Grade Season Two

I gave it an A, because all together it is a good show. A lot of new elements were in this season. From Lindsay, to Aiden's Death, to Stella being a victim, a lot was new this season.

I give this season a B+. I think this season was pretty good. They're were some pros and cons, but over all quite good.

I gave it an A. I really liked this season, although some eps were completly boring. Like Cool Hunter. Downright disapointing.Like Heros.And great episodes like Trapped.

Love the character of Lindsay. Wow a nice, quiet, CSI. Blasphemy! Is that aloud?? :rolleyes:

For the love of God don't bring back the gawd awful blue tint!! I would hate to know that all of NY's evidence is going to such a dirty, low-lighted area as the one in the first season. This season is so much brighter. I can actually watch it with the light on, so I dont have to keep the light off just to make out the faces.

I also liked this season cause they seemed more like human beings instead of work machines. They seemed a little more real, albeit the little character development. Except for Danny, because Danny is everything!

One big problem: Where was the Flack? One episode and it was the finale?

Okay, I don't expect to add anything new to these well thought out answers, but here's my take: I give it overall a B+. Here is my assessment:

Good things

1. I love Gary Sinise, and I'm glad they gave him some emotion and variance of attitude this season. The man can act (I've loved him since The Stand on TV), and last year they made him too rigid.
2. Carmine's character has grown. He was NOT my favorite last year (the character, always loved the actor) but this year he has grown into a more complex thoughtful character.
3. Hammerbeck is a stitch. Love him. MORE PLEASE!
4. I know many don't agree but I actually like Lindsay. There's a "bad" caveat, so read on.
4. This show is different from the others. From the beginning, TPTB said they wanted this incarnation to be more character driven. This year I think they demonstrated that.

Bad stuff

1. They need to spread around the stories, even if it means we get less Carmine time next year. Flack and Hawkes are wonderful characters and they need to be featured more. I know most everyone agrees, so I'll shut up now.
2. Stop the victimization of the females! Stella - all access - no need to say more, and Aiden, poor Aiden - did they have to kill her? If so, that way? Note to writers: you can given women a storyline without having them beaten/raped/murdered.
3. These writers need to pace themselves. I mean, I am a Lindsay fan BUT they did give her too much screen time at the expense of others. They set this actress and character up for a fall for many by doing this. As much as I like the character, I recognize the frustration of those who don't. Aiden was well-loved by many, and to bring someone so different in and then show her all the time was destined to get bad reactions.

I voted for an "A" grade because it hasn't finished in the uk yet. We've got two more episodes left, I think. But it has been very good so far. My favourite episode was Run Silent Run Deep because of Danny's relationship with Mac and his brother. Even though we don't see them interact with each other.

At first I didn't like Lindsey at first but her character has grown on me but she's still not my favourite. My favourite is still Danny but I like Hawkes as a CSI because he's more funny.

I can't remember my least favourite episode. I voted for Stuck on you on another message board. :D

-------------------------------------

"What we gain by science is, after all, sadness." - Thomas Hardy.

Radical618 said:
I gave it an A, because all together it is a good show. A lot of new elements were in this season. From Lindsay, to Aiden's Death, to Stella being a victim, a lot was new this season.

If anything, those three reasons are why I'd fail it.

^ Same here. I hated Stella being a victim (way to undercut the show's toughest character for cheap thrills), Aiden's death was cheap, and Lindsay is an abomination of a character. By far those were the three things I liked least about the season.

Interesting how we're all watching the same show and yet have such different opinions on it.
I loved the first and second seasons of "NY," but I preferred the second season overall. I liked all the characters and the fact that they all get along together. I enjoyed the cases and the humor. Loved the development of the relationship between Danny and Lindsay.
The only thing I didn't really like was the blatant "sexing up" of the show...so many dead, half-naked, pretty women...even my husband was creeped out that they were showing dead bodies in a sexy way!
Still, it's my favorite show on TV right now. I gave it an A-.

Yeap, you are right . I hope that in s3 will see more interaction between them ... like going out somewhere...or something like that

I gave this season a B-....i think there were alot of good things about it, like Hawkes moving to the field, the great emotional episodes like RSRD and the one where Aiden is found, and i absolutely loved the season finale. However...some of the writing was really weak, like in RSRD when the B plot only took away from what i really wanted to see, which was the Tanglewood followup. I also really do not like Lindsay...maybe its me comparing her to Aiden, but she really seems like she doesnt fit in in the city at all, and it seems like the writers are tring to force the relationship between Danny and her. Did we really need another CSI in season 2? We had Hawkes, and i think he would have done fine without adding another character so quickly after Aiden.

anyway...i hope that season 3 is a lot better.

I still can't help feeling bitter about the fact that Hawkes was a rookie in S2 as well, but they never mentioned it past the first two episodes. Lindsay had been a CSI for three years in Montana, and Hawkes had never been one before, but it was like he was suddenly an old-hand at the CSI business by the third episode. Are we supposed to assume that some time has passed, because otherwise I just don't see it. And it pisses me off because they could have had some of the mentor-rookie interaction between Hawkes and Mac that they did with Lindsay. And now, as many people have pointed out, Hawkes isn't a rookie anymore and the opportunity is lost. :( I loved that stuff in the first few episodes. *sniff*

Back