Grade 'The Thing About Heroes'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Mightion

Mightion Hit and Run

You're officially nuts. You should be covered in chocolate and sold as a snack; you and PerfectAnomaly. :eek: :) There's an image I didn't want in my head and couldn't get out of it too soon.

As for Sinclair putting on a vest and joining the party, I was glad to see it, helping me think that he wasn't NY's version of Ecklie or Stetler.

2. KRAD

KRAD Dead on Arrival

I liked the episode, and it was an interesting resolution of the 333 storyline and a fascinating look at Mac's childhood.

But Jesus Christ, the subway bit -- they couldn't have gotten things more wrong if they tried. There was nothing in any of those scenes that remotely represented the reality of the New York City subway system. Ugh.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ooh, do I get to pick the type of chocolate? I choose sexual chocolate in the form of a certain 'Doc', if you please. :)

*cough* Because Mac is keeping all of the sexual Bubba--er, Sinclair chocolate to himself *cough cough* ;) :p :devil:

4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Maybe Claire picked it and put it on his phone, and he kept it because of that?

5. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

PerfectAnomaly, you knocked me of my socks here: :D

6. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Ok, for me, "The thing about heroes" was, from far, the best season four episode. It was amazing in all levels, action, investigation, dialogues, locations... It was so much in "Snow day" line, but, (it always seems to be a "but"), I still prefer the one from season three.

About the whole 333 case. Weren't we lucky? *said with irony*, because once more, we were able to see a resume of the whole stalker case while Mac was updating the Chicago detective on the case. Come on! were the flashbacks really necessary?
    Oh, and the 333 allusion on the subway stop and the wagon? A little bit too much for me. I think the number was overused.
    We all know Mac is an intelligent men, but, how could he came up with the word "coward" so fast?
    And I guess it couldn't end in any other way. Andy/Drew alive? Mmmm... I can feel it's not going to be the last time we hear about him.

TOP FIVE MOMENTS

5. The weird version they used for "Train to nowhere". That song really freaked me out!

4. Mac not even listening to the janitor's complaint while he was openning every door at the Chicago Tribune Buiding.

3. Flack face after Sinclare's lecture.

2. Last five minutes of Drew's glory. He really ended up being a "sick bastard", as Stella said.

1. The exciting subway scene. Really loved how they ended up locked while the train starts moving . It happened all in a rush and they were all like "wow!", "what's going on"... I think I've played this scene more than a couple of times...

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

7. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Maybe it was me, but i didn't see Drew as being the stalker until Stella was putting it together :p I knew he was a creeper around Stella and stuff, but i figured his motive would be around her, not Mac...so i was surprised.

Everything i wanted to say has already been said (that comes with having to watch the episode the next day and not commenting until now =P) but I gave this episode an A...probably one of my favorites in the past two seasons. =]

8. Kam

Kam Hit and Run

My favorite part was where Flack was telling Mac he was sneaky like that.

It cracks me up endlessly.

9. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

Hehe! That was one of my fave parts of the episode too. :D

Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I feel that Mykelti Williamson looks a little young to be Chief of Detectives. I guess he just happened to move up the ranks really quickly. Or maybe Williamson just happens to look young for his age (whatever his age is). :eek: Anyway, I was looking around trying to find out his age, and I got 3 different birth years and 2 different birth dates. WTF? His IMDb profile puts his birthday as 4 March 1957, on Wikipedia it's 4 March 1960, and on TV.com it's 22 April 1966! :confused: :confused:

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I gave this an A+ :D

It was excellent, fast paced and action packed. CSI Chicago!

I couldn't help but giggle whenever they did a 333 re-cap, I knew people on here were already annoyed by it :lol: Good to see I am not the only one annoyed by Mac's ring tone.

I have to admit, I did NOT see it coming that Drew would be the 333 stalker. It seems really obvious now that I know, but since I don't read the spoilers, I assumed he was either part of an upcoming Stella storyline or a red herring for the 333 story. I also didn't even think there would be a connection to Mac with Drew. Even through the episode, it wasn't obvious who it might be, since usually they might suspect the guilty person earlier on in the episode, but they didn't really do that this

I can't believe the train scene was in the teaser! :eek: What a way to grab the audience. Loved Danny saving the rest of the team, it was obvious the second he walked off that train. When in doubt, throw something to break it.

I think the point of the anthrax was a suggestion of what the 333 guy might be doing, perhaps?

Yeah, there were some plot holes with this one, but they weren't that bad, and when an episode is put together really well, they are not so annoying.

Good to see Flack in chicago with mac...

It was interesting that it was sort of tied into Snow day. The laser thing, and the media coverage of what happened in the lab that day would have been huge. And of course the media would have been all over Mac for his heroism, whether Mac wanted the attention or not. This makes it some what believable for the cause of someone to snap like this.

Overall I really loved the 333 storyline, but I am glad it wasn't stretched out the rest of the season. Mac is my fave, but I want to see some flack, danny or stella action going on.

11. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

* Im really glad the 333-story line is over (it was a good one though)

* was it me or did Flack actually had a decent tie on?

* Danny looks good in blue but I prefer him in green

* creepy stlker guy is finally out of the way - Im not sure I felt sorry for him but I liked Kerr Smiths acting

* Flack is SOOO funny :)

* Mac always follows only his own rules - Im not sure whether I find it annoying or charming

* and I was robbed of my one small & cute DL moment (is it me or are ALL CSI writters suffering of amnesia?)

12. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

So true, xfcanadian. I really love when TPTB try to connect diferent -and distant- story lines, and not just coming up with new arguments (which is great, too). You know, even Mac says it, "Everything is connected".

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I just now saw this comment. My selective reeding skillz, let me show u them. :rolleyes:

If I'm gonna get a scary image in my head, I'm takin' as many people down with me as I can. :devil: Besides, being completely nuts is fun! :p :)

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

They actually tied the stalker situation in with last season's finale, so I'd say they're making an effort to pay attention to continuity this season.

MAC/SINCLAIR--because older men have experience. :devil:

15. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

This episode gets an A from me.

Although I knew from the start that something was up with Drew (he was just too creepy), I liked how they played it out. Like some of you have said, I was disappointed at the lack of scenes in Chicago. Honestly, if you're going to make that big of a deal out of sending Mac there, at least DO something with it. And I agree with Top41, Brennan was annoying! She was just biting Mac's head off for no reason, kind of made me go, "Geez woman, PMS much?" The storyline itself was good though, the only disappointment for me was the explanation of why Drew picked 3:33, I thought it was kind of stupid, and seemed like it was just thrown in there, kind of like, "oh yeah, we've gotta explain that", but other than that, very good.

This doesn't even have to be said, but Danny *fans self* saving *fans harder* the day was SO HOT. *grabs a second fan* But besides that, I loved how they just came right out of the gate with something exciting and scary like the runaway subway car. And I knew there was a reason I never liked the subway...

Dear Lindsay's hair person: If you keep chopping her hair off eventually there will be nothing left. Please stop it.

The discussion of "Mac's only 44?!" on here is making me laugh; maybe TPTB should consult the fans before they go about givng the characters ages and birthdays, huh? ;)