Grade 'Time's Up'

Top41

Administrator
Administrator
Premium Member
Watch the episode, then travel back in time, watch it again, then grade. ;) :D

Well, definetly not the best episode this season. And for all you Peyton/Mac fans, you get an answer as to the status of their relationship. Good to see Mac playing his guitar again. But overall, one of the weakest episodes they've had.

How come you saw the episode already. I've still got 20mins left. It's 10:40PM
My review coming up whne the episode is over.

Some parts of Canada can see it at 7:00 EST, StellaMac.

Overall, I thought it was a great episode. I'm glad to see more Hawkes, and I loved him geeking out over the dead guy. :p Yay for Angell and Adam, too! It was about time we got some Adam, and it was good to see Angell come back.

Not much Lindsay, so maybe that added to the overall fact that I liked the episode. ;)

That song at the end is growing on me.

I hate that they ended Mac/Peyton the way they did--it seems cheap to me. But maybe it isn't over yet, I suppose we'll see. Ah well...

Oh, and did I mention: ADAM!!!! :D

Next week should be good, but I'm going to be glad when we don't have to keep hearing them talk about Second Life all of the time. ;)

That was a pretty good episode. The wit was sharp and almost everyone had some pretty good, well-executed lines. I was really really happy to see that Hawkes got not only some well-deserved screen time, but also the chance to be the uber-geek we know him to be.

Another happy surprise is that they were able to write and execute a plausible "time traveler" episode with a neat twist. It could have been so incredibly cheesy, but turned out marvelously.

Lindsay got so little time this epi. I wonder what was up with that?

Angell, please have my babies. That cell block comment was delivered perfectly deadpan and perfectly upstaged Danny - and that's not very easy to do.

A-

B

I grade this a B. It wasn't really a good eppy and I kind of got lost in the middle when Sheldon 'geeked out' a bit. I loved the end though...the music was awesome. There were a lot of good "looks" from Flack, Sheldon and Mac.

The end with Peyton's letter was enough to give an otherwise fairly decent epi a C-. What an atrocious way to try to end the relationship. It seems like such a cop out and not at all what Peyton would have done. And I am totally blaming the writers.

Ok, I could go on in that vein for a long time. Suffice it to say, I'm p*ssed because of how badly that was done.

I liked it. It was a quieter episode, but more sly. Last week was over the top (in a wonderful way), this one was clever.

It won me completely over with Flacks "Dr. Who" comment. Heh.

Hawke was wonderful with his complete adoration of the Professor -- not to mention his deep desire to have the time machine work. And is it only me, or does Hawke have a problem with older men in academia? I would like to see more about that.

The best part of the show? Stella and Mac. I'm really loving how Mac is this year and, as always, he and Stella are the best. And I should have known how it would end, what with Mac's little speech to Stella.

I may rewatch on On Demand sometime soon. I should not try to read and watch at the same time but I just had to see what happened in the book I was reading lol

Anyway, I liked more of Mac playing...and was surp about Peyton. But I'm a big M/S shipper anyway so I wasn't too sad.

Stalker-Drew is still creepy. Blech.

Overall I'll say a B I guess

gave it an A-

the cases were... o_O different..

time travel... didnt explain if it was true or they had proof about it...
orgasm.. *clears throat* well, its different..
too high tech for me...
and as much as i like macky... the way he "thinks" the crime scene/reenacment... it kinda annoys me. -_- but he is hot
alot of funny moments too!

Oh Em Gee

did they end the MPR just like that? o_O not impressed. shippy or no shippy, i think they deserved more than a letter for closure. *pats csifan's back* i kinda wished it'd go better than that too... T_T

ending was adorable. macky guitar *wants to play her guitar with him*
the friendship between stel and mac is.. just wow.
she knew he's be there... playing on the stage as an outlet of his sadness *hugs macky*
damnit, he deserved more than a letter ya know *shakes fists*

linds... is it me or theyre cutting her off her scenes? lacks linds scene.
danny... LOL hilarious. same with donnie.
hawkes... wow his shirt really looks good on him *ggs* and the way he respected that professor.. you go hawkes! ^^
adam... want to trade mp3s? XD *hugs co-nerd*

I like the episode, I though it was pretty good.

That sucks about Mac and Peyton though! Mac's guitar scene at the send was awesome too!

And then Danny's comment about the candle was great.

And did Flack say something about having a brother?

I went into this episode with a doubtful but trying to keep an open mind. I was pleasantly surprised that the ep didn't turn out to be a total cheeseball. Kept me interested until the end.

for the most part, I adored it. As I'm also a big fan of the current incarnation of Doctor Who, I enjoyed the references to the show: Flack's mentioning The Doctor, the time machine looked like something off the Who set, and especially the TARDIS sounds the machine first made when it started up!

This episode had a lot of WTF?! moments for me and a lot of the explanation in the time machine case was more than my wee brain could comprehend. It's weird, but despite that, I was really entertained by this episode. I gave it a B.

There were a lot of funny lines in this ep. Most of them were courtesy of Flack:

"Paging Doctor Who." - I never pegged Flack as a fan.
To Hawkes - "Got any pictures of him in a straight jacket?"
About the time machine - "It looks like an electric chair with mood lighting."

Plus we learned that Flack has brothers and it sounds like his "ma" is deceased. Yay for more Flack background.
And Flack's reaction to finding Kevin Murray in the shower was hilarious. Maybe he has an aversion to seeing man parts that aren't Danny's?

I also liked the way Mac tried to get info. from Kevin Murray by playing on his fear of what Dr. Browning said about his impending death. "Nobody knows what the future holds."

It was fun seeing Det. Angell get a shot at interviewing crazy witnesses and making the connection that the participants of the study would have their fingerprints on file. It was just as fun watching Hawkes geek out over Dr. Browning.

Yay for Leaping!Danny and White Shirts!Danny. Another episode where Danny is handling phallic objects. "Must've been one hell of a pickle."

Sid likes to mess with people's brains, and I like to watch Sid mess with people's brains.

The rehydrated blood and putting together the partials to make the thumb print intrigued me.

I thought the resolution of the cases was good. The gambler who was so out of control he let himself believe in the time travel as a way to gain back control. The sororty pledge/hazing gone wrong. Even though they were over the top, it was interesting to see cases where the resolutions left me thinking how screwed up and sensless people can be. I loved that Mac, Danny and Stella all had WTF?! reactions to the murderers' explanations and lack of accountability.

This episode also had something I and a lot of others have been bitching about a lot. Average looking people who could be both unlikeable and sympathetic at the same time. Now if TPTB can also work on casting with ethnic diversity in mind, I'll be happy.

As much as I enjoyed the episode, there were some things that fell flat or just plain bugged me.

Stella, Stella, Stella. Why would you open a package from creepy Drew guy?

Mac, Mac, Mac. Why would you encourage Stella to go out with creepy Drew guy and then compare his behavior to Peyton pursuing you? Dating someone you've known and worked with for however long is not the same as Stella dating creepy Drew guy who stole her card and showed up outside the office building.

Lindsay, Lindsay, Lindsay. Why must you continue to act like a smug, show-off? While becoming a hopscotch champ in 3rd grade did you fall on your head and stop developing emotionally? Anna, Anna, Anna. How did you ever get a MFA degree?

Dear PTB:
Please to not be renewing Anna Belkap's contract. Watching her attempts to act is cruel and unusual punishment.
Not nearly as much love as I'd like to have,
PA

Watching babies get sewing needles rammed into their brains is not nearly as interesting as it sounds. Since Hawkes is a prodigy, should he be rushing to get a CT scan?

Again the new sooper speshul effects fail to impress me. Zooming in on Mac's eye all Matrixy like and showing mercury crawling around the dead dude's arm is actually kinda creepy and not really necessary.

I read that AJ Buckley was signed on as a regular to be like Robert Joy. So why is AJ now billed as a "Special Guest Star" while Robert Joy is still a "Guest Star?" I won't even bitch about them not being in the opening credits if this can be adequately explained.

Peyton is gone. Damnit. If Claire Forlani decided to leave, then fine. If TPTB decided to axe her from the show then boo.

ETA: I forgot to mention I loved how they showed Stella being at the show after finding the letter from Peyton. Stella and Mac have a solid friendship and it's nice when it gets shown in a subtle, yet touching way.

Back