"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 18, 2005.

1. kasey1964

kasey1964 Prime Suspect

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoi

I'm not sure. It might have been the team grunting or someone else. I have a feeling that if Nick had started screaming he would have had a mouthful of dirt. I could be wrong though.

Kasey

2. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

If anyone's interested and you get Spike TV, they are going to show "Grave Danger" on Tuesday at 9 pm EST.

3. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I agree...he would most definitely have had a mouthful of dirt. Ick!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

After my umpteenth viewing of this episode, I have come to the realization that Tarantino is an even more sadistic bastard than I thought.

Having the fan and the light running on the same battery was bad enough. The fact that the team was unwittingly depleting Nicky's air supply just makes the whole situation that much worse. But, it didn't end there. Nick realized that the fan was shutting down every time the light came on, so he did the logical thing and shot out the light. If he hadn't, his air supply would have ran out a lot sooner. But by doing this, he compromised the structure of the box, therefore allowing the fire ants access inside and increasing his torment tenfold. He not only had to worry about dying from asphyxiation, but from anaphylaxis as well. Yet, it was essentially because of these fire ants that the team was able to locate where he was buried and rescue him. Without them, they probably wouldn't have gotten to him in time.

Nicky did everything right, but he suffered more because of his actions. Yet by inflicting more torture upon himself, he was able to be rescued.

That is TRULY sadistic!!!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok this is such a huge post and I don't have the time at the moment to go through all 19 pages. First of all I am new and this is my second post. I absolutly loved Grave Danger. I missed the first hour when it aired in May, but I got a tape of the whole episode from a friend. Wow, what a great episode, i watch parts of it every night, and I am so excited for the U.S. Release of Season 5 DVD in Nov. I don't know if this has been posted yet, becasue this is such a large thread, but after the 3rd or 4th time I watched the beginning of the episode where Nick is driving down the road. Near the end of the sequence as Nick drives by, there is a Las Vegas Police Department car in the backround. It is just sitting there in the backround so it is hard to see. I just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed the police car in the backround. I thought it was funny the first time I saw it. I thought to myself,"Was that a LV Police Cruiser in the background?" Then I went back over the scence a couple of times and saw that the car was back there. All in all, I can say I absoulutly loved this episode, The guy that plays the cop is hilarious, especially in the season 6 premiere. Grave Danger showcases some of George's best acting, and one of the best Nick episodes. I havn't seen a better Nick episode since season 1 when that lady had a gun pointed at his head. It was interesting to find out that the guy playing Officer Michael's is a Make-up artist, if you look up his name on imb??. Profile thing, you see he is a make-up artist by profession, with only a few acting credits. But he is a good actor. But what I didn't understand was why they credited him as Officer Michael's at the end, they don't actually mention his name until the season 6 premiere "Bodies in Motion". I don't know, this is my fav CSI episode so far, I missed the episode last week, so I am hoping that will be the only one I miss this season. Hope to talk to you all again.

CSIFAN1985

6. WBGal

WBGal Hit and Run

Tarantino did such an artful job on GRAVE DANGER!! WHen you can learn more of the story everytime you see it - that's art!! I just love the way Tarantino tells a story.

I see GRAVE DANGER is going to be shown again on SpikeTV on TUesday (10/4) You know I'll be tuning in again - with the same box of kleenex. THat final scene with Nick and Warrick, and Warrick's desparation to get Nick out of the box gets me every-freeking time!!! :(

7. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

Absolutely. :eek: I love how well thought-out this whole story is. The chain of events...pure genius.

Welcome CSIFAN1985 ! I never noticed the police car at the beginning before. Good eye. Hope to see you around!

Me as well. I just realized here in Canada we get three showings of "GD" in less than a month's time. Go Canada! :lol:

This thread is so close to 1000 posts now. That has got to be a first for an ep discussion thread. Bravo, QT!

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I was wondering.

Do you think they will have Grave Danger as a fiction piece for fans to read.

It would be so cool because then we could find out what the characters were thinking.

*CROSSES FINGERS THAT MEMBERS OF THE TPTB ARE READING THIS FORUM*

9. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

I'd also never thought of it this way. Very interesting. And yes, I completely agree that Tarantino is a sick man. :)

The indentations from my fingernails are still on the arms of my favorite living room chair. :lol: I have never been so tense watching television in my entire life.

10. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

God I cried like a baby when they finally saved Nick... :'(
    Couldn't stop crying... I mean honestly, I've never seen such a beautiful episode before.. Thank you Tarantino!!!!

11. Guest

Guest Guest

WOO HOO!!!! I've got my dvd of GD. If you are interested in what its like (or at least what I think of it, then go to the Merchandise forum, Grave Danger DVD (uk)

Oh, nearly forgot to say - this episode is brilliant - no matter how many times I've watched it :D

And Nicky crying... just beautiful :devil:.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lol. My mother who never watches this show watched it with me and the whole time at the end when Nicky was putting the gun in his mouth, she kept yelling at the screen "Oh God, don't do it! Wait, like, 10 seconds!!"

But the Poncho thing killed me. Now at school, my friend and I will look at one-another from across a hallway and yell out "Poncho! Touch my hand, Poncho! Put your hand on the glass!"

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

This thread has permission to go past 1000 or unless we deem it necessary to start a new one.

I am also bumping this up because alot of people want to discuss it. ;)

14. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

I knew there was a thread around here somewhere ;)

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

every time i watch the episode grave danger i cry! poor nick i just want to give him a big hug!