Grissom & Sara #26: It's So Obvious, Isn't It?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Alyssa, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

While I do have favorite scenes from past episodes, I think that they were all kind of leading up to being canon. I'm not saying that they no longer matter, but I suppose it's a little like reading a fic someone's writing about getting Sara and Grissom together after they've already been together openly on the show for how many months?

It's not as fun. Back in Season 6 when Gum Drops had to be cancelled (as it was written) and there was no GSR, it seemed, for about six or seven months, looking back and remembering all of the old scenes seemed to almost be more about reminding ourselves that it WAS where the show had always intended to head and that they did really care for each other.

Again, no disrespect - I'm not saying that this can't be fun, I'm just saying that, for me, in a strange way the scenes don't really have the weight that they used to. Now they're like supporting evidence, rather than the main case.

The main case IS them being together.

And for the first time you can kind of look forward and know you'll get a new GSR scene, rather than just hope.

So my long answer would be: Whatever's to come is my favorite scene. Because with how slow (but I love that it's slow) they've taken this, anything is a possibility.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

And basketball is going to be on this Thurs. :( great, that so sucks.. can't wait till 'EMPTY EYES' taps foot..I still love "Nesting Dolls" not the whole ep. but the Sara scenes were incredible, what a great actress, and I'm going with this one for when they "got together" if you catch my drift :p that's when he broke his so stiff demeanor, and made her feel all better.. realiazing that's what he wanted.. to be with her in "that way"[​IMG]

[​IMG] and her apt. does look like those minature pics. from a while back!!

3. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

The episode where he said "I've got a gal named Sara" was in "2X23 - The Hunger Artist"

You know, I was watching 5x05 "Swap Meet" today.. And you know at the end how Sara cites "Arrive as a Couple, Leave as a couple"? Well, Grissom and Sara arrive at their crime scene together and leave the office.. Well walk away from interrogation together. I didn't think absolutely anything of it.... Until now!! haha, our little Love Bugs!

4. Desertwind

Thank's gsrLOVE that's right.. ~~~scratches head ~~~I love that line ;)

5. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Gosh, I remember analyzing the set of Sara's apartment in "Nesting Dolls" half to death when the episode aired. We all wondered if the plant that Grissom gave her was there.. Trying to figure out how long Grissom had been playing solitaire, waiting for Sara to gather her thoughts as she tried to verbalize the memories to the one man she wanted desperately to trust... Ah, those were fun times. Don't get me wrong, I ADORE canon Geek Love, but it was just hilarious back in the day when we were so... meticulously searching to make sure we were right about our ship. It's nice to not have to wonder, anymore.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Fun fact? That was a David Rambo episode. :)

And there's no way it wasn't intentional.

How I love him so!

And lmao, Alyssa - I never noticed the cards before. Were they not there before the commercial break?

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

geeez. no, seriously i can't read any fics that start with "Grissom's wife was on maternity leave". i just can't. and now, before all the finale craziness and during march break i NEED fics to survive. canon fics. but i totally understand where are they coming from - fics are always one step further than the show. i'm just in the anti- teams.

on the other note, i'm gonna list my most important moments throughout the seasons that create my personal timeline. so here it is. VERY simplified, cuz we all know there is a whole lot more into it.

Season 1
    - Cool Change. The moment we see both of them on the screen for the first time. and the chemistry was just sizzling since the first second.

Season 2
    - Chalk Scene. It's the first time, Sara goes beyond the safe flirtation zone and gives a real, bold signal "I'm interested! Now it's your turn to do something"

Season 3
    - PWF, Dinner. Obviously he didn't do anything, and she might've thought "Maybe he didn't take the hint? I like him far too much not to try again".

Season 4
    - Butterflied. Grissom confesses he's interested but too scared to do anything, she overhears it. He assumes she's not gonna wait after PWF, he's pretty sure it's too late for him.

Season 5
    - Snakes. Sara's response to Butterflied. "No, it's not too late yet. I still like you, I'm constant with my feelings for you and I can wait until you're ready, cuz I know you like me".

Season 6
    - POTTR. yes, yes, i'm still into my 'Since POTTR' theory. Grissom realizes how it is to loose a chance. The whole issue is just thrown into his face. It's the final little thing that pushes him to act. He decides to do right about Sara.

Season 7
    - The Letter. He wrote that it's hard for him to express his feelings. it means he's definitely not extremely affectionate. I think he realized he needs to change a bit, assure her more often about his love and actually talk to her. Besides, the only fact of him writing a LOVE letter is an amazing, huge step.
    YEAH! you drunk a shot for me? i taught you good. Happy B-Day, btw.

8. Desertwind

Yes they did arrive and leave together.. and the 'tea' & remember when he had tea with LH? well, that's bygones ago :mad:.. what's with the "tea" how about coffee or a shot of something :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] "You think their happy"?

9. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

ack I so agree! enough already!

sorry just needed to de-lurk long enough to say that

10. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I'm jonesin for GSR, guys. I'm sitting here at work, on my lunch break, smiling as you guys discuss the baby issue. It's a tough one, because while I'm not anti-baby, I don't think I could read fics about them having the baby... but I could stand fics after the baby was born. We could always do the X-Files-esque "fast forward" and show Sara finding out she's pregnant... then see her with the kid. That helps us get past some of the awkwardness of having to watch Gris and Sara go through a pregnancy.

Funny enough, before Gris left on sabatical, I really wasn't sure about the whole pregnancy thing. I thought it was POSSIBLE Sara COULD be pregnant... supplying some of the angst. However, since he's been back I've seen nothing to support that theory. So, I'm thinking we won't be getting any babies this season, and that's just fine with me. Really, I can take that either way.

Though, I can still see a possible marriage in the future. Though, NOT onscreen. Seriously, I am a huge shipper, but I just don't want to see that. I want it to happen off-screen so the fans can develop their own ideas of what went down and make it as romantic or simplistic as they desire. I think seeing the actual wedding wouldn't work because so many people would be disappointed, no matter what happened.

Gil and Sara sitting in a tree!!

I started to come up with a new scenario that seemed interesting to me... don't know what you guys will think of it. But, since I still have 15 minutes left in my lunch break and I'm trying DESPERATELY not to work through it, I'll post this little scenario.

So, I think we need a tease before things go too badly for Gil and Sara. I think a new model should come in, and everyone's working fiercly on it. Gris goes in his office for a bit to try to get his mind off of it. Cath comes in to talk to him. He opens his mail while they're talking, and freezes when he opens an envelope. He grabs a pair of latex gloves, throwing them on. He pulls the card out, opening it. On the outside, there's a picture of the doll. Grissom opens it, then rushes out of the room. Cath wonders what the heck is going on and follows him. Gris goes into the layout room, where Sara, Greg and Nick have been working on the miniature and comparing the older ones, looking for consistencies/inconsistencies, etc. Grissom hands the card to Sara. She opens it, blanching. She looks at Grissom, tears in her eyes. Warrick comes in, wondering what's going on. Catherine would like to know as well. Grissom tells Warrick to close the door. He does. Grissom goes to Sara's side as she puts the card on the table. She laments, "That son of a b****." Grissom puts a comforting hand on her shoulder while the others stare at the card on the table. Catherine puts a glove on and opens it. Inside, it reads "Happy Anniversary" and has a picture of a much engaged Grissom and Sara. The team looks up at their dynamic duo. "Wait. I'm confused," says Nick. "Anniversary as in annual? As in a year?" Greg smirks, "You guys have been together for a year?" He quickly realizes the smirk on his face is out of place, letting it drop away. Catherine closes the card, staring at it. "This isn't how it was supposed to happen," Sara says, distraught. Grissom is pissed. Warrick's a little mad at our dynamic duo. "How long has this been going on, really?" Sara can see that Grissom's temper is rising, so she answers, "A while." She can't say much more. Her face is filled with the horror of having their privacy invaded, and what this intrusion means in the conext of the miniature killer. She looks at Grissom, saying, "That was right after you came home." Greg, still missing the wider implications, explodes, "Wait until Ecklie hears about this." "Ecklie's not going to hear about this," Catherine interrupts. All eyes go to her. "This doesn't leave this room." She picks up an evidence bag, sealing the card inside. She hands it to Grissom. "We're going to keep working as if nothing ever happened." Sara looks at Catherine, completely taken aback, "That's witholding evidence." A small smile creeps upon her face, "You'd do it for me." Sara smiles, relieved. Grissom's face relaxes as he looks at his team. Nick and Greg seem determined, but Warrick still struggles to understand the new information. However, his loyalty to the team overweighs his distaste for the situation. He nods. Grissom takes control of the room. "Sara, you and Nick stay here and work on the miniatures. Catherine, I need you to go through all the old files, see what we can get on those foster kids. Warrick, let me know what killed her as soon as you can. Greg, you're with me." The team disperses, and though there's much to be done, and some issues will have to be resolved, Sara almost sighs, relieved that the deception is over, but wondering how long the team can keep it quiet, and how much longer she and Gil can continue working together in Vegas.

Yeah... It's weird. It's goofy... but it was just an idea. There's more to it, and I just typed it up quite quickly as I was sitting here, but my lunch break ends in five minutes, so I better get back to work. :)

11. Desertwind

So, no marriage nor babies.. where would you think they'd end up then? 60 years old, and sitting on the front porch with their flashlights :mad: and bugs? eventually wouldn't you like to see a wedding ceremony?

[​IMG]

WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF SURREPTITOUS SQUEEZE SARA, THE CSI GURU LOST THE BEARD HE GREW DURING HIS SABBITICAL..TRUSTING A WOMAN ENOUGH TO LET HER NEAR YOUR NECK, WITH A STRAIGHT RAZOR.. WE KNOW IT'S ..TRUE LOVE

TV Guide

12. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Hey Desertwind, can I have that icon, please? I will credit when use. I write GSR story for the first time. I alway write Snickers, I'm still do. I decided to try my hand on GSR. So I will give you the link what you think but no flame, please. I'm new at this GSR story.

Part 1

Part 2 throught 7.

I'm working on Part 8.

13. Desertwind

NickAndGrissom I PM'd you so go from there ;) no problemo ;)

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I pm you back. I snagged it.

15. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

What a CRAZY weekend! My family is OUT OF CONTROL! My grandmother saying I can't wear holey jeans anymore, my cousin saying my boyfriend is GAY, and me getting drunker than a skunk! CRAZY!!!!!

Yes I did! I said here's to Adz! And I drunk it down...and it was gooooood!

Anyway...the main reason I am here...GSR...yes...
    AWESOME. Yes...simply AWESOME GSR. Can't get enough...erm...alright...I'm done. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.