Grade 'The Box'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 26, 2008.

?

How would you grade The Box?

1. A+

35 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. A

20 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. A-

11 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. B

8 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. B-

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. C

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. C-

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  11. D

14 vote(s)
    11.9%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  13. F

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Of course it's just speculation, hence the words 'maybe', 'it's possible', 'I wonder' etc.:)

While I agree that taking off is Lindsay's M.O., she certainly didn't look to me like she was enjoying it. But then again, it's obvious that I view Lindsay differently to you. I do think Danny has shown emotion towards her, I think it's been obvious from early on that he has feelings towards her that are different to his feelings for the rest of the team.

Yes, he's had sex with her. He's even been in a relationship with her. I think his comments to Mac in S1 are irrelevant. I think not wanting to fall in love won't actually stop it from happening, particularly when his words back then were that of a typical young man enjoying playing the field, things change. Unless/until he says the words we won't know how he feels for sure, but I saw affection in this episode which indicates (to me at least) that it's entirely possible he loves her.

As for the whole condom issue. Read the box. 98% effective if you use them properly. I wonder how many people ever read the instructions? Again it's probably irrelevant as I don't think they're ever going to explore the if, but's and maybe's of conception. :)

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I think you're missing my point here. My point is that I believe the only person he'll TRULY love will be that child. I wouldn't call what he said in season 1 irrelevant. Season 1 happened whether anybody liked it or not. I was just using that as an example as my belief he'll never TRULY love Lindsay. There's lots of different ways to love people and many different levels of love.

Please don't insult my intelligence by telling me to read the box. I KNOW what the boxes said but that's only a 2% chance they won't work and from all the people I've heard use 'the condom broke' excuse, well, that's about 98% of them. :p It's pretty damn hard to 'break' one. Not that it matters but I think it has more to do with people putting them on too late or plain old NOT using one at all. With DL it is obvious that somebody screwed up somewhere because it was obvious this wasn't a planned pregnancy.

With that one expression she has for everything, who knows if she enjoyed it or not. :p One would think she would have understood Danny's reaction to her news since she knew for weeks. She's had time to come to terms with it. I'm sure she had the same reaction as Danny when she found out herself but then again, Lindsay always expects everything to be her way. :rolleyes:

Thanks to the new tv guide article it looks like a few things will be changing but I still don't see sunshine and roses for them. I much prefer seeing Danny's reactions to things since Lindsay seems to have the same reaction to everything.

3. JellyBelly

I'm not missing your point, I just don't necessarily agree with it. At the end of the day if the writer's want him to love Lindsay then he will. And yep, there are many different levels of love, I guess it just depends on what you mean by true love.

That really wasn't my intention, but I apologise if it came across that way, just presenting some factual information.

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I agree about the writers but I need more than to just hear Danny say it. If he sounds like he did when he was talking about Lindsay being 'different' and 'that's a good thing', then I'm not gonna be convinced. I guess it depends on how they want it played out. I just get the feeling that Danny will only ask Lindsay to marry him because he feels it's the right thing to do. I'm not saying that he won't love her but I just think if there wasn't a child, Danny wouldn't be proposing. I'm not saying that he never would, I just don't think he would be yet.

This entire DL thing (baby, possible wedding, etc) seems a bit rushed since we hadn't really seen any signs of a relationship but they're also rushing things with Flack/Angell so I'm not surprised. All I can say it THANK GOD tptb do not have the guts to show a gay relationship on the show because that means my ship is safe. ;)

5. JellyBelly

I agree that he wouldn't be proposing at this point if it wasn't for the baby. That's why it'll be interesting to see Lindsay's response because I suspect she'll be well aware of that fact. While it does seem like it's all rushed, I have to say I'm a little hopeful that they'll stop with the high drama followed by weeks of nothing, followed by high drama.

6. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I think Danny's words, not to mention his actions in season one are very relevant, not perhaps directly to where their so called relationship stands, but at least indirectly, in that everything he did and said in season one was as much a part of his character as anything else. Danny's a young man. A bachelor, and through his words he conveyed to us that he was not eager to settle down. While I agree that love could strike you, even if you aren't anticipating it, nothing I've seen between them since Lindsay showed up would indicate to me that Lindsay has brought anything into his life worth causing Danny to re-evaluate, and change damn near every ounce of the man he used to be into the kind of guy he is when he's running around after her apologizing for things he's not wholly to blame for. I'm not saying he couldn't change, I'm saying people don't change over night, and they certainly don't change for someone they have a luke-warm relationship with. If they want me to believe he's willing to dive into a phone booth, spin around and come out a new man, they better show me that this girl is really something. Show me that he really thinks something special of her and with good cause. Instead his lines sound like he's struggling for a compliment as much as anyone else is and the best they can come up with when we're wondering why we're supposed to like her is just to have people walking around talking about her greatness.

She might really be amazing on the other hand, if this power she possess to make everyone ignore her short comings and think she craps cinnamon buns is a mutant ability then shes nothing short of superhuman. In which case Danny might just be reacting out of sheer terror. </ sarcasm>

7. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

I haven't watched CSI:NY in quite a while but I had a morbid curiosity to see the "I'm pregnant" scene so I finally got to watch it yesterday.

Ok, I don't like Lindsay (or Anna for that matter) and I certainly don't like Lindsay and Danny together (it's part of the reason I stopped watching) but that's actually not the part of the episode that irked me.

No, the part that irritated the heck out of me was Danny pouring out his heart to the victim's family. Boo-hoo, poor Danny creating life with a woman when he's not sure of their relationship. Real mature, telling your sob story to a couple who lost their daughter.

Besides being horribly insensitive on Danny's part, I also found the whole "therapy" situation to be creepy.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Bitten! :D Great to see you back! :D

Danny's MO is to be kind of whiny and overly open with people, so I didn't find that so out of character. I also thought his gabbing was probably distracting the parents from their guilt/pain, so maybe not such a bad thing in their eyes. But yeah, it was a little odd. Still, Danny's so emotional and he'd just had a big bomb dropped on him, so it didn't exactly surprise me.

9. BittenByTheWolfe

Oh, I didn't think it was out of character, not at all. Although it was slightly disconcerting to come back after not watching the show for at least a year and see that Danny is still the same old immature Danny. Don't get me wrong, I still love the guy...but it makes me wonder what the writers are ever going to do with him. If they don't change him (whether for better or worse) the character will eventually stagnate. It makes me wonder if the writers will attempt some character evolution with the baby storyline.

Then again, there's a part of me that just thinks the writers sat down one day, said, "What wild and crazy thing can we do to get ratings?" and someone suggested to have Lindsay get pregnant and that was the end of the discussion, with hardly a thought on how the characters could actually grow from the experience. I guess we'll just have to tune in and see.

10. Top41

^The only reason Lindsay is pregnant is because Anna is pregnant in real life. Otherwise, we would have seen a very different storyline this season. Kind of disappointing, but they're working around it the way they feel they have to.

Danny's still immature, but I think the writers are using the baby story to "grow him up" a bit.

11. BittenByTheWolfe

Wasn't Anna pregnant once before and they (tried) to hide it? What made them decide to write it in this time?

12. Top41

Apparently Anna wanted it written in this time and the writers went for that (according to the TV Guide article from this week). It sounds like it was a complete change from what they'd been planning--Danny's romantic interest from last season, Rikki, was slated to return for a bunch of episodes--but I guess they decided this was easier than hiding it.

13. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Did Anna request they write her preganacy in? If so thats one way to secure yourself a big storyline and a fair bit of screentime - something I think she didn't have much of end of S4 and beginning of S5.

14. JellyBelly

It's not clear whether she requested it or not. She certainly seemed happy to have it written in as she 'chose' for it not to be written in last time when (I believe) tptb were considering writing it in. Maybe she did go to them and say she was happy this time but I very much doubt she has the power to secure herself the big storyline and additional screentime. If anything I suspect she'll be having less screentime in upcoming episodes.

15. Top41

^She said she chose for it not to be written in last time...that doesn't mean that didn't go along with what TPTB wanted. I imagine anytime an actress is pregnant, there's a discussion as to whether or not to write her pregnancy into the show or hide it.

I don't think she was trying to secure herself a big storyline or anything like that--probably just thinking of making things easier on herself as she implied in the article.