Grey's Anatomy #2 ~ The McThread, Seriously!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, Feb 13, 2007.

1. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

I really really hope they don't go down the romance route with George & Lexie. The way I see it, they have the potential to be George & Izzie before TPTB screwed that up by putting them together romantically. Learn from your mistakes, writers!

MerDer. Must we go with this again? I thought the candle house thing was a little cheesy. But then that might just be because I'm not a MerDer fan. Either way though, they're just gonna end up breaking up and making up six more times before the series ends, so I didn't see the finality of it that a lot of people did.

Loved the Alex/Izzie stuff! I thought it was great that she pushed him to accept that he couldn't help Rebecca. Alex and Rebecca were like her and Denny, and so she used what she learnt from that to help him. He helped her with Denny, and now it's her turn. I thought it came full circle and was nice. Can't wait to see what happens with them next season.

2. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I don't know about you guys but I thought last nights premiere was funny. Christina getting impaled with a icicle and then having her interns try to help her, LOL. And the Military guy and Christina, they seem to dig each other. Hahn and Callie's looks at each other...priceless. And Lexie smelling George eveytime he passes her. I swear it was a comedy last night. Anyone else watch?

Edit: Gosh forgot about the daydream of "old" Christina and Merideth still bickering.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

ok so the premier was soo bad but i think it could have come back with a bigger bang than it did. the stories were so-so and everyone still has the same old annoying problems and issues and they're still bitching about them instead of fixing them.

loved Hunt and Cristina!! that was the best part, they are so made for each other it's ridiculous. they're both tough as nails and love action. i cannot wait for him to come back and shake Cristina up some more. the whole thing with her getting impaled was so stupid, kinda funny but stupid.

Meredith, where oh were to begin with Meredith. as much as i love the character to no end she just needs to get herself togther so bad and stop complaining and being so unsure of herself. there comes a point where she can't blame her mother anymore for her problems and i think that time in now. i feel that if Meredith really trully loved Derek than she wouldn't be so afraid and unsure to make a committment to him.

Cristina and Meredith as old ladies living together..... hysterical and awkward.

the more i see of Lexie the more i love the character. she is such a great comic relief with her uneasiness and dorkiness. i hope she can get her feelings about George out to him, i think they're so perfect for each other.

McSteamy was funny with Lexie he knew what was going on with her.

i really liked how the hospital was put into the number 12 spot. this will make everyone step up their game as doctors and maybe have all the relationship drama put on the side for a while. this could be really good for the show and the characters i'm looking forward to how this will all work out.

4. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

^it was THAT bad?! omg. I was going to watch it now. And from what I saw from the promos, it looked promising to me. But nothing is the same since Addison is gone. I think I'll watch the premiere anyway :D

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I didn't think the premier was bad, I thought it was really good! The icicle thing freaked me out, I was like they better not be killing of Christina! I really like that character. It was great not to see any George and Izzie. I'm really starting to like Lexie now too. And I love the new guy, Hunt. I used to watch him on Rome and loved him on there. Can't wait to see more! Why isn't it on this week though?

6. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I didnt think it was bad although it wasnt as interesting as the finale last season.

I loved the Hunt/Cristina interaction. and Erica nad Callie, it was very sweet and believable. MerDer - she was freaking out because thats what she does and it was nice to see that he could accept it. I didnt like the chef in this one, I think i missed on the whys in his case. Lexie is rapidly becoming my favorite character. she and George would made such a lovely couple but I hope they takle it slow, he needs to be alone for a while

the let down for me was the way they handled the Alex/Izzie thing. it was so sweet how caring he was and I was so glad for them to build a friendship again and then one innocent comment sets of soemthing like this? I couldnt believe my eyes and ears. I felt like was seeing a completly different character. he was acting as even a bigger asshole then ever before. why he has no problem in showing who he is to anyone but Izzie. and she should know better then that. I think they have both a long way to go before they can be together

and WTF was with Denny? did we really needed to revisit THAT part again? I for one definitely didnt

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I agree, what was the point of that? The whole scene was just stupid. I don't ever need to see Denny again or hear Izzie talk about him.

8. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I haven't watched much of Grey's up til now, but I think you all ought to know you'll be getting a large influx of fans about mid-season,
    when McSteamy and McDreamy are joined (for a multi episode arc) by McDonnell (Mary McDonnell, Battlestar Galactica's President Laura Roslin). We Roslin fans are planning our viewing parties and have only one request, well, maybe two: NO DYING by said McD, and could she please get a little lovin' (we hear your guys at GA are good at that), because it's been stark and lonely out there since the cylons frakked things up.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  9. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

oops in my last post i didn't mean to say the Grey's premier was "so bad" i meant to say it wasn't that bad. it wasn't really but it could have come back a bit stronger.

don't know if anyone has read this yet but "Alias" baddie Melissa George is signed on to be a guest star and her role is as someone that may come b/t Callie and Hahn. i'm looking forward to seeing MG on the show i loved her on "Alias" when she went bad and i think she's a great actress as well.

10. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I'm afraid I have to admit I'm not really happy with Grey's Anatomy right now. It's getting boring. Luckily two things were a pleasant surprise for me so I keep watching the show. The first surprise was Hunt. Someone new, shiny and interesting is just what the show needs. Let's hope that as a result of this Christina will be a fun character again. The second one was Hahn and Callie admitting to each other that what happened between them needs to be explored. I feared for awkward drama but it was a really nice and mature conversation with a touch of humor. Virgins! :lol:

11. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

i am almost done watching it and I am pretty bored with it. I expected more from it. I was glad to see Christina telling Meredith to shut up. That was unexpected and made me smile.

12. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I thought I was at work with this episode with the chief implementing the new rules, switching things up. I liked the whole story with the guy who was having bad luck and then during surgery the ceiling collapses and then the surgeons have to explore the abdomin and find out that he had pancerotic cancer but got it all removed. Was it just me or did George look a robot last night even his movements were ridged?

13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

It was a pretty good episode. I get sick of the Mer/Der thing though. I really like Christina, hoping to see Hunt back soon! I liked the storyline of the unlucky guy having the ceiling collapse during his surgery and then they found the cancer but got it early. I had precancerous tissue that was removed by accident but it was a good thing I found out so that was cool. Yea, George was just weirder than normal last night. I like the Callie and Hahn story for some reason. And Sloan just cracks me up. I'm really liking Grey's sister too, can't recall her name at the moment.

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Christina finding Dermatology and becoming entranced in it was amusing to me and then she drags in Mer and teaches her to do that surgery on a heart. And then Izzie joins but then George comes and pulls them back into reality.

Callie and Bailey and that conversation about Callie and Erica. That look on Bailey's face--priceless.

15. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Did anyone else laugh when Callie asked Mark to show her how "its" done down there? I am started to like that storyline with Callie/Hahn.

I also think that Derick should have included Merideth in the article, I know he is pompous but come on. She pushed for the surgery to be done and that was the one that succeeded and got him the article. He could at least have mentioned her for moral support or something but I suppose that would have made him weak.