Grade 'Sleight Out of Hand'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 28, 2007.

1. myName

myName Victim

i gave it a C.
    it wasn't like the best episode ever, i enjoyed some other waaaaaaaaay more.
    the case didn't really caught my attention and i found myself wondering why after 30 mins i was still holding a pee and realize i'm the laziest woman alive.
    but there were some good moments as everybody else already pointed out so i won't repeat them...

lindsay wasn't that bad at the beginning of the trial...
    i was actually enjoying that until danny came along, then she just wasn't credible anymore.
    why would you be holding hands half smiling, very relaxed after all the crap you had to go through and still is following you after years and years???????
    "yeah!!!
    i did my thing and now i'm gonna geeeet iiiit ooon with danny!!!!"
    why, oh why?
    can lindsay ever have some sort of development on her own?

gosh...
    i loved the show...
    all i got from this episode is a stronger bond with my couch.
    makes me wanna have a life

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Perfect_Anomaly, I agree with you about the Danny/Lindsay stuff...it's hard to jump on board when much of it is handled so poorly. The trial seemed like a vehicle to get them together (much as Lindsay's past merely seems like an obstacle to keep them apart for a while) rather than anything actually substantial. It's a shame.

I would have much preferred that. What happened made Danny look sad and needy, and Lindsay seem so passive--was she happy because he was there, or just because someone was? If Lindsay had reached out to Danny or come home and told Danny she was ready to give it a go, I'd like the whole thing a lot better.

I don't know that I've ever laughed harder at a single sentence that I've read on the internet than I did at this one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

:lol: Stop, you're embarrassing me.

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

midnight, I bow down to you. :D That post you had back on page 2 was the funniest thing I have ever read. It was the highlight of all the posts on here.

I gave the episode a B.

Flack is fantastic. :p I love watching him. Flack and Hawkes in the magic shop was just too cute. I love the banter between them. It looks like they really enjoy picking on each other.

Mac letting Danny light him on fire was fun. He's right, how many chances would you get to light your boss on fire and how many of us would enjoy it? :devil:

I had never seen Criss Angel before but I thought he did a pretty good job. Way better than Nelly Furtado and Sasha Cohen. Kid Rock was the best one though. Luke was a freak with doing his stunts and then actually killing people with them.

That's really about all I have to say about this ep. My sinus headache is clogging my brain. I'm not even gonna start in on the DL crap. I believe most everyone knows my feelings about that. The only thing I will say is this: Why didn't they go into more detail about Daniel Katums? Why did he kill those girls, why didn't he kill Lindsay, where has he been for the past 10 years?? So many unanswered questions, as usual. :rolleyes:

5. DL4Eva

DL4Eva Dead on Arrival

That was probably the best episode ever. Danny and Lindsay were so close to kissing. The lead up to it was fantastic! I grade it A+.

If you don't like D/L put it another way. If Danny and Lindsay do start going out, that might mena more of Danny shirtless. And who would not want that?!?!?1

6. myName

myName Victim

uhm...me.
    for as much as shirtless may be appealing (and yeah, it is :D ),d/l making out would quite frankly bore me...
    i mean i may almost prefer 2 hours repeat of baby einsten, and that's pretty much the most boring thing on the face of the earth :(

7. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

Here's my opinion, for what it's worth. Criss Angel did a pretty good job. I was pleasantly suprised. I thought it was one of the better episodes this season except for.....dare I say it....the other story line....maybe they went too deep with it, maybe it was just too hokey, I can't decide but I just didn't like it. I like it when they just sort of skim the surface of the CSI's personal lives (especially the romantic aspects of them, don't give us to much info!!!!) I didn't cringe at the performance of Danny's character throughout the whole storyline so I guess that says something about the actors ability (way to go Carmine). I hate to reopen old wounds but the characters don't mesh. I am not hating the character of Lindsay (okay, I am not the biggest fan, I will admit it), but I definitely don't like the dynamic of the two of them together. When they were about to kiss, I actually said "Don't do it" out loud and got some looks from my husband. If they would have kissed, it would have been a point of no return for their characters, so I am glad they didn't.

8. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

I gave it a B+. I liked the storyline, but it seemed the case was pretty easy to solve.

9. AnotherPlanet

AnotherPlanet Victim

I watched Sleight Out Of Hand after reading some spoilers for it on here, and was kind of prepared not to like it at all...so, I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was some good stuff in it. I have no idea who that Criss Angel guy is, but I thought he was really well cast and did a good job of freaking me out with his unhinged antics, plus that whole storyline was pretty entertaining and contemporary. On that basis I'd almost think about giving the episode a B.

However, I can't not comment about the other storyline as it equally freaked me out! When, oh when is this 'Danny loves Lindsay' nonsense going to stop?? In an otherwise, well crafted, well acted piece it just seems like such an amateur construct.

The only saving grace in it - and maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part - is that when they did actually 'connect' at the end of the episode it did look very platonic to me. I mean, Danny had just hauled his ass across country to be by her side, after supposedly pining for her for 3 week's solid - actually make that a season and a half solid, if the writing is to be believed. She had just been through a harrowing trial that had been hanging over her for ten years and with all of it out of the way found herself face to face with the man she supposedly 'likes a lot'....and all the two of them could muster was a few seconds of puppy dog eyes and a little quiver in each other's direction before holding hands and skipping out of the court together to go get a Happy Meal or whatever kids do these days before they have a sleepover.
    It was totally unsexy (sorry Carmine - just the moment, not you), completely lacking in passion, and so, so unconvincing!!

On the basis of that one scene I reckon the two of them then went to a motel with the intention of having a wriggle but once they actually got down to it quickly realised what we've all known for months - ie. that they have about as much spark as a wet box of matches, and then they both fell asleep of top of the bed, fully clothed and the next morning decided to just be friends and never speak of that night ever, ever again.....

I'm hoping that's what TPTB had in mind when they shot that scene - cause that's how it played....unfortunately something tells me I might be wrong.

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*snort* :lol:

Damnit, now I'm craving a Happy Meal--with a toy! Yayness! :D

Yes, there were definitely great things about the episode, and it sucks that there were also things that sort of ruined the good stuff. :(

11. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Guys I gotta say I'm not looking forward to this episode! I hate the D/L and I'm sick of both actors suffereing just to try and make a stupid romance work. Danny's character has suffered to the point of I'm beginning to go off his character and focus on others and don't even get me started on Lindsay.
    If I don't watch the episode when it airs in the UK does that mean that it doesn't happen??

12. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

I agree. The two have zero chemistry- and cannot even pretend that it is there- when they are actors. I am not complaning per se about the acting, Carmine is an amazing actor, and I think that Anna is good in her own right- just not with this cast, with the exception of Gary Sinise. I am truly puzzled as to where this chemistry between the two is? :confused:
    :lol: Excellent analogy here!

13. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I do want to know where TPTB head's are at with the whole storyline of the alleged romance! I'm just so baffled as to why they think it'd work?

14. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

Midnight: I had to laugh when I read your post back on page 2. My husband wanted to see what I was laughing at so I told him to read what you wrote. He actually watched this episode with me. He said he doesn't care about the whole Danny/Lindsay thing, he's just pissed that Danny is getting more action than he is.

15. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

From what I've gleamed from the comments the courtroom story might've worked better had it been a seperate episode instead of being the B plot to this one. (That, and Danny should have stayed at home.)That way, the story could've been developed better and we might have gotten some idea as to the killer's motives, and seen how Lindsay would've handled being questioned by the defense attorney.(with Anna's acting, probably not very well-I think it's best she stick to light hearted stuff) That's the impression I got, anyway. I also get the feeling that maybe the writers should watch a few episodes of Law & Order to get a better idea of how to do courtroom drama.