Grey's Anatomy #2 ~ The McThread, Seriously!

There are some people on several boards out there writing some hateful things about Isaiah Washington--things that I think are 100 times more hateful than the slur he made about TR Knight. The fact that ABC is unwilling to forgive someone who admitted they made a mistake and took deliberate steps to change himself and his behavior is very disappointing to me on so many levels, but I'm even more disappointed in many Grey's Anatomy fans that somehow seem to think that this is justice. It isn't.

Isaiah Washington took a beating in the court of public opinion which he brought on himself with his actions. He owned up to it though, he did take real steps to make amends, but in the end he got fired. This is no different than what happened with Don Imus and his remarks about Rutgers Women's basketball players. Both were fired, but I do not think the firings were necessary.

Usually in most jobs, someone that did that sort of thing would have been given written warnings or suspensions without pay and would have had to go to sensitivity training. They wouldn't be fired outright. While most of the time, it seems that public figures don't get the same punishment as average joes, this is the case of public figures getting more punishment than average joes and that isn't fair either. I was angry about Imus and about IW, but when they did make efforts to make amends and change their behavior, there was reason to let them keep their jobs and watch their actions to see if these changes were genuine.

Firing them accomplishes nothing more than continuing the hate and making it grow. It also basically tells society that anyone that is offended at anything that you say or do can get you fired. That's just as wrong as allowing someone to use slurs casually and without taking steps to stop it.

I don't hate Isaiah Washington, but I never cared for the character he played and I'm glad to see him leave. As for what he did, yes he owned up to it but not at first. At the awards ceremony he got up to the mic and said "I did not call T.R a *****" which was really wrong to do at the awards. Now there he denied it and that was like the 2nd time he denied it publically. The thing is not only did T.R. hear him say it but so did Patrick Dempsy and a lot of the other people on the set. In fact, him and Patrick got into a fight over it, so for him to deny saying it at all was like calling his cast mates liars. So maybe in the end he did own up to it, but not at first which I feel was very wrong. It makes me feel like the only reason he did the classes and the public service announcement was because he feared for his job and it wasn't until GLAD got involved with it that he did it. I don't believe he's sorry for it and if you put the shoe on the other foot and say T.R. would have called him the N word I'm sure T.R. would have been gone so fast we wouldn't even remember he was on the show. JMO

Spoiler time again! :D

Actor Richard Keith will be playing intern Mitch Greenberg. // We have some inside scoop on the new Grey's Anatomy interns who will be descending on Seattle Grace this season. Of course, we all know about Lexie played by Chyler Leigh (who will be a regular cast member this season). But what about the other newbie interns? Claire will be played by Tymberlee Chanel who is a relatively unknown newcomer to television save for two guest roles. The first was on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation this year and Numb3rs. Graciella is played by Gloria Garayua. She has had some guest starring roles in Cold Case, the ill-received 3 Lbs., Strong Medicine, Joey, Six Feet Under and others. Leo has had plenty of guest starring television roles as well, such as Dexter, That '70s Show, The X-Files and Sabrina, The Teenage Witch. But also a relative newcomer to the scene. As you may have noticed, these aren't the interns who were in the last episode of the last season! Those interns were played by Ajay Vidure, Candice Afia, Artie O'Daly and Joseph Williamson. No word if they will be showing up this season as well or not. We have also been told that one of the interns is going to try and pull a Cristina/Meredith and hook up with one of the McDoctors. // Two new interns will be introduced in the season premiere (three if you include Lexie). And they'll have their hands full when a three-car accident sends multiple casualties pouring into Seattle Grace. // Expect changes to occur in the season premiere as the title is "A Change Is Gonna Come." The premiere will see new interns enter the medical world. One, who is supposed to be named Thomson, helps deliver a baby on the interns' first day on the job. Grey's Anatomy episodes would not be the same without a wacky case. In this episode, the wacky case is that of a young boy bringing his bleeding female raccoon pet to the hospital in the hope a doctor will save her. // Clara, who is with her two young children, discuss the status of her husband Henry with one of the doctors. Henry has suffered extremely traumatic injuries during a car accident. The doctor says that the only thing holding Henry's head to his body is skin and muscle and that he will surely died very soon, even with surgery. A boy brings a near-dead racoon to Seattle Grace in the hope they will be able to save it. His father wants his son to grow up and stop living in a make-believe world. Some of the doctors need to deal with new stressed out interns. One of the interns will help deliver a baby.

Doctors will treat various patients who were injured in an apartment complex fire, including the woman who set it after falling asleep while smoking, in the second episode of the new season. // Another Broadway star will join Sara Ramirez and Chandra Wilson on Grey's Anatomy this fall. Tony winner Ben Vereen will make an appearance in the second episode of Season [4] as a patient at Seattle Grace. "I was exposed to a fire in my apartment and I come in as a burn victim," Vereen tells TV Guide.com. "I'm a wise, old guy who is the neighbor of a family he's adopted who has a terrible misfortune." Vereen's character discovers that his surrogate family ran a drug laboratory at home when they all wind up in the hospital after an explosion. "He's crushed because he's a very lonely man," says the actor. "Mark and Izzie are taking care of him and Callie comes in so I deal with those characters." // A woman, Marla, wakes up in the hospital not knowing how and why she got there. It turns out that Marla fell asleep with a cigarette in her hand, starting a fire in her living room. Marla sustained injuries to her abdomen. Her husband is okay but her son suffered extensive burns. There are also other patients in the hospital who were affected by the fire Marla set. One patient warns a female doctor to start to date in order to not end up alone at 70 like he is. Another burn patient panics while at the hospital and admits that the life he is now living is not what he wanted. // The show is currently looking for a male in his 50s to play an older doctor. The ladies replacing Kristin from E! this week scooped me on this earlier. They were able to learn that it would be a recurring character.

The doctor who examines Henry after he collapsed thinks that something is wrong with his brain. He asked that another doctor be paged (Derek?) but the latter is in surgery. // In episode 4.03, a mother, Marcy, brings her 15-year-old son Henry to the hospital because she suspects his change in behavior may be due to drugs. When the test results show that Henry is not on drugs, the doctor working the case tries to reassure Marcy by telling her he is going through adolescence. But things go awry when the teen starts to speak nonsense and collapses. A patient named Connie is in for surgery to remove a cancer in her vocal chords. Before the operation, she tells two of her best friends stuff she has on her mind since it may be the last time she'll talk. What she has to say is not pretty (your breath stinks, you look fat in those pants, etc.). When she comes back from surgery, her friends decide to return the "favor" and tell Connie that she has terrible taste in men. Not to worry, all friends will kiss and make up!

Episode 4.04: The Heart of the Matter]In episode 4.04, one of the case of the week is that of Adam, a teen soccer player who seems to have wanted to quit playing for a while. The boy was injured during a game and his father says that he could have avoided the injury if he was a better player! The doctor tells them that in order for Adam to walk again, he'll have to undergo a risky procedure. // 18-year-old Courtney learns that her cancer has came back and is getting worse. She is told of the options opened to her but she wants none of them. She wants to go back home and die there. Elsewhere, a woman who was told she was terminal and decided to end everything in her life (break up with her boyfriend, get rid of her possessions, quit her job) learns that she will live after all. A woman named Ruthie comes to the ER because of an injured foot. The doctor learns that Ruthie has been on an extreme regime and training in order to lose 40 pounds. Ruthie and her fiancé Will admit that they agreed to get married when Ruthie lost 40 pounds. In exchange for the sacrifice, Will would quit smoking. The doctor tells the couple that, besides the foot injury, Ruthie has two other fractures. In order for the repairs to hold and recovery to be faster, she will need to eat. After vomiting, she is brought in surgery. Later, the doctor finds Will smoking. He says that Ruthie will forgive him. Thing is, Ruthie died because her body was too weak. The doctor calls Will on his need to make Ruthie be hot instead of accepting her for who she was. // Sources confirm that newly minted Emmy nominee Elizabeth Reaser is returning to Grey's this fall as Alex's erstwhile Jane Doe. An exact episode count is still being worked out, but my spy tells me it's "definitely more than one."

The separators (//) mean that the spoilers come from different sources. Don't shoot me if you can't see the connection among the spoilers, I can't see them either. Please note that they come from different sources.

Bumping up!

4 more days left till the premiere. I just can't wait to see what it'll be like with Lexie and without Addie and Preston.

Wow no one has posted anything about the premiere yet!! Well let me say I thought it was awesome and the ending Blew me away, YAY. I'm not sure about hiding spoilers for this so I'll only say that I like Christine's reaction to Burke being gone, seemed real. The only corny part was Izzy's patient but it was funny and the end was just too much. But when she told George she was saving Bambi and he took like she was calling him that too now was good. I like Derek and Mcsteamy's talk and the mer/der was interesting. I feel bad for her sister. I hope mer isn't a bitch to her forever. I give this 2 thumbs up. Best premiere I've seen so far out of my shows.

I thought it was a good episode, nothing too huge or overdone. Merideth will come around to her sister (most likely after some major disaster---again). I liked how Lilly?(mer's sis)and George talked and she covered for him by saying on your first day as an intern. I think Callie and George are headed for divorce. Christina really did think Burke would be back and seemed hurt by the news. As for Der/Mer finally over but do we believe it?

Good start to the season and hoping for a strong one.

The premiere was pretty good. I especially like the buildup of what seems to be Meredith's indecision about how to deal with her sister. Is it that she's just shocked to see here there? Or is she still reeling from the treatment at her father's hands? Or is she still mourning her stepmother? Meredith's a true orphan at this stage, and I don't know how I would deal with it were I to be confronted with her situation.

Sandra Oh's depiction Christina's reaction to Burke was as excellent as we've come to expect from her. It was perfectly subtle, but you could see that her first instinct was to just go numb and pretend that everything was okay even as her eyes were telling you that her heart was breaking.

Izzie and George... please don't do it. It's going to end badly. I haven't been on board with these two since they slept with each other, but it might just be that I like Callie so much. He's a gigantic jerk for doing this to her so soon after they got married... but that was also a decision made in haste. George just seems to be chock full of bad decisions here.

The rest of the premiere was pretty good. I hope they can maintain the momentum through the season!

Springmoon, your signature is larger than it's supposed to be. The maximum allowed size is 220 pixels in weight and 75 pixels in height. Please resize it. Thanks.

Enjoyed the season opener! :D

So Mer/Izzy/Cris/Alex are residents? Wow, no longer Bailey's interns.
That's something I'll have to get use too. At the moment there's way too many interns. :eek:

This whole George/Izzy thing is so wrong. :mad: I can't believe she's still chasing after him. I am happy that George decided to stay at SGH and repeat.

Out of all the characters, I'm looking forward to Cristina the most. :D

I already miss Addison and it did feel a bit strange not seeing Burke. :)

----------------
Mer_Der.jpg

I didn't like the season premiere at all. Shonda is falling off the ship-cliff and I guess there's no way back. There's just too many drama:

George: Izzie, failed intern exam
Izzie: George and the goddamned deer
Callie: the chief resident thingy
Bailey: the chief resident thingy
Meredith: Derek, Lexie
Derek: Meredith
Cristina: Burke

That's too much for me. Everybody is depressed for some reason.

This thread was lost, ugh.

I thought the premiere was really good and this last ep. I'm glad Christine was hurt by Burke just leaving and Momma showing up was great. I loved how she snapped on Meredith about her speech, nice. I don't like how Mer is treating her sister, get over it. Not her fault she was born and had a nice mom. The deer thing was a lil too much for me too but it was funny and I like the bambi comment that pissed George off with Izzy, awe. The story of the meth family was really sad and I loved the part with bailey reeming Alex, good old days.

Bailey is my hero. Still. She really really needed to upbraid one of her former interns, just for old time's sake, and that scene between her and Alex was beautifully played out. He needed to be slapped upside the head for doing something stupid and she needed to slap someone upside the head. Everyone won!

I love that scene with Alex and Bailey...That was awesome...I'm just glad that we are getting a bit more taste of comedy. I just love Cristina. I thought that Burke jilting her at the altar will make her really angsty and depressed. I know she's bitter and all but some of her scenes just crack me up. Sandra Oh is such a great actress.

I've been really liking the season so far. The writers are obviously going somewhere with this - just have to take the leap of faith, yeah?

Back