

*groans* Top THREE? Again? Why can it never be the top 5? or 20? or hell, 100? Because that would be easier to do. I cannot put them in order. Every scene I think of trumps the one I thought of before it, and eventually my original top three is laying somewhere on the cutting room floor. And then I'm like "Oh noes! I LOVE that scene!" And so I attempt to make in fit in at number 2.5 and wind up with a list that's 10 scenes long. It's a mess.

Take my father for example. My mother informed me that he used to be a heck of a pothead. lol. He swears on a stack of bibles that he hasn't done it since he found out mom was pregnant with me.

And if they don't... they really should be fired. ;) I love the idea of secret GSR. Because it's strangly... romantic. Full of [possibly] stolen kisses and random "let me take your camera and cop a feel of your arm" moments. But really? I'm looking forward to the team knowing. Gives the romance a little spark of something new. Not that I thought it was boring before...

I'm just saying that I really don't see anyone of them running down the hall yelling "OMG! Grissom's doing Sara!!" Or even, and perhaps more likely in a closed lab setting, whipsering conspiritialy (whoa, totally spelled that one wrong) to each other only to shut up and look like deer caught in the headlights when Grissom walks in. Or Sara. Because she will be walking back into the lab at some point. Even if it is just to collect her things. Yes. She will not die! TPTB cannot take her away from us in that degree. They just can't. *random stress filled cliffhanger sobs*

Am I the only one still on the idea that her father never hurt HER? I mean sure. He more certianly was mean and abusive to her mom, but I'm still leaning towards the angle of how she might have seen his bad side... but he never touched her. Guess so.

But even if he did... not all her memories of her family are going to be bad memories. She would have still had a childhood (ableit a short one) with a brother. And at least a few happy memories with a mother that surely loved her.

I think they should be notified, if they are still around somewhere. And if they choose not to come, then so be it. And if Sara takes one look at them and tells them to leave her her the **** alone then, hey - that would make some mighty fine TV drama there too. AND maybe we'd get a little more backstory on Sara.

Or... *sobs* Maybe they'll just have Grissom meet them at the funeral. I did NOT just say that. *is proud member of team SO*

Amen. We don't need to see them in the Season opener. But maybe Grissom dialing the phone and saying "Ms. Sidle, my name is Gil Grissom..." either to let her know what transpired (at Sara's request, preferably) or to tell her of the death of her daughter.

WHY DO I KEEP GOING THERE?

Perhaps I should be on team Hopefully Pessimistic. :rolleyes:

But I do think it would make for an entertaining plot sometime in the future of Season 8. I can't think of how. But maybe the brother comes to town for Sara and... Eh. Nevermind. It's to cliche. I refuse to go there.

Who's a whatzit? *blinks* That was the single oddist sentence I've ever read. What she wants me for? *looks at Adz - looks at Egg* Turtle's confused.

And now I have to go.

That is all.

13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

sarah! i missed your essays, lol *hugs*
    btw, have you already seen the finale or are you still waiting?
    well, you know, there is always the Aftermath to deal with ... the aftermath, lol.

let's assume that Sara dies. the second ep named like this would probably deal with mourning and maybe with Sara's family (including Grissom).

CSI never gave straight answers. we had Nick's parents, but we didn't deal with Nick being sexually assaulted as a kid. we had Brass with Ellie, and we had some answers but nothing is so clear either. let's remember that Ellie is not Jim's biological child (the mailman, remember?) but she doesn't know about it. so there was a lot of issues going on with the families of other CSI. we got some answers but we still have some unanswered questions. like always, on this show, when the storylines are series/season - long.

i know that those cases seem to be less traumatic (in Ellie's case) or connected to the parents (in Nick's) but i'm trying to conclude a pattern to which CSI deals with family problems in a-CSI-in-danger episodes.

furthermore, i'm not saying that i want a whole episode about Sara's family and nothing about Grissom. i had an idea though, that it would be interesting to see Sara's brother for example. he can come, tell Grissom something ambiguous during a short conversation and it doesn't have to take over the show at all. like i said, Sara's childhood is more traumatic than Nick's relations with his parents or Ellie's-gone-bad storyline. i would expect mentioning Sara's past by her brother and for example some info that he lives let's say in San Fran, but nothing that would tell us point blank what happened. besides, you don't think that much about the past if the present seems even worse.

it would be nice if for example Sara survived and the brother would recognize through Sara's behavior that she's in love with Grissom, for instance. kinda soapy for CSI, but they have more courage to touch personal subjects now, than ever before.

i'm actually pretty interested how they are going to handle the second ep. cuz CSI is not a soap and everytime there's got to be a new case (at least that's how it always was for the last 7 years).

what if Sara dies though? how are they going to go and work another scene just like that? well, they can always throw some minor tricky murder, connected to the MCSK in some way. or a totally separate one, which would be considered almost like an annoying commercial break like it was with the taxi driver case in TGTBATD. and that would be ... well annoying.

but i totally get the point if Sara's family won't be notified nor mentioned. the answer why is simple. it's just easier to say "yeah, they're dead/in jail/Sara doesn't wanna see them/the don't wanna come or not saying anything about them at all. so it really depends on many factors.
    egg, my supporter! *loves you* yes, yes y'all listen to her, she knows what she's saying ;)
    *mumbles incoherently* fanfic, fanfic, fanfic ... need you to write one about ... the family coming to Vegas and meeting Grissom ...

lol

14. Steph

Steph Prime Suspect

On Sara's family showing up: I don't think it will happen. TPTB are putting a lot into the Sara storyline anyway and the character has been/is going to be dealing with a lot of emotional problems lately (with her relationship w/Grissom being revealed and the trauma of being kidnapped and put under a car). Adding more onto that stress isn't going to make the show entertaining in my opinion.

On GSR marraige: Good. I am not for sleeping w/partners before marraige or living w/them, but in the case of GSR... I'm a bit for it because of their chemistry. These two have been together for a while now and they should just realize what the next step should be.

On GSR baby: No/Yes. No because it is still kinda early in their intimate relationship. They know each other, yeah, but they don't have a long romance partnership/"I love you more than anyone in this world" type relationship (if you get my drift).

I say yes for baby because they do love each other and if they get hitched, it is somewhat expected. Also, with the whole age difference... not only is Grissom older than Sara, but Sara is getting older too. Some people just like to think that there is a cut-off age for having kids. I'm not one of them, but I thought I'd bring it up.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Actually Nick was sexually assaulted a kid, by his baby sitter, I forget the name of the ep. when the woman and her freak-show pyschologist smothered the teen and he died, trying to rebirth him, and Nick told Cath about his expierence! I also hope that Grissom will meet on of Sara's relatives, that would be awesome, and is Grissom's mom still living?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.