Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

:eek:omgomgomgomg. DEAR!!! All the sudden I'm gonna see it popping up in fanfics everywhere. tehe. He called her dear!!!! :) :) :) I was just like, "would you freaking just kiss now!" Never works no matter how loud I scream, but hell :devil:, he's calling her *DEAR* now. All the sudden he's gonna walk in and we'll hear the word "lovah" rolling off those lips. ;)

"hey lovah how are you?" I'm not so sure he'll go that far, although He's surprised me alot here lately. So he just might go and do that.

I think what was so cool about Grissom calling her *dear* was that it was one of those Grissom initiated things. Like the veggie burger. It seems like most of the comments have been started by Sara, like "first blush," "my boss," "are you volunteering..." Sara is the more open one I guess, so its just great to see Grissom coming out of the shell at work. Sorry, I just got so worked up about that scene that i flipped. Flipping is good. Because when my boyfriend calls me "dear", I flip. :)

Dear? Dear. Oh Dear.

*cough*

My sister is going to slap me one of these days.

They are so cute - almost unbearably so. No, I take that back. Adorable. Totally adorable. I have a one track mind, and today (And yesterday) it's looping "No Dear."

And WP? Edible. Yes, I said edible. As in hand me a spoon, I'm going to DEVOUR that man.

And JF? My God. Never before have I been so attracted to a female character.

Dear. hehe.

So let me get to the point. HE SAID DEAR.

No, really, I have a point. I had the longest day Thursday (work/no sleep...blahblahblah) and by the time I got home at 5pm I was so friggin' tired I didn't even care that CSI was on. *gasp* Yes, that's what I just said. So I set my VCR and went to bed.

Yes at 5pm. Oh shut it. I'd been up for 36 hours.

And at around 7:30 my stomach realized I hadn't eaten in the last 24 of those 36 hours and woke me up. So of course I stayed up - hellllo CSI was coming on.

So I'm sitting there almost sleeping. He says "Dear" and I was so sleepydrunk (how I behave when I'm really tired - it's worse then when I've been drinking. And NO I hadn't been drinking) I started giggling like a fool and just couldn't seem to stop.

I think I missed an entire 10 minutes I was so giddy. *sigh*

And I have to agree with TS (no, not just because I'm a stalker!) that Mrs. Grissom is probably the late Mrs. Grissom. The way he said it - and the fact that the beads were in his desk drawer at work.

How sweet is that? Keeping a piece of mom's memory at work with him? Awwww.

How I wish we could have had Sara meet her first. :(

And Greg didn't heal over night! All bruised and beautiful. Niceness.

Ok, I think I'm done rambling now...

And now I remember why I fell in love with the show in the first place. Double Cross was CSI the way it's supposed to be.

ETA: While I'm here, I'd like to take a moment to pimp my most recent fanfic.

Without Them - We'd Crumble - "Even the ones controlling our destiny have someone controlling theirs. A group called 'The Viewers'"

Since I figure ya'll (yes that's plural, I probably use it more then Nick.) are the most likely to understand my insanity. Check it out. And review...please? And Thank you!

ziggy you're soo BAD, and I'm luving it!!!! :p and it's true, him and his so controlled persona... for the camera's.. :rolleyes: but a tiger elsewhere...and they both looked gorgeous :p and I think WP's done filming all his segements.. till Jan, he'll be doing that theater gig in Rhode Island.. from Nov.-Jan. :( so we'll have to wait for more.. unless the next few have them featured.. :confused: here's a cute pic of them with their other cast mates from 2001...

BILLY..MARG..JOPRJA..GARY

I missed two whole pages. *sigh* This whole moving thing is dominating WAY too much of my time. well, that and obsessive Sims playing. I've just built the Kent farm. They sell fresh produce out of their home.

Anyway, thank you very much to everyone who AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWED at my avatar. Except Adzix, who is clearly a psychotic witch for not liking cats. SICK, I tell you. *snuggles my three kitties*

So Sarah and I are total retards. I don't know if she's already posted this or not... I just kinda skimmed the pages I missed... anyway, we were watching last night and I was whining on and on about how I was bored by the episode, and does Andi from Dawson's Creek look old, and blah blah blah (while Sarah begged me to shut up).. so at THE SCENE I was all like "I don't know why Sara's so insecure over a year into their relationship. This is stupid." And I totally talked right over him calling her 'Dear'. *tragic sigh* We completely missed it. Then when we went online and read everyone going "OMGZ! DEAR!" We were like ...wtf? So we got the scene from GSR.com and watched it 10 or 15 times for penance. It was beautiful. I loved it.

I'm moving tomorrow so I may not be online for a couple days until I get my internet transferred over. I will miss you all.

OH! And Turtle, I missed you! I'm glad you're back :D

Nah, Sarah hasn't posted at all. I was actually just saying to Reebs that it was odd that neither of you had been around - her especially. So I can't believe you missed the 'dear'. Well...actually, I can believe it, to be honest. This is you guys we're talking about. So, um, BURN?

Good luck with the move, and I take full credit for Turtle being back :p (she stalks me now, dontyaknow - and if you look at her post above, you'll see she even admits it)

This season is rockin' so far you guys, seriously. I might even break my must-buy-the-seasons-in-order tradition and buy season 7 when it comes out even if I haven't got 5 and 6 by then. It's just. that. good.

You'll notice in the scene where Gris and Sara were talking about their different religious beliefs, and Sara said how, while she isn't sold on the idea of a higher power, she loves the stories of the saints? That was an excellent throwback to TTtD (where she recognised St Catherine). The continuity fairies are blessing us oh-so-much so far. I'm really intrigued as to what Sara's upbringing re: religion was, though.

A lot of people/children who experience tragedy in their lives can often lose faith because of that, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some element of Christianity in the Sidle household pre-Papa's murder. Then Sara coulda been like "THERE IS NO GOD!" or whatever, hence how she is today.

There's also the theory she was raised around no religion with them (her parents) with the soft canon that they were hippies (doesn't it say something like that on her CBS profile?) and then she found what element of religion she does have (stories of the saints etc.) when she went into foster care, being in certain religious households. Maybe they used said stories to comfort her. Hmm.

I'm in the same boat as Grissom, religion-wise (lapsed Catholic) however, as I was saying to Fogi this morning, I don't actually own any rosary beads or even a crucifix necklace. I may have been given some around the time of my first communion or my confirmation (I think I miiiiiight have) but I certainly don't have them now, as far as I'm aware.

In that, it makes sense that he'd still have a lot of traditional views, despite the fact he doesn't practise the religion itself anymore. Like someone over on another board said - like throwing salt over your shoulder, some rituals are just hard to give up.

Oh, and speaking of rituals? When Grissom mentioned putting a level of intensity into every day rituals or whatever - he was so talking about sex. With Sara.

Yeah. I said it.

Who thinks she's pregnant?

theatresporter said:
I take full credit for Turtle being back :p (she stalks me now, dontyaknow - and if you look at her post above, you'll see she even admits it)

Yeah Yeah, Stalker Smalker. You like it. Just admit it. And yes, I hereby give all credit for my return to TS, and as a side note (and I can't believe I forgot!) Thanks to everyone who welcomed me back! Glad to know I wasn't forgotten.

theatresporter said: Oh, and speaking of rituals? When Grissom mentioned putting a level of intensity into every day rituals or whatever - he was so talking about sex. With Sara.

Yeah. I said it.

Who thinks she's pregnant?

*groans* Who knows - if they've been having as much sex as ya'll think...

And I know they are...

But then again I thought their little eyebabies would be making an appearance around here soon... :D

Sorry to bypass everyones' comments but I might have to run in a second and I just wanted to share my thoughts on the episode:

First, I'm a little disappointed that they seem to be hinting that Mrs. Grissom is dead. An eventual meeting between Sara and her would've been nice.

Second - TOTALLY missed the "dear" on first viewing, but in a weird way, it's almost good. Just how it slipped out naturally like that's what he calls her all of the time. Of course, that could spell trouble for them in the longrun (one can't help but draw parallels with the Hank 'baby' thing)

But the BIG BIG part of the episode? The total parallels with Grissom and Father Frank. When Sara tells him that FF and the Crucified girl had sex, there's this sad knowing smile on his face.

And the way he talks about Frank choosing his work over his love? Definitely. Also when he talks about the eventuality of choosing the other, feeling the father and husband in himself.

So... yeah. I don't think the parallels were accidents.

Ratings came in and CSI got 18 million. Before everyone freaks out, a BIG baseball game was on the same night, and it's well documented that CSI's fans are predominantly male, whereas Grey's are mostly female. Grey's? Slipped by about 2 million viewers as well, which doesn't make sense. It says to me that people are just losing interest. Like I said, not one week has gone by that Grey's hasn't lost viewers. Hopefully when CSI comes back in two weeks, we'll at least see an even ratings split.

Because it would be unfair for CSI to lose ratings in the best season it's had since 4.

ETA

Like Ziggy said, him saying dear really changed the ENTIRE format of the scene. The first time she seems insecure, but with the dear, you sense that they're just in this comfort zone and she's more curious than anything.

Also, my mom said she thought that Sara saying he'd memroized the shrubs was really cute. She says that they're playing the relationship very normal, which is always good.

^LOL it did actually crossed my mind in the scene where Nick is in the office with both of them and when Sara tells them that the vic (or whoever i still havent watched the eppi) is ten weeks pregnant Grissom stares hardcore at Sara...but then again is just me.

I don't want to believe that Sara is pregnant, but Grissom definitely gives a weird look at all of that. More, I think, that it's just a reflection of their relationship he can't shake. It's morally and spiritually wrong for Father Frank, it's against the rules for Grissom. She's someone he's known for a long time, same with FF. He's had to watch her with other men while he kind of tortures himself. That was a BIG part of his "Catholocism" that I thought game through. He and Father Frank definitely seemed to be big on making themselves suffer before finally giving in. And I think Grissom's sad look and the smile may have been the idea that he's sad that FF waited too long, like he could have.

Yeah Yeah, Stalker Smalker. You like it. Just admit it. And yes, I hereby give all credit for my return to TS
Woohoo! But yeah, sure, I like having stalkers. It's like I don't have enough as it is. You guys should really carpool to save on costs.

*groans* Who knows - if they've been having as much sex as ya'll think...

And I know they are...

But then again I thought their little eyebabies would be making an appearance around here soon...
I don't know if I'd like it if she was pregnant. Although it can be a natural progression of a relationship, as much as I'm trusting TPTB at the moment, I don't know I trust them THAT much with such a storyline. It can be hard to pull off well, and I'd hate it if they went all soapy on us. Of course it wouldn't be a situation of "Omg who's the father?" or "Omg the father might dump me and I might be a single mom" - but still. It's difficult.

I was talking to Fogi about it this morning, and she mentioned that it could have been a good way to show how someone in that job would handle the issue of motherhood (can she stay in the job, how would you juggle it, can one cope emotionally with both a child and the things you face in that career every day, etc. etc.) - but we already have that with Catherine, so I'm not sure what Sara's possible pregnancy would/could add to the show, y'know? Unless they used it as a device to write her and Grissom out.

But yes, as to why I wonder about the pregnancy? Not only the looks Sara and Grissom gave each other when pregnancy was mentioned, also with the 'don't ask don't tell' element, as well as Grissom just plain staring at her throughout that scene - but also, when Sara was spraying luminol, she was wearing a mask. Since WHEN has anyone done that? I know they probably should, 'cause it's bad to breathe in that kinda stuff, but they never ever do (okay, they might have done it, like, once. But I can't remember when). If Sara's pregnant, however, she would be wanting to take extra special care with things like that.

Let's just wait and see. We could be reading way too much into these things.

TOTALLY missed the "dear" on first viewing, but in a weird way, it's almost good. Just how it slipped out naturally like that's what he calls her all of the time. Of course, that could spell trouble for them in the longrun (one can't help but draw parallels with the Hank 'baby' thing)
Not necessarily. Sara freaked out over the 'baby' thing, and Hank clearly found it a bit weird, too. Sure it was in front of someone, but still. Anyway, with the 'No, dear' it was totally comfortable and natural and neither of them skipped a beat because of it. I really don't feel it's foreboding in the least. Quite the opposite, actually. As you said:
him saying dear really changed the ENTIRE format of the scene. The first time she seems insecure, but with the dear, you sense that they're just in this comfort zone
Made things better, not worse :)

But the BIG BIG part of the episode? The total parallels with Grissom and Father Frank. When Sara tells him that FF and the Crucified girl had sex, there's this sad knowing smile on his face.

And the way he talks about Frank choosing his work over his love? Definitely. Also when he talks about the eventuality of choosing the other, feeling the father and husband in himself.

So... yeah. I don't think the parallels were accidents.
Totally agreed. And I love that. I also love that the parallels they have in CSI aren't as anvil-ish as those they have on Grey's. I'm not meaning to be mean, because I do really like that show - it's in my top five for certain - but I tend to facepalm a lot when they break out the anvils. It's their major fallback if you ask me. Their snappy dialogue saves them.

it would be unfair for CSI to lose ratings in the best season it's had since 4
This might be too much wishful thinking, but I really think if many of those Grey's viewers just waited 'til Friday at least one week so to see what CSI is up to, they would really be convinced to stay with CBS and leave Grey's til Friday for good. This is really one of the best, best ever seasons of CSI, and as you said, it would be a shame that they didn't do as well in the ratings as they deserve. What they're putting out now deserves the number one spot 3 times more than seasons 5 or 6 did. Even without the GSR.

But yes, as to why I wonder about the pregnancy? Not only the looks Sara and Grissom gave each other when pregnancy was mentioned, also with the 'don't ask don't tell' element, as well as Grissom just plain staring at her throughout that scene - but also, when Sara was spraying luminol, she was wearing a mask.

Yeah, but everyone thought Sara might be pregnant in Gum Drops because she said the print powder was making her ill. Maybe they're just suggesting that Sara's always been somewhat sensitive to the chemicals.

Honestly, who knows? But pregnancy or not, you can't deny the huge parallels in the relationships. It's sort of like yet again, the bad side of what their relationship could've been. Dr. Lurie was what happens when it goes on too early, Father Frank when it's too late.

Judging by the dear, I'd say we don't have to worry about them. There's a real natural chemistry with them - my mom even smiled when she talked about how Sara had flirted with Grissom, and she pretty much finds the storylines on CSI a little dull. But she said she's been enjoying watching them play it out.

Not necessarily. Sara freaked out over the 'baby' thing, and Hank clearly found it a bit weird, too. Sure it was in front of someone, but still. Anyway, with the 'No, dear' it was totally comfortable and natural and neither of them skipped a beat because of it. I really don't feel it's foreboding in the least. Quite the opposite, actually. As you said:

I just meant that it felt like such a natural reflex for him... how easy would it be to slip it out in front of the others?

Oh - turns out that the numbers I read for CSI were exaggerated. It actually got 20.2 million, which was just below its premiere ratings, and the only time it has dipped below its premiere numbers.

Grey's has again slipped.

So, once more - not worried.

In two weeks, we'll have a better idea.

PS - my MSN is acting up.

TOTALLY missed the "dear" on first viewing, but in a weird way, it's almost good. Just how it slipped out naturally like that's what he calls her all of the time. Of course, that could spell trouble for them in the longrun (one can't help but draw parallels with the Hank 'baby' thing)

Yeah, I completely missed it. If I hadn't come here, I never would have known it happened. And not for lack of paying attention. My GSR radar is usually on Defcon 5. I think it was because it was so incredibley natural. I honestly think he adlibbed. We know he has a tendency to do that. But who knows, maybe a simple slip-up from Grissom will indeed be the way everyone finds out...

I hated the 'baby' line so much. It was so friggin' awkward and I think Sara only said it to see how Hank would react. I was embarassed for her. My face turned red. But it wasn't like that with the 'dear' line. There was a certain quality behind it only someone in looove can pull off.

I also definitely got the ad-lib vibe from that line. But you're right - I think the tone of GSR right now is so under the radar because it's not like they're dangling Sara's panties in Sofia's face or something.

It's just two people secure in their relationship. Which is nice.

I mean, my mom also mentioned, when we had our brief car convo about it on the way home from my work, that she (and I agreed) doesn't think they're hiding it so much as they don't think it's necessary to announce it to the world.

There's nothing "sneaky" about their behavior. If anything, they're actually being rather obvious.

I think "baby" was really embarassing because it seemed so forced for Sara. Like she'd gotten used to doing it automatically so she wouldn't have to think about it. And why would anyone at work care if she was dating Hank? Said more that she felt uncomfortable with the relationship than anything else.

I mean, she didn't blush and get awkward when Grissom dropped off the burger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back