Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

ali319 did you not read the *spoiler* above you on the final arc, by Billy Petersen? just wondering because he tells it like it is, without giving any thing away here but again~[​IMG]

THEY WILL BE LEAVING TOGETHER SO SAYS WP, and I don't think he'd say something that important unless it were so, and mutiple eps. meaning many doesn't it? for Jorja. going into 9 season and so many of the writers wanting this, as well as the stars themselves, Jorja & Billy the wouldn't ditch it now, what would have been the point? So I'm positive they will leave and maybe come back for special guest appearances, to visit the team

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Huh. What would I ask a TPTB? I'd have two, both for Carol Mendelsohn. 1) Why are your spoilers talking circles around us? 2) Tell me everything slightly important that happens in Season Nine. Please?

:lol:

Seriously, I want every single little detail. GSR-related or not. *starts scheming of ways to corner CM and make her talk... in a legal way*

Countdown, East Coast Style: 9 Days, 23 Hours, 11 Minutes, 35 Seconds

3. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Yeah, but Sara being "involved" could mean lots of things. She could break up with him or get killed by the serial killer and push Grissom over the edge! Seriously, I don't think they're going to do either of those things, but JF herself said that either they'd stay together or they'd break up and she didn't know which. I still think they'll be together in the end ... a really depressing, downbeat storyline isn't going to do anything to keep viewers beyond epi 10 and we've had so much loss already ... and I think it would be hard to have too much angst without going soapy-y, which TPTB have vowed not to do.
    We spend more time worrying over this than the writers spend writing it. The season needs to start so we at least have something to talk about, rather than this endless speculation!

Ali

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I know how you feel. It's hard to keep threads active, especially ones that haven't even had any spoilers to munch on.

I see your point, ali, and what you're saying is very true. There are a number of ways that Sara could be involved. That's the problem with spoilers- they can be taken many different ways. Fortunately, we're all optimists, but I wouldn't put it past TPTB to do something drastic and painful.

5. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

TPTB love to bother all fans! Get's 'em talkin' and worrying!
    I am feeling hopeful/worried/sad and excited about the premier all at the same time.
    GSR will be ok, I am just worried about the 'in between' times before Grissom leaves. Rambo (in my interview with him), said that Lady Heather is for Grissom to talk to about things. EVEN Sara. So, that is sounding interesting to me.
    On another note:
    To our MODS. I hope you will all accept my appologies for being rude and/or against the rules. Not realizing how hard it actually is to run a site until recently, I didn't really care about the rules and found them silly. That is no longer the case. While in general, I find that us GSRers are often picked on more than others, I know that you all are doing your job and doing it well. If you have any problems with me in the future, it will be a total accident!:guffaw:
    Here's hoping our GSR is heatlhy and happy (yes, I know, but grieving) and will leave the show together.
    Good morning everyone, and have a super day!

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Ah yes, the in between episodes; my answer to that is just not to watch. I'm sorry, but the angst is unnecessary. If Sara leaves again, for me the joy of watching goes with her. At this point they either love each other enough to make sacrifices, or they don't. Couples do this everyday. Waiting 8 years plus 10 more episodes to find out is just beyond reason.
    I will never again get invested in a fictional relationship as I am with GSR. Yes, I know, it's my own fault; but tptb could and should have done things differently IMO. They have pretty much played this for all it's worth. And it is definitely my final ship.
    I hope you're right, Piper, and things will be ok finally for Grissom and Sara; but my confidence in tptb has diminished over time. I'm just not convinced that they will do this storyline justice in the end.

7. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

agree with you ,bolding mind ;):thumbsup::bolian:
    I don´t know why but i have the bitter sensation that in the media and someone screenwriter(mendelshon:rolleyes: ..)the GSR is only the rest of the show not ON the show.we have a lot of questions about the relationship and only have 3 more or less episode to know a little more or i hope this because we know more about the life of...Lindsay willows(cath drama) that two characters of CSI.

who are ready to the TVGuide cover of november?, i don´t :rolleyes:

Piper & Desert good luck in the wiki:beer:

i am not pessimist i am tired, sorry:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  8. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I'm with you on the "no more ships" rule, jtd! And while I have a tendency to be a little pessimistic (mostly because I hate being disappointed), I think that the fact that the show is continuing past 9.10 is to our benefit. If this was the last season and we were down to the last eps, I would be much more nervous. But WP is an EP and, let's face it, he has a financial interest in addition to whatever he's invested personally in the show to having it go on. Doing something really sad at the end is going to make it harder for anyone who has been a Grissom or GSR fan to continue watching after he leaves. No one involved wants a downward spiral, and they've already had 2 very sad departures. I think Grissom's will be more hopeful and I can't fathom how they would have Grissom leave happily all alone, given what's been put into developing GSR over the years.

And if Sara's departure after 9.2 is angsty, I will probably just DVR the eps and watch them after reading the boards, if it looks like they're something I'd want to see. Because for me, watching any show should be entertaining ... not depressing.

Ali

9. PiperGrissom

I have said that I won't get into a show like I have CSI again. I can't! Don't have time. LOL! I will keep the GSR site and the Billy site, but after eppy 10, I'm done. I will watch til then, EVEN if TPTB make me mad. GSR should be fine, it'd be stupid to end it. I feel pretty good about happily ever after.:thumbsup:

10. Desertwind

I'm still a total optimist on GSR, Too many hints and clues for it not to have a happy ending, words by WP and Jorja, that make me think all is well, and on Jojra returning for "mutiple epsiodes" why" not just "For Warrick" it that were the case, then one time and PFFFT, gone again,:wtf: and when he leaves I'm confident that she goes with him, and I was a bit, OK alot perturbed by the new TV Guide and the cover, and the interview with Billy & Marg. they both look sensational, but no mention of GSR, or the team, just them:wtf: I would have perfered the whole cast on the cover, beings it's the last time they'll all be together, but my daughter pointed out that "SEX SELLS" and they are after all, the big stars on CSI", and that it'll go through the roof in sales. Their not dummies:evil:remember he said "sex wihout love, makes one sad" and Cath said "go after her" and on and on, if in fact if the TPTB, disapoint us in this, I'm done.. but I'm trying to keep everything I've heard and seen for 8 years at the top of my thinking[​IMG][​IMG]

11. PiperGrissom

Me too, Desert!!!
    I am sure it's going to "end" great. IT BETTER!!!!!
    So, what are some thoughts on how they will leave?
    Maybe Grissom has finally had enough of it too and wants to live life with Sara and the geekbaby? Maybe they have been planning his leaving for a while? Maybe he gets fired? (No, that won't happen) Maybe he gets that teaching job? Maybe Sara is teaching too! I can't hardly wait to find out!

12. Desertwind

That's a good question, on how will he and she will leave? wow, I wished I could be a fly on the wall in the writers room, and buzz it through to all of you. Maybe back to San Francisco, where it all started, maybe go to the rain forest he mentioned to her in 'TOYD' or they both could teach or at least him, while she tended the babies, and Hank./Bruno:lol: I think down the line they'll both return to see the team and visit with them eventually. Time will tell on all of this, won't it:confused:

TOYD[​IMG]

13. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

except he said if he knew he was going to die he'd go back to the rain forest one more time, so i don't really want that scenario :lol:
    i hope he just goes back to teaching...isn't that how Sara and him first met? he taught her? i think there would be some irony in that.
    I'm still not 100% on board with the baby idea..it just doesn't seem very them so right now i'm only about...85% for it so i, right now, don't want that situation being the reason behind his exit

but i don't want an exit! so i'm being meticulously picky. :rolleyes:

only 8 DAYS, 14 HOURS, and 5 MINUTES! (Mountain/Pacific time)

14. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I think they'll come up with something we don't expect. My first thought when I heard he was leaving was that they would pick back up with the bee thing, which I always thought was such a fun, quirky, Grissom-like thing to obsess over. But that's probably too obvious.

As I posted on the season 9 spoilers board, my wish for the end of epi 10 is that I am sad - which I will be, because I will miss seeing Grissom on a weekly basis - but smiling. Sara and Warrick's departures, while well done, felt really tragic and I'm ready for a happier ending. I mean, if they're gonna emotionally or physically crush every CSI who leaves, I need to stop watching now!

And I will be shocked if they do a baby storyline. I'm not for or against it, necessarily, but with
    Lindsay being pg on CSI:NY
    I think it's even less likely than it was before.

JFF, you make a good point, and when WP left in season 7 he talked about how Grissom was returning to his first love (teaching) while Billy returned to his first love (theater). I think there would be a nice symmetry in having Grissom go back to teaching while Billy returns, again, to theater.

Ali

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  15. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

HELLO! Birthday is on Sunday, the 5th, I'm going to feel so special!

And we love you for coming out of the wood works!

Piper and desert, THANK YOU FOR BEING POSITIVE!

I haven't read any of the spoilers (woot for team Spoiler free! welcome to whoever joined late) but I know for a fact that about a zillion people would kill TPTB if GSR ended, I've always seen it as someone they've earned and deserved! We had so many years of angst with the two of them that finally blossomed into something! TPTB would not throw it away! Sara and Grissom deserve a happy ending!

Unfortunately, I am against a geek baby, unless, of course, TPTB find an amazing way to pull it off! It just seems very OC to me for those two characters. But that's just me, don't flame me!

And I will continue to love GSR and CSI as long as I live and will most probably continue to watch it even with the new cast, depends on how well they gel though... But it's CSI!!!!!

I love both Grissom and Sara and I don't think their leaving will be sad, we are sick and tired of angst! And as someone said earlier, 'IT BETTER!'

Gosh, I seriously want some relief to all this speculation! Who's with me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.