Grade 'What Schemes May Come'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

One of the better eps of the season, imho.
    Good Mac/Stella interaction, which I always enjoy.
    Interesting cases, although the mouse with the ear on his rump freaked me out as badly as it did Danny!

2. csiviper

csiviper Witness

I give this episode an A+.

I totally loved it, Both cases were very cool,
    When Mac first appears running like crazy to see what had happened to Peyton it was kinda sweet and how they were holding hands it was sweet but the best part of this episode was at the end when Stella asks Mac for authorization for the DNA test that will tell her if she has HIV or not, and how she kissed him on the cheek, * YAY!!!!!!), Mac and Stella looked so cute too, I like them better than Mac/Peyton cause Im a SMAcked fan. This was a fantastic episode and it kinda touched the subject about dying and it was really good.

Quotes:
    House> One small feel for a man, one giant ass for mankind. :devil: :devil:

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

A-

I loved this one! It really held my interest and had a little bit of a different vibe going on than most NY eps. It felt really fresh and inventive and the cases really worked together well.

Others have brought up some of the character stuff I noticed, so I'll respond to them...

Yeah, I think it's abundantly clear at this point that Flack's none too fond of Lindsay. He was almost condescending after she did her silly little flower speech and he said something about how knowing it came from a greenhouse really narrowed it down. Ouch! And then he was kind of dismissive when she did narrow it down, saying he was glad he didn't have to do what the CSIs do. It's funny because you know if it had been Stella he would have joked good naturedly about there being no shortage of greenhouses in the area, and had it been Danny he would have pretended or actually been impressed when he mentioned the chemical traces. Flack really isn't fond of Lindsay at all.

Gary really got his workout that day! :lol: I loved that scene though--it was unexpected and atypical of Mac, which made it stand out. I love how he was concerned about Peyton but still able to do his job and be professional.

Danny is adorable. He was like a little kid whose dad had taken him to the zoo when he saw that rat. I love how he kept turning around, impatiently trying to get Mac's attention. Danny is such a child sometimes, one of the truly appealing things about the character.

I noticed that! Adam is the smart. :D

No, I kind of felt the same way. It made me cringe. She can't pull of cutesy. Another actress could--hell, Carmine probably could have pulled that off :lol: --but Anna can't. She just didn't inject the unselfconsciousness into it that the dialogue needed to work.

4. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

I really liked this one too. WAAAYYY too much Lindsay though. She is not a strong enough character to be a principal player on the show (the acting? not so great either). Adam, Sid and Sheldon have been largely ignored for the past few episodes. Lots of Flack at least. Danny was fun but they have made him such a background character lately. I thought Mac and Peyton really pulled of their scenes nicely together. It wasn't too gushy and the writers knew when to pull back on the romance and focus on the forensics.

5. flacksgirl

flacksgirl Hit and Run

Great insight. That is exactly what I thought when I saw the scene.
    I thought it was a great episode. I enjoyed seeing Flack as not only the snarky guy that we have all grown to love but also as someone that is aware of what is happening around him.
    I am torn on the score. Lots of Flack equals an A+ but the story about the suicide pact kinda was a little flacky to me so I guess overall I will give the episode an A-

6. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I thought it was pretty good. Everyone had good parts, they all made e laugh at one part or another.

Mac - I thought it was great how concerned he was for Peyton and how involved he was with this case. He's always involved throughly, but I think he wanted this one in the bag because of what had happened to Peyton.

Stella - I thought she was great. I think it's interesting that TPTB gave Stella a case with terminally ill people because of her "HIV" storyline, and I think the case really got her thinking. I'm also glad sge's going to find out about whether she has it or not soon, that's going to be major either way.

Danny - Where was he? He dissappeard abut half way through the episode. The rat thing was funny though, and the goat line was delivered spectacularly.

Lindsay - I was overly glad to see her back in action. I think she was back to her regular old Lindsay self now that all her crap is behind her. she's definetly a better character when she's happy and perky rather than dodgy and secretive. I liked the flower part, thought it was cute.

Hawkes - He was in this eppy quite a bit, and that was good. Hill always brings such a dynamic to his character that the others sometimes don't bring. He's definetly a huge asset and amazing character on this show.

Flack - He was everywhere! I was so happy, we're getting so much Flack, we're not going to be able to control ourselves! AS always, Flack was sarcastic and witty, which makes him fan-frickin-tastic. Gotta love that guy.

7. CSIFray

CSIFray Lab Technician

I liked the episode...

The part where Danny saw the mouse with the ear was funny. Him tapping and the cage and looking from the mouse to the scientist.

I liked the Mac/Stella interaction at the end... Hehe, I am a SMacked fan... It was just sweet...

And, a couple days ago I was thinkin' how much Christina A. And Gwen S. look like Marylon Monroe (Forgive my spellin' please) and the Christina played a girl who died looking like Monroe... Soo, yeah I thought that was ironic...

So, over all, yay on the ep

8. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

A-

The cases were great and I liked how they both dealt with life and death questions; which the writers in a superb way intertwined with Stella's story.

I know things like the human ear on a rat are really happening, but it always freaks me out a little when I hear or read about it...I therefor loved Danny's reaction because that's the way I'd react too...

9. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I CAN SEE THE SOAP OPERA PEYTON ALSO NO MORE, MAC IS ALSO WITHOUT CLASS PEYTON. HE NEEDS NOBODY AROUND ARE ABLE TO BE TO PROVE. :lol:

10. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Heh, I loved the way the scientist were all about the experiment and didn't give a damn about prison! And Mac was all "WTF?" about it, lol!
    But am I wrong, because I thought that the dead/not dead/brain dead guy was a willing participant in the experiment and it was his messing with the IV lines that gave him the overdose.

Hmm, it'd be an interesting case. Technically the drugs were self-inflicted, the guy took part willingly, right?
    And okay, he was thrown in the water, but they thought he was dead. Heck, even a NY medical examiner thought it was a dead body. There'd be a good argument for manslaughter since both guys thought they were just disposing of a body.

Loved that Flack got so much screentime, and Flack/Stella always a great combination.
    Can't say the same for Peyton or Peyton/Mac (puke)
    and after all Mac's pissyness about Hawkes working a case where he knew the victim, WTF was up with Mac taking the lead on a case where his shag buddy is involved?

11. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

^I'm not absolutely certain now... I wondered about whether he was a willing or unwitting participant because it seemed like he was surprised at what was happening to him after he opened the tank and it seemed like he was trying to get away. I think I'll go re-watch the episode!!

ETA: I watched the episode a lot more closely and he was not unwilling. He just messed up the experiment ;)

12. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i have to agree....it was a good epi

makes youthink what you would do if you were dying like they were

*very happy to be healthy*

13. FlackAttack

FlackAttack Prime Suspect

FLACK!!!!!!!

Ok, now that I'm over that. I liked the ep, though with all the enemies Mac's starting to amass, I'm afraid he'll be going the way of Horatio Caine soon. Hehe.

I was very intrigued by the juxtaposition of the two cases. On the one hand you have terminally ill people who just want to end their suffering. On the other hand you have risk-taking scientists who say that they can get a human body to hibernate so that they can "wait out" the time necessary for a cure. While I think the hibernation idea is creepy (it reminds me of Futurama, what if you wake up in 300 years?), the other case kind of makes you a bit sympathetic for their cause. Just a wee bit.

I nearly died of laughter with Danny and mouse.

Oh, the whole case with Stella wanting to use the lab for the PCR HIV test. Isn't that kind of against policy? I remember on Vegas that Catherine got a lot of heat for running the DNA test find out if Sam Braun was her father. I wouldn't have thought that Mac would be to keen on something like that.

14. Khanada

Khanada CSI Level Two

Stella asked. Catherine didn't. Lil difference there.

15. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

this was an incredible episode. their cases lately are really interesting. these 2 were not so black&white as they usually are and as was said before the connection with the personal lifes was nice.

I totally enjoyed Stella & Flack, I love it when they work together.

Mac & Peyton scenes were really great. its nice he is showing emotions. and Claire did an amazing job. his little run was so sweet though the fact I knew where he was running to spoiled it a bit for me.

Dannys reaction to the rat was priceless and he looked beyond hot in that grey T-shirt thing of his.

as for Lindsay, she looked like a child on Christmas Day throughtout the whole epi to me. her monologue on the flower was a lecture for the viewer IMHO, they do it a lot and this was one of the less awkward ones, and least for me