Grissom & Sara #26: It's So Obvious, Isn't It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, it was hard to choose only three - how awesome is that?! I went with the note, the hallway scene, and the shaving scene.

Note
Because I was floored that Grissom would do something so romantically wonderful and cheesy as write a love letter.
Because I was surprised to see him in the episode, period.
Because bloody man grew a damned mountain-man beard and it pissed me off.

Hallway
Because they were so happy to see each other, right out in the open.
Because Grissom was doing the pursuing this time instead of Sara.
Because Grissom's expression looked something like "You are the biggest, bestest bug I ever laid eyes on and I totally want to mount you. On my wall. I mean, against my wall. Not my office wall, my apartment wall. Dammit, I just realized I'm chasing you down a corridor at work. Oh, who cares! Kiss me, you rank filly!"

The Shavening
Because that was a hell of a lot for TPTB to allow in a CSI show.
Because it came right at the end, linked to previous events only thematically - no other justification except its own GSRness.
Because my television melted from the hottness of a scene that, really, had no right to be so hot. (They were clothed, for God's sake! They barely touched! No kissies! And yet they left me feeling dirty! In a really good way!!)

egg I just had a thought whilst writing in my open diary, and remember when Sara said "It's very easy to wear your heart on your sleeve when you aren't looking in his eyes." Wellllll. Isn't this like what happened with Grissom, writing his letter, he was able to express himself, and then, maybe he didn't post it, or hesitated posting it, because he realised that he would have to see her, and she would know his feelings. ( oooh, back to LH thinking that Grissom's fear was to be known) Sorry little bit slow on the uptake, you probably have mentioned this somewhere, but it went straight over my head as usual!
Actually, I haven't seen this posted anywhere, and I think it's really good insight. :)

Because bloody man grew a damned mountain-man beard and it pissed me off.

I know, I know - WP just didn't feel like shaving, but I'll make it canon anyway by saying that I think it proves that it's sort of like "All that stuff I did because I'm now with Sara? Why bother if I don't see her every day?" And while yes, she seemed happy to see him, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we're supposed to gather that until the shaving scene, all was not well.

The scene did work as a great big metaphor, partly because Catherine mentioned it as one of the things that tipped her off on to his being suddenly happily settled in a relationship. Likewise, I think until Way to Go and the realization that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, there may have been a question of depth on both sides involving the relationship.

y'all. i just seen Hitch with Will Smith and i think i may have gotten the explanation for the WTF Sara - look in Poppin' Tags.

so. let's assume their first kiss/mambo happened shortly before PT, or that they were still in the early stages of their relationship at a time. let's think how Grissom would be like taking the first step and then maintaining the willingness to pursue the relationship. there is only one way in my mind: serious, slow, passionate, looking-in-the-eyes, delicate, subtle, a little shy, somewhat hesistant. later, he would become more comfortable with expressing his feelings (like now), but not yet.

a comment like "i'm good in mouth to mouth" is a complete opposite of what i just descibed. and if i was Sara i would seriously make the same face and just think "huh? WTF?". so on one side this comment was completely out of character but on the other, it's very IN character for Grissom to say something nobody would predict, and contradict himself. i mean c'mon, the man races cocroaches.

Adz you are so totally kicking some butt with those icons. I love them lots.
thanks Shipwrecked, i'm glad you like them!
The funny thing is that this was supposed to be a longer scene which would show us a bit more of Sara's new apartment. Now here's the odd part - would Sara, even if she is dating the bugman, have that big a collection of butterflies in an apartment she has just by herself if Grissom still has the condo?
well since canon counts only for what was showed, i'm gonna stay in my bubble and think it was Grissom's apartament. cuz i love him and i really like the idea that i've seen part of his bathroom *swoon*
The miniature was fan-made, just so that everyone knows. That wasn't released by CBS, someone found it on a general CSI fansite, I believe.
DANG IT! desertwind, you did it again, lol. and i seriously started to freak out yesterday and it wasn't until today that i read sarah's post. maaan, i so thought it was Sara's apartament's miniature. i had all those scenarios playing in my head:

*Grissom and Cath open a new miniature box*
Grissom: *breathless* this is ... Sara's new apartament.
Cath: How do you know that?
G: I ... I've been there.
C: And I see you managed to hang your butterflies on her walls and leave your straw hat on a hanger?
G: ...
C: Gotcha.

as for the poll, i voted Dear, Love Letter and Hallway Hunger. i had a bit of a dilemna there, i chose like 6 in the beginning. boy, we are so spoiled (the dictionary meaning of this word) with GSR this year and y'all know what? i love it.

So...just curious...when you guys see our geeks...what songs come to mind? To me...I'm thinking it's gotta be...Dirty Little Secret. Just because it fits them SO well. :D

I would have to say that in this period of their relationship I'm thinking The Beach Boys - God only knows, because the lyrics are good and the song itself is very light-hearted like their relationship at this point.

God only knows what I'd be without you...
If you should ever leave me
Well life would still go on believe me
The world could show nothing to me
So what good would living do me
God only knows what I'd be without you...

ok besides the "bow chi-ca bow-bow" when i see them in the same scene.. i can't really think of another song, there's just so many. i can be at work and hear a song over the com and think to myself "oh that'd be an awesome song for gsr!" and of course i walk around imagining a scene set to that song smiling uncontrolably for at least an hour all the while my coworkers think i'm absolutely nuts. . .

Adzix that "minature" of Sara's apt, was just some fan's intrepretation of it!! it was all in fun :D, I hope you all realize that we really don't know what type of living arrangement she's in at the moment? did they get a place together? "butterflies" on the bathroom wall, is is her bathroom? or his (which I doubt]

wtganigoodbye2cb.gif
"I'm not ready to say goodbye"
141aj.gif

Man, I knew they were canon couple for a long time. It's when the end of "Way to Go" at the end of Season six that proved what I knew all along. Out of all the ships in the three CSI's GSR is by far the most developed and engaging. All the others are either too new or mostly fanfiction material in my opinion.

MissDee said:

Because Grissom's expression looked something like "You are the biggest, bestest bug I ever laid eyes on and I totally want to mount you. On my wall. I mean, against my wall. Not my office wall, my apartment wall. Dammit, I just realized I'm chasing you down a corridor at work. Oh, who cares! Kiss me, you rank filly!"

:lol: Wow, amazingly enough, that is exactly the emotion that I've been trying to convey to all of my friends who just don't get GSR. Not to mention funny as all get-out. Thank you.

y'all. i just seen Hitch with Will Smith and i think i may have gotten the explanation for the WTF Sara - look in Poppin' Tags.

:) I like that movie. Speaking of movies, I recently watched Awakenings with Robin Williams and Robert DeNiro. I cried my freakin eyes out. :( Robin William's character sort of reminded me of Grissom, in the way that he was completely genious and loved science but tended to stumble over words in social situations. And around women. But eventually Robin Williams sort of gets a girl at the end. That's a really good movie that you should go watch.

Random stuff, huh. Sorry, I'll get on topic now. :confused: Soccer puts you in a trance.

*Grissom and Cath open a new miniature box*
Grissom: *breathless* this is ... Sara's new apartament.
Cath: How do you know that?
G: I ... I've been there.
C: And I see you managed to hang your butterflies on her walls and leave your straw hat on a hanger?
G: ...
C: Gotcha.

If we could start a group called the hatless people, that would be nice too. :devil:

OH and for the poll, I haven't voted yet, but for me personally, I would have to say Happenstance, because I started leaving the room just as Sara walked into Grissom's office. I definitely had not expected that. And tho it was sort of like, "well is she angry?" i liked it. It was pretty sexy. :cool:

Yo! :D
I have just discovered that my 75 year old grandad likes GSR! :lol:
We were generally chatting about tv, and I asked him if he likes CSI, he told me he only likes the one with Grissom in. It took quite a while to get this out of him, mind you, he is a bit hard of hearing, and I would ask him if he watched the one set in Las Vegas and he kept saying no! But then all of a sudden he came out with "I like the one with Grissom!" Such an odd conversation...Anyway, so then he went off on one saying how he thought "that brunette one is beautiful". Eventually I pried out of him that he thought Grissom and Sara should be together! (as in future tense, did I mention how clueless he is :lol: )He was so funny!
Apparently he doesn't watch it regularly, but just watches it on livingtv most nights, so hasn't got a clue about timelines or anything. Then he got all wise on me, and told me that he thought something fishy was going on during "the one in that nut 'ouse" (he's a cockney by the way), I just smiled and nodded. *sigh*

I just looked up thermite on youtube, and there are some awesome videos of it "burning and burning until it burns itself out". Totally awesome :)

I've been trying to convey to all of my friends who just don't get GSR.
:eek: You tell your friends??? :confused: I keep my obsession to myself, people already think I'm wierd :lol: :rolleyes:

Adzix I have a problem, I can't stop staring at your icon. Literally five minutes I stared at it until I realised what I was doing. Oh, and I luurrrve all your other icons too, I must say that the Sofia angry one makes me snort, everytime. :lol:

OK ya'll - sorry I haven't been around for like... ages. But I got snowed in at work. Two and a half feet over the course of two days. It was nasty outside.

Anyways, I really don't have anything valuable to add to this conversation so I'll just list my choices for Sarah's last poll and be on my merry way back to the hotel were I just spent the last three days. This time so I can work. Yay.

Grissom easily chiding Sara about their age difference when it comes to music. It was nice to see that it doesn't bother either of them seriously.

Because it put to rest the fear the TPTB were going to take us down the angst riddled age difference road. And it was cute.

Grissom calling Sara "Dear" - so out of nowhere, yet sounding so normal for them.

Because, like I said at the time, he was using a term of endearment and nobody was hurt and/or dying. T'was good. And she didn't look at him like it was something he would never say. It was more like a slip of the tongue "Oh yeah, we're at work... like the dead body here isn't a complete give away." It was so barely there that I almost missed it. But so powerful that I gave it a special place in my blog. Yeah, I'm nuts.

Grissom returns, ready to pounce Sara even when she's covered in garbage.

He just looked sooo eager that I wanted to pounce him. Through the television. He was like a kid in a candy store. It made me happy.

And my fourth choice, just because Sarah put limits to me again, was the shaving scene. Seriously? How am I supposed to pick only three?

I didn't actually vote for it because, well, it felt kind of fanficky... It was hot. It was sweet. It was GSR. But it was also...odd. You know? That and the way he said 'intimatly'? I can't watch it anymore without giggling. Sorry WP, but it cracks me up more then it makes me squee.

You tell your friends??? I keep my obsession to myself, people already think I'm weird.

I don't tell people either. They know... but I don't tell them. They already think I'm nuts. If I started gushing out GSR on a regular basis, they'd have me locked up for sure. That's why I love it here so very much.

Speaking of which, my mom, dad, sisters, and I were all sitting around the table the other night (like the friday after the shaving scene) and I asked my dad if he'd watched CSI (I was growing weary of listening to my sister rant and rave about GA) and he was like "Not yet." So I shut my mouth. Two days later my mom calls me and says "I saw the end of CSI with that guy you think you're in love with and that dark haired girl. Bet that made you giggle."

My mom's a fruitcake. She's right... but still, a fruitcake.

Oh, and Adz, your icons rock my socks. For real. Yay!

That is all.

I have come out of my non-posting world of lurkdom(is that a word?)...not that anyone noticed I was gone. :rolleyes:

For the Poll-thing:

The "When I first met you" scene in Toe Tags. I liked that Grissom got pouty that Sara thought he would be boring, but that he'd also memorized the lecture title.

Because its sweet that they brought up their first time. First time meeting that is. And it is absolutely adorable the expression Sara has when she says it.

Grissom checking Sara out in the lab in Fannysmackin', and Sara challenging him to a "duel" (aka. sex)

I love how much read-between-the-lines stuff there is in this scene, and Grissom's raised eye after Sara's 'Are you volunteering' is absolutely, hilariously, adorable.

Grissom returns, ready to pounce Sara even when she's covered in garbage.

I both hate and love this scene; I half want him to jump her right there. And half want her to smack him across the face and say: 'I said we will talk later dang-it, I smell like crap, get it through your thick scull!' :lol:

If we could start a group called the hatless people, that would be nice too.

Dude, seriously. Does anyone really like him with his hat? Adz probably will though. I mean *whispers*She thinks his toothbrush is hot. :lol:

Adzix I have a problem, I can't stop staring at your icon. Literally five minutes I stared at it until I realised what I was doing.

Great Adz has hypnotic icons :rolleyes:

I was growing weary of listening to my sister rant and rave about GA

Dude, that sounds like my mom she just goes on and on and on....and on 'bout GA. I mean I like the show but It is just a bit awkward when your mom is 'ohh'ing and 'ahh'ing over McDreamy.(Seriously. I am scarred for life!)And on the rare ocasion she says somthing about CSI it is usaly anti-GSR

You tell your friends??? I keep my obsession to myself, people already think I'm weird.

Same here, I keep my insanity to my self. None of my friends even know I watch. My family knows I like the show. But usually my Dad is the one who makes us watch CSI(I just sit back and usually end up getting my way without really doing or saying anything). He gets REALLY pissed when we watch Grays .

Does anyone really like him with his hat?
You have to be joking??? :eek: He is hawt in the hat! looksie
annnnd Sara likes the hat too :) :)

Oh, I have no problem keeping my obsession to myself, I have sky+. (uk equivalent of TiVo (I think that is how you spell it??)) (Oh dear, I just double bracketed, not good) Having sky+ means that I can watch it over and over again when no one is home! Also I can pause, rewind and fast forward for absolute viewing pleasure. *sigh* I have no idea what I am going to do when I go to university, I might have to get another job to pay for sky+! :p

F..k

I just made a frekin' post and it deleated its self.
Stupid post.

You have to be joking??? He is hawt in the hat! looksie
annnnd Sara likes the hat too :)

You.Have.To.Be.Joking.Crap.I hate you.

Pro-Hat: Eggbe4thechicken

Anti-Hat: Chocolate bunnys

Bi-Hat:

Yay.More Lists.I am proud of my lists.And verry protective of them.Dont make fun of, poke, or inaproprtly touch them.
With out them I am nothing.NOTHING. Whoa way to much cocolate.

Having sky+ means that I can watch it over and over again when no one is home! Also I can pause, rewind and fast forward for absolute viewing pleasure. *sigh*

Soooo.You sit in yor living room and watch and rewatch. WP and his hat?And i thougt i was weird :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back