Grissom and Sara #36 A Love Story

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sharp52092, Jan 23, 2013.

1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

this article is an older one, published before the series finale, but I wanted to share it again. Jorja talks a bit about GSR and the impact it had on the show. And still has on the fans for that matter.

To me, season 7 was probably the most definitive season for GSR and I just realized that it aired almost 10 years ago. It's so hard to comprehend.

jafox likes this.
  2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

2015-09-23 19.14.07.jpg 2 years...and counting. #Immortality

iluvGrissom and sharp52092 like this.
  3. iluvGrissom

iluvGrissom Victim

Just saw an interview with Billy where he didn't seem happy to find out Grissom married Sara. He said that was never his intention for Grissom, and that he didn't find out until later or after it aired or whatever. I had already seen another interview earlier where he seemed like he had a negative tone when talking about just letting Sara and Grissom sail off into the sunset. Like, it's what the fans want, and at this point why do we care, so just give them what they want. I don't know. I didn't get a great positive feel from him on it, and it made me sad.

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^
    WP supported the GSR storyline, often defended it, and he certainly was involved in all the decision making regarding the relationship while he was on the show. So, he had to be ok with the marriage, as he was there for the proposal. That said, when he left, he left. And to be clear about his intentions, he most definitely had a say in the way Grissom left...with Sara.
    But I don't think he ever intended to return to the show. From what I can tell, he made an appearance in The Two Mrs. Grissoms for Jorja. He was good with continuing the marriage off screen, but had moved on IRL. So, it was up to Jorja and the current ptb to continue it, and they failed...big time. Jorja chose to stay on the show, and they chose to end it. Worst. Decision. Ever.
    As for the finale, I think Billy's not one for cheesy; he prefers subtle, everyday life experience. He said in that interview that if given more time, they may have done it differently. But I do think he wanted Sara and Grissom to end up together, married or not doesn't matter. He came back to reconnect, to finish the story he started, and he did help formulate the end boat scene. No doubt the clichéd sail-off-into-the-sunset was done for the fans, and AZ. But it was a much needed happy ending for this long suffering (15 tv years!) OTP. And it turned out beautifully, imo. And this fan will be eternally grateful. ❤️

ETA: I remember that interview about the marriage. I recall thinking how it was poorly edited; and the 'not what he wanted for Grissom' had more to do with not wanting to return to the show, and not about the marriage. Most interviews about his leaving indicated that he was done being Grissom; he gave him a good ending in his original exit and now wanted to move on. And his interviews around the finale indicated he came back for the fans (so why not please the fans). He most definitely had a say in how his return was done, and specifically, how GSR was handled. And I think, looking back at old interviews, this was the way he and Jorja wanted their story to end.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    iluvGrissom likes this.
  5. iluvGrissom

iluvGrissom Victim

Yes, I was thinking all of that as well, which is why I was surprised and saddened by that interview. I to watch very relieved and overjoyed when she got in that boat and they "sailed oh into the sunset"! We so needed that! At the very least.

6. iluvGrissom

iluvGrissom Victim

^I too was relieved. Don't know how to edit posts here.

7. iluvGrissom

iluvGrissom Victim

^sailed off into the sunset. Dammit!

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

❤️❤️❤️

iluvGrissom likes this.
  9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

6 years later...

iluvGrissom likes this.
  10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

And still relevant...The Story: GSR

iluvGrissom likes this.
  11. iluvGrissom

iluvGrissom Victim

Indeed. All 3 of the above videos! I go to youtube all the time and watch the GSR stuff people have made. So much good stuff! I'm still mad they made them get divorced...esp when I look at these clips. They went thru so much and were finally happy. Even in The 2 Mrs. Grissoms...he's video chatting I Love Yous from afar...next thing we know they're getting divorced. Nope. Just wouldn't happen. It's stupid. But thank you for the clips! I love them so much! <3

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Happy 3 Year Anniversary!
    Never gets old...❤️

sharp52092 likes this.
  13. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

After so many years, 5 years to be exact I came here I never thought my account still active and this thread is still alive. Oh how lovely to remember the first ship i fell in love with, the beginning of everything. The glorious days of CSI & GSR.
    [​IMG]
    [ctto: image not mine]

jafox and sharp52092 like this.
  14. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I SO wish it were more alive, but I'll take what I can get :p watching a good GSR episode never gets old when you're feeling down. Truly a timeless ship

jafox and sharp52092 like this.
  15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

767A1B04-9A27-406B-9728-A3640F83DAD7.jpeg It’s that time of year to celebrate all things #GSR. Happy finale Anniversary. ❤️

JorjaFoxFan likes this.