Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

That was an interesting little moment, wasn't it? My read on that scene was that when she first looked at him, she was looking at him as her partner and wanting to talk with him. The glance down at the nameplate reminded her of the fact that they were at work and he was in supervisor mode and that discouraged her from initiating a conversation that was probably more personal in nature. I think this just added to her growing sense of desperation. I have a hard time watching that epi but I've seen it more than once, simply because what JF is able to convey without saying a word is absolutely amazing. By the time I get to the end of GBaGL, I can feel that sense of drowning and desperation so strongly that I almost need to hop in a cab and get the hell out of dodge, too.

Ali

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That would be so sweet, I like that, and what we've seem in in the epsiode where he wrote the 'love letter' while he was on his sabbatical we see that Grissom does have a soft, romantic, deep loving side, so anything's possible. And how about a candlelit dinner and dancing? and can you all see Grissom dancing:lol: and how about Sara, that's a side of them that the fans haven't seen:wtf:

THE LETTER

DANCING

3. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

*runs away and hides* Do not kill me! I know I have been a bad GSR fan because I haven't been here...

Anyways, please just don't throw anything at me. :)

Hello, yes, GSR fan with way too much homework here..

NEVADA ROSE, the book, if anyone else has read it, you shoud know what I'm talking about, if you haven't read it, you should. It is the ultimate GSR CSI: NOVEL, this guy writes this CSI novel in a way that any GSR fanfic writer would be jealous of. Gosh, I love him! Anyways, read it, it's cute, it'll have any decent GSR fan jumping off the wall and is the perfect thing to get you through the long wait!

I WANT GSR AND CSI!

I cried my eyes out in Goodbye and Good Luck and will cry my eyes out again when I watch it again...

Season 8 is my favourite, but I don't think it's good for my health because I'll always be stressing out when I'm watching the episodes, it's either, Sara's trapped under a car or Sara's going to be leaving or Grissom and Sara are no longer working together or Sara IS leaving or Sara isn't there and now nothing in the world is worth it anymore.

I think I might have a GSR obsession...

Anyways, I am here with all of you all the way!

Except not until next month right now.... Because I'm off to Cape Town (this is classic, I'm going to be at the beach and it will be freezing cold)

GSR ROCKS!

PS: The letter makes me cry.... Who else shares in my weakness?

4. Desertwind

Welcome back SA_Kate937 long time no hear from, and that book sounds awesome, and yes the letter is a real tear jerker, one of Grissoms special romantic gestures:drool: who knew, it'll be interesting to see how they inter-act when reunite, and it's only 3 week's off finally, what a long hot summer this has been, Oct.9 hurry up:shifty:

GOOD MORNING

5. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Hey you guys I am back and GSR happy and excited. You guys she is in the first episode. You guys don't know how much that means to me. They have a big GSR moment there that no ship can turn down. They are definately an offical couple. So it is said that it comes out OCt 9, can't it be cany closer. You guys, I was crying until Isaw their scene. At first I wasn't sure if that was in my mind, so I had to rewind it. You guys she's back. I could jump up for joy right now, I am so happy. I have to go finish homework, but I can definately tell you that if I come close to finishing homework, I will come on tomorrow.

6. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I think I'm a little nervous about this season and whether or not TPTB can wrap up everything in the best manner possible regarding Gil and Sara. I think they've done a really good job up to this point. Though there have been moments in the past that I did not fully agree with, and some (in my opinion) missed opportunities... Overall, I think our last impression of the two in 8x12 with Gil answering the phone to (who else but) Sara was a great one leading into this season.

And what we've seen from season 9 is very encouraging. I'm just worried about what's been said in some interviews regarding our opinions of the characters being challenged. While I do think it's very possible to take quotes out of proportion and context and make them mean something completely contrary to what was really intended, I still have a queasy feeling about how it'll all come together this year.

And, with that, I'm going to warn you all that I'm not going to be here nearly as much. I've tried making a clean break, but that hasn't yet worked since I've been in the habits of coming here for four years. So, feel free to PM me to find out more about why I'm going. I don't want to clutter the thread with it, but I didn't want to disappear without warning either.

Cheers, Gutterflies!

7. Desertwind

I feel that every thing is completely cool and copious with GSR, and nothing will change only escalate, after seeing this couple for going on 9 years, I dont think TPTB, would throw a wrench in or on it now, what would have been the point all this time:confused:and, don't forget to watch the EMMYS tonight, Billy will be a presenter, with Laurence Fishburne the new guy, and Jorja possibly will attend, it sucks that neither one were nominated for an EMMY, or the rest of the cast as usual,:klingon: but it's an exciting event regardless, just to see who's there:cool:

BILLY, JORJA AND CAST MEMBERS

8. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

heey all. whew..our posts on here are becoming excessively repetitive aren't they? we need some new information!! this is getting crazy we are so close to the premiere but not quite there yet, it's driving me bonkers! :lol:

so to keep myself from attacking the television (mostly every time the promo comes on) i was watching most of the eps from S/5 and 6 (it was a quiet weekend :shifty:) but i really began to notice something that i didn't pay much regards to before...i think Sofia was actually in love with Grissom..through out the time she comes onto the team to the time she leaves, she's flirting with him and Sara gets really b*tchy towards her every time she asks for Grissom or is with him, there was a big scene for this in Secrets and Flies, S/6.

but this just goes to show, yet again, that Grissom chose Sara over two very beautiful temptations :thumbsup:this gives me waaay more hope going into S/9.

might-as-well...
    18 day's, 1 hour, 26 minutes :brickwall:

9. Desertwind

I'm not sure that Sofia was "in love" with Grissom, she was of course attracted to him, who isn't? but they never had any kind of intereaction, in 'Formalities" perhaps, but she was flirting with him not him with her, don't ya' think? except when Ecklie was 3rd degreeing him and her, and she did stick up for him, and when he said "lets have dinner" I think it was to 3rd degree her about Ecklie or something to do with a case, & that never was shown, if they did or not! But at that time he and Sara were already in their relationship, and watching him through 8 years he's not the cheating type:rolleyes: he told Sara in "Ending Happy" "sex without love makes one sad" and where did Sofia go:wtf: here's a couple of photos of Billy and Jorja at a Emmy party and at the EMMYS, from last night. I don't know if Jorja was there, but she was at a party on Sat.

PRE-EMMY PARTY

EMMYS[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  10. JorjaFoxFan

no, no i worded that poorly. i never intended to imply that Grissom returned the feelings, we all know he's not that type :thumbsup:
    that's why i find it so amusing, because him and Sara are already in a loving relationship, and the jealous stares that Sofia always gets from Sara's direction :lol: but the fact that she can't actually say anything.

i really hoped that last night when WP and LF were presenting the EMMY that after WP said his little speel about "...i'm now glad to pass the keys of the lab to Laurence Fishburne, a friend..." that they would show the cast of CSI. but i was sorely mistaken :(
    but it was still a great show. i thought i remembered CSI being nominated for something though?? maybe not...or i missed it!
    there should be a "Best on-screen Romance" EMMY.
    GSR hands down. ;)

11. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

Hi ya’ll ladies, how are you?
    ^Desertwind that photo of LF & WP is so contrasting, so orange and black?! :) I still cannot picture him as csi, I just have to wait & see.

There isn’t much to talk about the future of gsr until we saw the premiere, I am finding myself reading back threads where gsr is still on its way to greatness (?!?) while watching my csi reruns.
    And back on the days when (gsr) fans thought Sofia is a threat to the relationship, you would know how it feels. LOL, can you imagine in WTG if Sofia would come out from the bathroom instead of Sara? :lol:
    Still your heart leaps a thousand fold of not knowing what could happen in the future. The unknown, the excitement, the uncertainties of life befall upon you and you just take it. Like in this new chapter (season 9) of our gsr, we are anxiously waiting how it would turn out in the end, how the ‘official’ would play out the character.
    Maybe I am seeing the show divided into two settings; csi –the science and csi – the gsr. I delved more into the latter so I guess we would unanimously come all the way until it will close the door. Never say never!

Seasons 4/5/6 = CSI/GSR. I had fun watching over and again. I kinda halted after WTG episode. You would want this scene to stays with you as long as it takes.

Prior to that, the dueling scene.

*hah! still can’t stop smiling here*

GSR... Back w/ a Passion! :thumbsup:

12. JorjaFoxFan

I love season 4/5/6, they were quite possibly my favorite, if you watch a couple episodes from each you can really tell that Sara changed through those seasons and maybe it's just because i know it's there, but you can tell that she's...anxious? i don't know the right word for it, but you can tell that there's something there for Grissom and in S/4/5 you can also tell that the writers are very undecided :borg: I
    x3nity, those pictures rock :thumbsup:I do love that episode. this sounds so sentimental but every time i watch it, it really does take me back, to when we weren't worrying about "omg, is Sara going to leave?" "Grissom's leaving?" "is Sara alive?" i miss season 7 so much...it was kind of the last little tid bit of GSR that we got for a full season :( i really wish that they could stick out another season, both of them. in that Jorja interview at the pre-EMMY party she said that she was considering doing TV again (along with feature films, she was undecided. but i would love to see another Jorja show..i would watch but it really couldn't compare to CSI, she made GSR come alive. and i really don't think that she would feel right about doing another show while CSI was still on air. they're going into a 10th season right? i think i remember some of the cast (George, Marg) being on 2 year contracts? :confused:

Desertwind, that picture of WP and LF is amazing. when LF walked onto the stage, i fell in love with his jacket :guffaw:but it's a great pic, angled just right :thumbsup:

might as well add a countdown, we haven't heard from Seattle..? was that who used to post it? in a while :(

16 days, 13 hours, 57 minutes. we're getting closer, no?

13. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I actually find season 4 very difficult to watch because it's so clear that Sara is unraveling. She is downright unlikable in some of them (her attitude in Invisible Evidence is so bad and really so out of character.) I appreciated that the writers and the actress took that risk ... we all go through periods where we are not "ourselves" and I think most shows shy away from depicting that. So I guess what I'm saying is that I think season 4 is artistically well done and admirable, but not terribly pleasant for me to sit through.

And I have to say that seeing LF and WP together onstage didn't do it for me. The two of them together just seemed ... wrong ... I don't know how to explain it. I'm really glad they aren't trying to have LF take over as supervisor. I still have faith that they'll do something interesting with the character and I hope I continue to enjoy the show ... something about seeing them side-by-side just rubbed me the wrong way. Irrational, I know.

Ali

14. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

Yah my dear JorjaFoxFan, I agree with you seasons 4/5/6. It was as if a character development (sara), or GSR the center of the show and not the ‘science’ the center of the show, which supposed to be this all about. :p

(*But then again, this is from the mind of a gsr fan so we tend to be bias, ahehem*) Just kidding, I take it IMHO.
    Seasons 1-2, Sara making an effort to Grissom then she had a Hank. Throughout S3, feelings unreciprocated, I could not feel Grissom for her. Then in S4 Sara struggles, felt like she was a lost soul. There was the career issue, the Catherine issue (Ecklie issue?) and Grissom was still that “he’s near yet seem so far” person, (or maybe he is struggling by himself also?). Reality check he is the supervisor, so it’s not a good idea to be involved. Come S5, I see the “stop” sign for chasing and better off for the professional relationship to leave that way. I somehow kinda see that the rational Sara in her accepted Sofia in the picture (being in the team).
    When she finally decided to let go of this infatuation, and maybe Grissom felt she’s slipping away from him, then what? He realized that it’s not what he wanted and fear she would go from his life forever so he took the risk? I guess somewhere in S6, the GSR erupted, the relationship built in slowly. Remember that supposed to be “hotel scene” in Gum Drops? Or prior to that, in 6x03 (Bite Me) ‘suffocating each other’ scene (Sara: You know you don't have to sleep in the same bed together to have sex or...have romance). The look to each other, maybe a hint that there’s something going on that we don’t know about? Also, in 6x11 (Werewolves), Sofia is waiting for Sara by the phone booth to process the scene. Sara is late!? Isn’t she a workaholic csi and here she was late? I wonder why & where she comes from. (yay!) And then we have to wait until Brass was shot to finally reveal the relationship and GSR becomes official. And the world stops spinning (there for a moment for me) Wonderful! Loved. Christmas. Wishful.

Wish that theirs remain that way. (CSI the end after WTG ;)). Wish to hold this moment forever in our mind. S7 felt like security to us but it also give us tragedy in season ender (courtesy of Natalie) and goodbye in S8 (c/o Hannah).

SO guys, what do you wish for the GSR? Continue the journey.
    *maybe this question would keep up till we got something new to talk about.*

--------------
    I think it was Bengali (*uhmm, miss the chocolate chocolate chip cookies*) doing the countdown. And thanks for doing that now, you are sweet. *hugs & kisses*
    --------------
    Keeping the faith Ali & fellow GSR'ers.
    ;):luvlove:;)

15. Desertwind

Hi everybody and your welcome for the photos of the EMMYS, Billy looks so cheerful and LF doesn't:confused:maybe he's not comfortable at award shows. And on their relationship, I always thought that the ones you all mentioned we're where we saw them change, and could see the strong camraderie, between them, and I know this is probably fanatical, but on the "romance" taking over the show, the moments they had together, were all of 15-30 seconds I finally timed them after hearing 'other fans' rant about that issue, and in an hour show that time limit hardly takes over an hour show:shifty:did you all read todays news on Billy and Jorja, on how she didn't know the ending, of them because the haven't filmed it yey [go read it] anyway, there isn't much to talk about till Oct. 9 but Oh boy, won't that be spectatcular, to see them back together again?

Some special moments from past episodes[​IMG]

HE FASCINATES ME

SHE FASCINATES ME

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.