Grade 'Time's Up'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 17, 2007.

1. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Sphinx, from what I seen in the episode, the entire letter was a handwritten one. You made some good points though, this was Mac's first real relationship(apparently) since the death of his wife, and if he's learned one thing, it might be that he can do this again, and find someone to love.

2. privatename

privatename Rookie

I see what you are saying, but I looked at it a little differently. Even though the relationship ended doesn't mean it wasn't worth getting involved. It is the risk you take when you allow yourself to love someone. Things may not work out, but that doesn't mean it wasn't worth getting involved or that it wasn't a wonderful relationship while it lasted.

Of course, the other side is that Stella knows very well another type of risk that women can have when they let someone get close. Most don't end the way the story ended for Stella, but there are many cases of women being stalked and abused by men they let into their lives and Mac should have been much more sensitive to that when he was talking about taking risks. I mean this is some guy off the street who is coming on strong and Stella has every right to listen to her gut or to just feel like it is too much of a risk.

Just my $.02.

3. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

It would be interesting to see Mac ask someone out on a date. I just hope Flack doesn't try to fix Mac up with one of Devon's friends.

4. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

First view it is getting a "meh" (C) but seeing as I was watching it while waiting to go to NYC, I probably did not give it its due. I like the time travel idea, because I am a nerd. I loved Hawkes geeking out. I loved learning tiny bits of information about the character's background (though I still insist Flack was originally, according to CBS, Yonkers-bred). I will probably do my own list on a re-watch, but I don't know if I will post it here. CP on Fay's because it will look like that one. I could have done without the orgasm case entirely, it seems trite and thrown in. I am very happy that TPTB did not have Peyton dump Mac by an iPhone or some other product placement tie in. But I still think it was ridiculous and passive aggressive and does not make me like the character any more than I already didn't.

5. KRAD

KRAD Dead on Arrival

There's one reason why I think that the letter from Peyton might be a fake:

The letter spelled the word "realize." Except Peyton is British, and writing from the UK, and in the UK, they spell it "realise."

Now it could just be that the prop-master screwed the pooch on that one, and you can rationalize (or rationalise) it by saying that Peyton had been in the U.S. long enough to change to Americanized (Americanised?) spellings, but it's also possible that it's a clue that it's a fake. :)

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I never really thought about the letter being fake I just took it for what I was! KRAD I never noticed that mistake but I think its pretty funny!! :lol:

7. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Mmmm... quite interesting the clue you discovered, KRAD.

After seeing Time's up, I did thought that the letter was such a strange way to put and end to the relationship. I mean, just a letter? Not even a phone-call? It's way far from Peyton's behavior.

So that's why I thought maybe the letter was just a piece of the 333stalker's plot. But then the question is, If Peyton hasn't sent the letter, why isn't she coming back to NY or trying to contact with Mac? Maybe 333-guy did something to her??

As you all can see, there are too many "maybe"...

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

8. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

I think that Peyton has been Womannapped...as opposed to Kidnapped lol

the bloody shirt Mac recieved was Peytons blood, and the letter was fake...i think she's behind all this 333 stuff, not personally but i think it could be something from her past...i mean do we even know why she's in America in the first place?

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^ I forgot about that shirt :lol: