Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Gil and Sarah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gil and Lady Heather

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Gil and strange Transgender woman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But if he was an accessory/witness to/participated in a felony crime? Yeah, that's bad. And Sonny obviously knows exactly what Danny's done...

I can see Danny witnessing something or covering something up. Or possibly even getting involved in something that got violently out of hand. If so, that was probably the impetus for him to leave the gang--he realized how intense and serious the Tanglewood Boys really were and decided to get out before it was too late.

We've see that CSIs in Vegas seem to get away with a lot (Catherine and Warrick, anyone?). So, I'm sure they'll find a way for Danny to keep his job.

But his relationship with Mac? Now, that's going to suffer. I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better. Mac seems like the kind of guy who's big on trust. That's going to be the big issue. I mean, if Danny got caught up in something when he was younger, Mac would eventually understand that (even if he was hot for a while). But for Danny not to trust him, not to be open with him? That's a problem.

If Danny sucks it up and goes to Mac about what happened, it might make things easier. But if he still tries to keep his secret, their bond will be seriously damaged. But hey! That might make for a great sweeps episode. :D

Posted by lament:
I can see Danny witnessing something or covering something up. Or possibly even getting involved in something that got violently out of hand. If so, that was probably the impetus for him to leave the gang--he realized how intense and serious the Tanglewood Boys really were and decided to get out before it was too late.

Yep, that'd be my guess as well. Something bad went down and Danny decided he wanted out. And he got out somehow (who knows what he had to do that). Maybe even got out of the neighborhood--especially if that's when he went to college (wonder if we'll ever find out where. My guess would be in state and he payed for it himself). And then he got into law enforcement.

We've see that CSIs in Vegas seem to get away with a lot (Catherine and Warrick, anyone?). So, I'm sure they'll find a way for Danny to keep his job.

Warrick almost got canned for leaving Holly Gribbs at a scene alone when she got shot (and eventually died). Another case where the guy probably should have been fired...but Grissom gave him another chance. And Warrick made good--a few episodes later, he turned in that corrupt judge that was trying to blackmail him into falsifying evidence.

As for Cath--her parentage is pretty much out of her control, but IIRC she was removed from the latest Sam Braun case. Still, she did cover up for him on that one murder he committed. And that's bad, but my guess is that she'll never be caught. If she was...well, they probably couldn't prove she knew.

But those are good examples. Certainly the Vegas crew has a few instances of using questionable judgment.

But his relationship with Mac? Now, that's going to suffer. I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better. Mac seems like the kind of guy who's big on trust. That's going to be the big issue. I mean, if Danny got caught up in something when he was younger, Mac would eventually understand that (even if he was hot for a while). But for Danny not to trust him, not to be open with him? That's a problem.

And I think that's what's going to be toughest for Mac to get over. The fact that Danny didn't feel he could trust him with the truth about his past. I think Danny was in a tough position--Mac is obviously a person who has never crossed that line. Whereas Danny probably grew up in rougher circumstances. That's not an excuse...but it's hard to tell someone who you look at as all but perfect that you were far from it in the past.

If Danny sucks it up and goes to Mac about what happened, it might make things easier. But if he still tries to keep his secret, their bond will be seriously damaged. But hey! That might make for a great sweeps episode. :D

Danny would be smart to go to Mac. After all, he doesn't have much to lose at this point...Mac knows (or strongly suspects) Danny was in the gang. I'm assuming Mac didn't know Danny was watching from behind the glass.

Now's the time to fess up, Danny. But I have a feeling you're right...we're gonna see this come up again in May sweeps and Danny isn't going to be brining it up of his own free will.

As it is, Danny's working relationship with Mac has been seriously compromised, I would hope that Danny goes to Mac (again!) to own up to whatever it is that he hasn't been honest about. Mac doesn't strike me as the type of person that wouldn't be forgiving (within the constraints of the job, of course).

I can't decide if Mac is the type of person that would call Danny on it first, or wait until Danny came to him? Mac was just shocked after Sonny's revelation about Danny

I also don't think that Danny did anything bad enough to completely damage his career. I think that he just didn't completely own up to something, especially to Mac, when he should have. However, I do understand why he chickened out in Mac's office. I probably would have done the same thing, especially after being praised by my mentor.

^^Ditto.

Posted by Top41:
Now's the time to fess up, Danny. But I have a feeling you're right...we're gonna see this come up again in May sweeps and Danny isn't going to be brining it up of his own free will.

That is if the PTB continue to persue this whole background. I have great hopes in Zuiker but...CSI doesn't exactly have the best track record.

Oh...and I have a new theory. I've been speculating for a looooooong time, though it may have been said before. What if it's not really what Danny had done but a close friend or relative? To me, he seems like the person to help another...whether it be awful or good. But that's just my overactive imagination... :D :rolleyes:

education for the CSI's is going to be a given. Nowadays it is even required for some cops to have an associates or even a bachelor's degree.
:p

I can't decide if Mac is the type of person that would call Danny on it first, or wait until Danny came to him? Mac was just shocked after Sonny's revelation about Danny

I think Mac will try to wait for Danny to come clean. The way Mac would see it, imo, is that Danny needs to 1) be able to trust Mac enough to open up to him--their working relationship and friendship depend on it and 2) make a conscious choice to let that part of his past go. While Danny may be trapped in the TB because of some threat to his person, family, or career, I think he's also trapped because he hasn't emotionally owned up to his actions. Part of him is still that guy. It's tough to let your past go, and until Danny does, part of him will always be a part of the gang, even though he may loathe them and work against them.

I read an article from the New York Times from May of 2004 in which Zuiker was interviewed and he said in the interview that his focus for this CSI spinoff was going to be more character development and less forensic science.

I hope he stands by that :p

Vey good episode one of my favorite NY episodes so far. One thing that is starting to make the NY episodes better is the change of character with Mac. He is starting to lighten up and Sinise is coming into his own as Mac. I really like what they are doing with Danny and how his past will probably catch up with him. Also in this week episode I though that was a CSI classic when they were talking about the NY Yanks very creative punchlines right there. As much as I like the NY shows Iam skepitcal of Stella her character is the one I like the least on the show. I just cant get a read one her. Hopefully they will open her past abit kinda like they are doing with Danny. With that being said if NY continues to make episodes like it did this week it will finish off strong this season and bring much more hope for Season 2 which will be a crucial season for NY.

There was an article in the January 2-8 TV Guide with a 'catch-up' guide for various shows and the article did have interesting tidbits on the characters and what is to come for the rest of this season.

I will have to say that I haven't really gotten into Stella either. Maybe once the show opens up her character and we see her backstory, it will explain a lot about her and her personality, which for one, I don't really care for. I don't dislike her, I just don't know how to take her right now. I will say that how she challenges Mac, especially in Officer Blue is intriging.

My only concern, which I hope is unfounded, is that they won't follow through with the characters stories and move away from them. The NY show has created something very great here and I just hope that they realize it.

Plus, the easygoing banter that the characters have with one another is a treat that I love tuning in each week to see, that and Danny :D Ok, I admit it I just tune in to see Danny :lol:

Posted by lament:
I think Mac will try to wait for Danny to come clean. The way Mac would see it, imo, is that Danny needs to 1) be able to trust Mac enough to open up to him--their working relationship and friendship depend on it and 2) make a conscious choice to let that part of his past go. While Danny may be trapped in the TB because of some threat to his person, family, or career, I think he's also trapped because he hasn't emotionally owned up to his actions. Part of him is still that guy. It's tough to let your past go, and until Danny does, part of him will always be a part of the gang, even though he may loathe them and work against them.

I think Danny also has trust issues, which could be why he lied to Mac in the first place. He probably never got the benefit of the doubt as a kid, especially if he ran with a bad crowd, and even at CSI he gets raked across the coals for how he does things or even for things he didn't do (like Aiden's comments about the prostitute stuff)!

Mac's his mentor, but I doubt Danny fully trusts him. I don't think Danny fully trusts anybody--if he's had bad role models in his life (like the gang members), he's probably seen them turn on people (possibly even on him). So even though he rationally knows Mac is a good and trustworthy person, that doesn't mean Danny can bring himself to trust full and expect that Mac would give him the benefit of the doubt if he did come clean to Mac.

But I think you're right--Mac will expect/wait for Danny to come clean to him. And if Danny doesn't...I expect Mac will be pretty disappointed in him.

think Danny also has trust issues, which could be why he lied to Mac in the first place. He probably never got the benefit of the doubt as a kid, especially if he ran with a bad crowd, and even at CSI he gets raked across the coals for how he does things or even for things he didn't do (like Aiden's comments about the prostitute stuff)!

Good point about Danny's trust issues. I agree that trust is probably difficult for Danny. That's one of the things that's interesting about the Mac/Danny dynamic. Mac is honest, above-board, and all about trust and teamwork--a regular gung-ho Marine (Who wants to see him in uniform? ;)). He makes it seem so easy.

Danny, though, may want to trust Mac, but holds back out of a general poverty of experience with people he can really trust, and probably a self-preservation instinct, as well. Even though he wants to trust Mac, he probably feels like he's got his back against the wall.

That said, part of me really wants Danny to come clean to Mac (or Stella) on his own. But part of me wants Mac to walk into the locker room or something and see Danny's TB tattoo without an "out date." Oh, the angst!

I would really prefer if Danny came clean with Mac rather than Stella. More so because of the mentoring relationship that Mac has with Danny. That and I enjoy the Mac/ Danny interactions.

I think that maybe the Mafia paid for his education so that they could have another "connection" in law enforcement. And he would definitly owe them if that was the case. Any thoughts?

Back