Grade Season Two

ITA Faylinn, I would have loved to have seen more of Hawkes being a rookie, and more mentoring from Mac, Stella, etc. He just seemed to...slide right into it so effortlessly, and I think they could have done some fun/intriguing things with his change from the morgue to the field. Granted, they did make mention of it on occasion, like in last night's "Bad Beat" when Sid slyly asked him (before he sliced into the vic's lung) "You're jealous, aren't you? You miss it down here..." But I kind of felt like Hawke's real "rookie" role was brushed aside in favor of Lindsay...who, as some of you have pointed out, wasn't actually a rookie, she was just new.

Ah well, I'm hoping for bigger and better things from Hawkes in s3, I really like him.

Not seeing Hawkes go through being a rookie CSI was a damn shame. The fact that we lost out on that so that a weak character like Lindsay could be "developed" made it doubly tragic.

I gave it an A+, I wasn't a fan of the first season at all, then along came Anna Belknap and I quickly fell for every Danny/Lindsay scene that I came across. I think the second season was a lot lighter, too, because of her inclusion, and not just her and Danny's scenes either. Bring on season 3, especially if the awesome second series was anything to go by!

BlueSmurfette said:
I gave it an A+, I wasn't a fan of the first season at all, then along came Anna Belknap and I quickly fell for every Danny/Lindsay scene that I came across. I think the second season was a lot lighter, too, because of her inclusion, and not just her and Danny's scenes either. Bring on season 3, especially if the awesome second series was anything to go by!
Thats basically evey thing I was thinking

I'm not sure what grade to give S2, but I liked the lighter setting better than S1, and I loved the idea of Hawkes becoming a CSI.

As my first action on these boards, I gave Season 2 a solid B. My reasoning was that it was certainly better than anything else on tv and had some very strong episodes but there was also considerable room for improvement. In particular, I would mention the insistence on always having a B story and a lack of any really controversial and adventurous episodes. Sure, sometimes trying something different can belly-flop on a huge scale, but I think that it will be absolutely necessary in Season 3.

Over what seems to be the more divisive issue of Lindsey, I am very much undecided about her. In theory, I really like the idea of her character and I think such a character could - and hopefully will - add a lot to the show. Throughout season 2 though, she was just a little too inconsistent a character, the delivery of her was a bit off and character development wasn't helped by what felt like forced scripting.

Final complaints over the series include the unecessary killing of Aiden and how the main emphasis of the end of the series seemed to be on having as many characters as possible going through traumatic experiences. Sure, 'Run Silent Run Deep' and 'All Access' were very good episodes, but it didn't feel as though they naturally developed from what went before or were concluded very well afterwards. I will refer to 'Without a Trace's episode 'Fall Out' for how I think such episodes can be carried out superbly.

But yes, I have rambled on long enough and from reading what I have just written, it sounds as though I hated Season 2. I didn't - honest! It was very enjoyable viewing: maybe the adventurous nature of the script writers of CSI: Vegas and the brilliance of the first season left me expecting too much? Nevertheless, I have much higher expectations of Season 3.

And yes, I know, I am rather late in voting on this but Season 2 only recently finished in the UK and I have been rather slow in signing up for an account here!

I've seen most of season2 and i loved it!
i just bought the first half of it on DVD yesterday and watched all night Brilliant! i give it an A

I gave season 2 an A. There were some episodes I wasn't keen on but there were some really great episodes that really stood out for me.

I loved this season a lot because of that girl from Montana she's very cute and funny !! but I rate it 'A' because Mac hasn't lead them like season 1 .. I think Danny was leading them the most !

Overall, I give the whole season an A+. It was action-packed from beginning to end. I am so looking forward to season 3 and seeing Flack up walking around again.

MBGrissom said:
Ah well, I'm hoping for bigger and better things from Hawkes in s3.

*giggles* My mind immediatly(sp) went to the gutter after the word "bigger".

Seriously though if the writers were planning to bring in a new character they just should've left Hawkes back in the morgue. I would even settle if they gave him bathroom duty as long as he got more screentime! That was a bad call on the writers part. Here's this guy with great potential and they give push him aside for the newbie. Don't even get me started on the lack of Flack's screentime who is another fab character...

jorja_fan86 said:
*giggles* My mind immediatly(sp) went to the gutter after the word "bigger".
:lol:that doesn't surprise me.
I loved this season better than the first. Yeah we lost Aiden but we got introduced to a Lindsay, who I love so much, than we finally got to see what connection Danny had with Tanglewood.
I give it a A-.

i gave season2 an A+. i think its great how they have changed things up with this season and jus taken it to a "dark" place" so to speak! wat with stella n flacks unfortunate-ness!! i think its also great how they are jus making the whole danny and lindsey story stretch out, with all the flirting n stuff.. if it was jus smack bang there ya go then it would get to tiring to watch! i think its great the way that with every episode danny n lindsey get closer, and its never the same! i know season 3 is jus guna get hotter n hotter and i cant wait!!!
xx

A+ :)
I think it's a lot better than S1. Not for the scripts, but for the visual presentation of the show.
Colors are amazing, they're all dressed like models :lol:
The directors did a great job, some lab scenes are fantastic... :)

I give it a A-. I think Danny has blossomed into a great supporting character, and that Sinise is pure genius as Mac - TV is a medium made for this actor. However, I've yet to warm to Lindsay, and I'm still not sure how I feel about Dr. Hawkes being in the field. Also, Flack should get more screentime - it's a testament to Eddie Cahill that, with his limited material, he manages to convince you that Flack is the most interesting character supporting Mac. Hopefully, this will be rectified in the third season.

Apologies if I have simply repeated other people's posts.

Back