Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D-

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • F

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Mac was quick and clever using a plastic bag to handcuff the guy in the beginning scene.

Adam's scenes with the boy were very touching. He's very sweet.

Was slightly irritated with Danny for getting the "blue flu". Part of me understands why, but I know I'd be pissed if a bunch of police walked off the job in my city.

Makes me wonder if the city will go into the deputy mayor's funds now to get a reimbursement for all of the money he swiped. (Yes, I know it's just part of the plot on a TV show.)

Don't understand why the boy rolled his father's body in the balloon net. That room had a weird set up. Would an 8 year old child really have the strength to take down a grown man like that?

I guess Craig T. Nelson is going to be a reoccurring character now?

Lindsay was great in this episode..she looked absolutely beautiful as usual..the episode on a whole could have been better..but it was ok

LOL Thanks Top, Fay and Race. Suit the plot sounds perfect to explain what in unexplain :D

The Fireguy should have give him CPR inmdiately if he found some heart beating. But he should have checked if his airways were clear and of course he DID see the Deputy Mayor suffered some kind of trauma because he fell down from above so there is no way he could have moved the head in that way

i think cops and firemen received some kind of coaching regarding that. That's why i found it a little out of place :D

Debbie :D

ps: I changed my mind. Stella did look wonderful in that dress but definitely it was too short for such formal event. Probably it could have been great in a cocktail but not for a found raising party
And i found her behaviour towards that guy totally inapropiate. She was acting as a young girl in her first great date .

The Fireguy should have give him CPR inmdiately if he found some heart beating. But he should have checked if his airways were clear and of course he DID see the Deputy Mayor suffered some kind of trauma because he fell down from above so there is no way he could have moved the head in that way

i think cops and firemen received some kind of coaching regarding that. That's why i found it a little out of place :D
I agree that the staging of the sequence was done so blatantly to set up the forensic evidence chase, that's for damn sure :lol:

No, there's no med response I've heard of would suggest that the victim of a fall should have their head shuffled about and a rolled up jacket stuffed under their neck... :p So unsubtly done in order to lodge exhibit A, the blank token, in Brandon's jacket. But, I've long grown accustomed to such things from TPTB. And since it led to a vaguely odd if entertaining moment between Brandon and Stella down the road when she went to collect his clothing, I could at least go along with it.

And i found her behaviour towards that guy totally inapropiate. She was acting as a young girl in her first great date .
As far as Stella's behviour, I didn't really have a problem with that, but I guess because I also saw it as another set up for more Everything Is Connected moments further in the ep. There was parallel in having Stella straighten Brandon's tie, to demonstrate that it was not a clip on; was basically the link to the eureka moment of realizing what made the puzzling mark on the deputy mayor's neck.

As for Brandon Walsh, well, he's had but what, three lines in two appearances? I'm all for seeing Stella have a relationship of some sort, but I'd also be interested in understanding why she'd be interested in the guy, and so far, there's been nothing. He was basically plot vehicle, not character development for Stella. Hope that changes at some point if they bring him back again.

Last edited:
El, so glad to read your comments again! :D

Your avvie-->:lol:

well i am Smacked you can guess i am NOT thrilled with this episode.
I found more than strange there is this thing about the season where you have to imagine what is happening in between with characters

It's a kinda of switch on/off about certain storylines (adam's job is one of them for example)

Now we find out she is dating this guy who came from nowhere. She barely payed attention to him early on this season and now producers want me to believe "she is hot for the guy" (BARF BAG!)

Besides one was her behaviour at the party (all flirting) but when she was looking for his clothes she seemed shy (???????) but it's obvious it wasn't the first time they met because he held her cell phone at the party and later he took her by her waist ARGHHHHHH

Also , another doubt, if Mac was going to be there alone or with Gillian, why did he call Stella?????????

I admit i suffered this episode except for those scenes with Adam or Stella with other than the fireman (her scenes with danny were great. "Mommy to the rescue" feeling. So cute :D

did i mention i need a make up episode after this one ;)

Debbs :D

On Danny's background here.

Okay so, isn't it possible that Danny does, in fact, come from a family of cops, and Louie was just a big rebel. If you wanted to get real into it, what if when he was younger his family lived in the tanglewood area because his father was undercover there and Louie happened to get mixed up in it, and Danny came to know the kids in the neighbourhood and know all about them. And so on, and so forth.

About Mac being advised not to hire him, well come on now. We know a lot about Danny and his personality he's a hot head who can sometimes be selfish, and he's got a brother in a gang. I'm sure that was no secret at the time. If you had ties to somebody in a gang and you wanted get a job in this area, it would take a lot for you to prove yourself. After all, you could be getting the job to leak information you know?

It still should have been a Flack storyline though, I mean when I heard that I was looking at the screen going WTF? like WHAT? I thought maybe Danny and Flack had a Freaky Friday thing going on, it made no sense to me. Maybe they're gonna change Flack's background to a family of neurosurgeons. :confused:

And where was Flack for that storyline anyway?? :wtf: I mean he's the one you'd expect to be not showing up, and stuff. Then we find out Danny actually comes from a line of cops.. and Flack makes his first appearence a couple scenes later. once again wtf?

But hey, if Danny does come from a line of cops, maybe him and Flack met once or twice as kids.

I'm a little late with this one but there you go. I graded a C-. For the shameless deleting a character's past. If that didn't take place, it would have been a solid A.

I'll take it chronologically.

I didn't see the point in the beginning with the Mac chase scene and the guy that just shot another guy in the middle of the street. I guess that is to show that there was chaos because the NYPD was on a strike, but still. I also understand that this aspect is the most unimportant in the episode.

On to Danny leaving like an ass. I just didn't understand why he showed up at a crime scene when he knew that a great part of the NYPD was on a strike, he claimed that he is not treated well and bla bla. And then the phone rings and he just leaves. That is just illogical. That was so out of character. The Danny I know would do anything to do justice for the victims and their families. The fact that he didn't show up to work resulted in a killer being let go free on the streets, and when Stella told him, he didn't even feel bad.

One thing that I loved about this episode is that Adam was still being his sweet helpful self. I understand he is not a sworn NYPD officer, but you just have to love him and his dedication, and the way he stood up for that kid. I'm guessing that he could realte to him, wwhen the kid saud that his dad just was mad on him for anything. Adam. That is one of the last pieces left from this show that I love.

Hawkes. Finally he got some love. I liked him in this episode and every single time he was saying that Danny was wrong I nodded and aproved. In all of the mayhem and senseless that was this episode, I liked Hawkes' attitude the best. He was a doctor, and I understand that his oath as a doctor would make him work even if he's getting paid.

For the first time in NY I actually liked Lindsay. I didn't mind the scenes with her, and she acted natural. If you ask me, even she was blaming Danny for what he did, but out of devotion to the father of her baby was sticking up for him. My opinion is that in fact she condoned his actions as well. I really enjoyed her in this episode, and from her character point of view, the writers should go on the same road they went for this episode.

I think Stella should have ripped Danny's head off for what he did. If she was pissed off the she should have called him out on his behavior. In fact from the crime lab he was the only one who didn't turn up.

Adam. In the interrogation scene with the boy, gosh I loved him. He is the best thing in the show at the moment, and he really is capable to make a sucky episode better. I am thankful for the more development we got for him, it's absolutely lovely that TPTB realized the power of Adam :D

At least in the end Danny felt a bit guily, but if I was Hawkes I would have been more snarky to him.

All in all this episode reeked of character assasination. For a person that didn't see Season 1 and 2, this episode didn't really change their opinion in Danny. My theory is that the writers wanted to make viewers to b angry on Danny, since he is actually the most popular character in the show. This was just a lack of communication and caring. I might be wrong, but from what I know in the first seasons there were another writers and the new ones just didn't care enough to stick to the character's back story.

I guess that in the beginning the episode looked good on the paper. If it was played put differently, it could have turned out the best episode of the season. If Danny din't show up at the crime scene and then left, if he didn;t say thet he came from a family of cops it could have turned out the best episode. Normally people are sympathetic to Danny, and I guess that they tried to make him look like the bad guy.

I must agree with Top41 here. Danny is turning in Carmine by the episode: the disappearance of the glasses, the fact that now he is coming from a family of cops and wearing the Ceesau t-shirt, would make hardcore fangirls to confuse the character with the actor even more.

flackie_boo said:

Okay so, isn't it possible that Danny does, in fact, come from a family of cops, and Louie was just a big rebel. If you wanted to get real into it, what if when he was younger his family lived in the tanglewood area because his father was undercover there and Louie happened to get mixed up in it, and Danny came to know the kids in the neighbourhood and know all about them. And so on, and so forth.
Oh, they could explain it, and I'm sure it could be a really complex and interesting storyline - but I don't have that much faith in the writers at this point.

Once again, we're left scrambling to rationalize new facts and reconcile them with the old information. It feels like they're adding to the clutter of unanswered questions and dangling plot threads. Louie's fate is still a mystery, they dropped the whole Ruben story arc like a hot potato - I don't anticipate getting any complex, juicy answers about Danny's past any time soon.

So they could make it work, but I'm not holding my breath.

(Heck, I'm still waiting for them to explain Flack's reaction to Moran mentioning his father in "The Fall". At this point, I assume that what we know right now is all we're going to know - if they provide more information down the road, that's fine, but I'm not assuming it will come. And that goes for any storyline, not just this one.)

Danny's shady background was one of the more interesting things about the character, and it was filled with possibilities. Now casual viewers (and newer viewers) will likely only remember that he's from a family of cops, so this kind of wipes away a lot of the intrigue of the character IMO.

For me, it feels like they're whitewashing the character's backstory out of convenience or because perhaps they want it to be different than the original plan - five years into a show isn't the time to create a blank slate. Five years into the show, they should be building on established facts and filling in the blanks.

Last edited:
Also, if Louie was the lone rogue Messer I highly doubt Mac would have been advised not to hire Danny. I aslo doubt Danny would have made the comment about growing up being watched by the Feds if his family was full of cops.

I personally don't think TPTB can explain it in a way that makes any sense based on what was revealed in previous seasons even if they bothered to try. :rolleyes:

One question: when Adam was running the test on the "stuff" on his iPod, Lindsay told him to do it, Hawkes was NOT in the room. So, how did Hawkes know what Adam was doing (he said something about having that stuff on his iPod). So....does Hawkes have a 6th sense, or is this a small hole in the plot?

Just another question for TPTB!

One question: when Adam was running the test on the "stuff" on his iPod, Lindsay told him to do it, Hawkes was NOT in the room. So, how did Hawkes know what Adam was doing (he said something about having that stuff on his iPod). So....does Hawkes have a 6th sense, or is this a small hole in the plot?

Ha, Ha - I thought that at first too, but I thought I mustn't have seen it right as surely TPTB would be so sloppy. Actually not sure why I thought that - of course TPTB would be that sloppy, they been nothing but sloppy lately.

*waves* at Ghawazee ;) :p

About Mac being advised not to hire him, well come on now. We know a lot about Danny and his personality he's a hot head who can sometimes be selfish, and he's got a brother in a gang. I'm sure that was no secret at the time. If you had ties to somebody in a gang and you wanted get a job in this area, it would take a lot for you to prove yourself. After all, you could be getting the job to leak information you know?
Thing for me is that there was an implied history, with specific episode time devoted and centred around it, and since other hints of it adding into making Messer such a complex character as a cop as a result.

There was absolutely no need to even have any comment like "I'm from a family of cops" tossed into the mix; he could simply have stood on his own principle without drawing on that when Stella confronted him. That snippet backwashed four seasons worth of character history for Messer, and ya hafta ask why they had that in there at all. If they now adhere to this re-written notion, this just makes him all the more bland and conventional as a character. WTF are they doing to him this season?

My theory is that the writers wanted to make viewers to b angry on Danny, since he is actually the most popular character in the show. This was just a lack of communication and caring. I might be wrong, but from what I know in the first seasons there were another writers and the new ones just didn't care enough to stick to the character's back story.

I must agree with Top41 here. Danny is turning in Carmine by the episode: the disappearance of the glasses, the fact that now he is coming from a family of cops and wearing the Ceesau t-shirt, would make hardcore fangirls to confuse the character with the actor even more.
I dunno wtf the writers were thinking. It was all just so muddled. Danny's already the most conflicted character on the roster, and so this stand by him didn't seem to come from a solid base. That's why it might have been more interesting to see Flack pressured by other cops with regards to the circumstances. Much as I thought the spin off scenes between Hawkes and Lindsay, and Stella and Danny were otherwise interesting.

Danny's always also been the most sympathetic to others, to the point of being rash and defiant in his pursuit of what he thinks justice often should be on their behalf. That's another reason why leaving Hawkes in the hot seat and the court case hanging in the balance seemed so out of character, at least as I had come to view him in the past five years.

I don't think it was intended to make the viewers angry at Danny, but the utility guy sure is taking one helluva beating of late.

I hafta wonder if Carmine's just getting bored and the writers are trying to toss him assuaging treats from time to time? Except that he's always said he is the utility guy, willing to do whatever is asked of him for the show. So no, I do lay this squarely on the writers. So many of the defining aspects of Messer's character from early seasons have been worn away without an understandable logic or resulting evolution. It's not even 'where are Messer's cojones' anymore, but what the hell's happening to Messer in general. Too much utiltity, to mis-utilized, too much abused to facilitate convenient writing at the expense of who he was.

For me, it feels like they're whitewashing the character's backstory out of convenience or because perhaps they want it to be different than the original plan - five years into a show isn't the time to create a blank slate. Five years into the show, they should be building on established facts and filling in the blanks.
I'm halfway to hoping Danny will spill his guts to complete strangers again (seeing as he won't talk to his friends) just so we can have some insight into who the heck he is anymore...

Also, if Louie was the lone rogue Messer I highly doubt Mac would have been advised not to hire Danny. I aslo doubt Danny would have made the comment about growing up being watched by the Feds if his family was full of cops.

I personally don't think TPTB can explain it in a way that makes any sense based on what was revealed in previous seasons even if they bothered to try. :rolleyes:
Game. Set. Match.

Ha, Ha - I thought that at first too, but I thought I mustn't have seen it right as surely TPTB would be so sloppy. Actually not sure why I thought that - of course TPTB would be that sloppy, they been nothing but sloppy lately.
Mebbe Hawkes the WunderBoy was indeed actually beamed down from a mothership with a host of unknown abilities the writers have yet to fully tap into... :lol: (hear the wind whistling thru all those holes...)

Back