Grade "Grounds for Deception"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 13, 2009.

?

How would you grade Grounds for Deception?

1. A+

28 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. A

14 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. B

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. B-

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  7. C+

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  8. C

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  9. C-

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  11. D

10 vote(s)
    9.7%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

10 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Ceindreath
    you got a point :bolian:!

About the Bonasera name, Italy invaded Greece during II World War so it would be very plausible Stella's grandfather was in the army and later she received her last name from her mother who had not family left

That could explain why her last name is italian. And i don't know why she wasn't sent back to Greece considering Stella was born there. probably because nobody knew for sure she was Greek, maybe she leartnt about her inheritage later when she found professor papakota at St basil

Regarding his feelings, if he was a smuggler back then i doubt he would want to be in charge of a baby. Maybe he took Stella to the orphanage after her mother died and that's why Stella was raised in the states and she wasn't sent back to Greece

Someone above asked why Mac went to Greece. Simply. He loves her:bolian: After Peyton dumped him , Mac told Don he never was going to leave US again.
    But he did and he made it clear:thumbsup: He already told her Because " i care about you"

And yes, it would be a waste not to put them together (funny is they are NOT together yet) but if this is the idea for following seasons (Gary mentioned S7 or S8 in an interview) it WAS ABOUT TIME!:bolian:

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

The only person that really knew Stellas identity in the states was PP. And maybe he wanted to keep her here because he could keep an eye on her from "Afar". Stella referred to him as her guardian angel so she grew up with him without knowing where he came from. Her father might not have married her mother but mom gave her the last name. And as far as not sending her back to Greece who would they send her to and how would they find them? My friends husband was dropped off at an orphanage when he was two and still does not know who his parents are. He had a sister find him a year ago through the internet but that was only because she knew he existed through her pursuit. They still do not know family though. Sense Stella had no sister or brother and only PP in her life and he was careful not to reveal his identity it is plauseible, the storyline.

3. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

This episode was a little hokey.

The baby (Lucy :adore: ) was so cute, but she should not be at the lab. Ugh!

I've never been to Greece, but I guess CBS did a good job with the backlot set.

So, we find out who Stella's mother was. I guess next season we'll find out who her father is/was.

Was it just my imagination or did that "ancient" painting look like a poster when the Greek official was unrolling it?

I wonder how Stella ended up in the American foster care system if her mother was from Greece.

Tragic Greek ending with the professor dying in Stella's arms.

After reading everyone's comments... There is no way Stella could pass for 34. She's a lovely, striking, beautiful woman, but she definitely looks like she's at least 40. And Mac looks like he's at least 50.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  4. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I don't think she was on maternity leave as she stated that Mac was paying her to work part-time... what would be the point of that if he wanted her to stay home all the time? She's just working fewer hours than everyone else, for whatever reason (maybe her trip to Montana?) she didn't seem to really spend a lot of time on maternity leave, she probably took a few days.

The US has no law that employers have to pay maternity leave. You can take up to 12 weeks unpaid leave, that's it.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Was there any indication of the date when Lucy was born? We know the date was May 20 when Angell died, but do we know Lucy's birthdate? I ask this because maybe they jumped ahead in the time line and Lucy was older than a week old in the episode. It would make sense that Lindsay would bring her to meet the co-workers if she was a bit older and it would also make sense that Lindsay was back part time at the lab if she was a bit older.

6. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

If I can jump in here for a minute...good point about the timeline. I think they must have jumped forward several weeks. She did say she was working part time which is a common way for a new mother to ease back into the workplace and ease a baby into childcare. The baby actually looked several weeks old as well, even though she was still wearing the pink cap from the hospital. Not sure if that was a casting thing or what, but Baby Lucy appeared to me to be focusing well and smiling like she was responding well to the people around her. That's not normally a reaction you see from a newborn or even a baby a couple of weeks old.

7. PerfectAnomaly

That's true. But on TV babies are usually born 6 mos. old, so TPTB could just as easily want us to believe Lucy was only a week old. :wtf: :lol: I prefer to think they jumped the timeline. I can't see a week old baby being able to sit in one of the carrier thingies Danny had strapped on without their head flopping all over the place.

8. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Mac seemed to be surprised to see Lindsay in the lab and asked what she was doing there which I interpreted as she wasn't due back from maternity just yet. When you take maternity or sick leave and decide to come back early you either need a doctors note (for sick leave) or to written permission from you supervisor (for maternity leave) to return early or the insurance company can claim legally you shouldn't have been there and are therefore not covered etc. I guess it wasn't clear either way in the episode, another thing on a long list of ambigious points for CSI:NY.

9. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

M'kay, first off, a note to Melina:
    Nice try for your first time out. Yes, a lot of us love this episode as much as we love a root canal, but "A" for effort! :thumbsup: Keep trying ... No one hits it out of the park the first time around.
    Now, let me take the reigns off! What the hell was that??!! :wtf: Honestly, I tried, I mean really tried to like this because this was such a personal effort by Melina and about her character. But there is no way in hell I could suspend my intelligence or even common sense enough to look past that drivel. The kid in the lab (for the love of God, no), Melina in a wig playing her mother (now that was cheesy at best, painful at worst), both Stella and Mac jetting off to Greece at a moment's notice (wow, I didn't know there were that many flights heading out of the U.S. to Greece at concord jet speeds. What did they do, hook up with Richard Branson? :rolleyes:), Mac letting all of Stella's indiscretions go (felling a little tingle in the trousers, are we Mac?), Alexander the Great's tomb (really, I mean really?), and the shootout and the professor's death at the end (cue the crying scene!). If it wasn't for the SMACKed scenes, I would have kicked a hole in my TV! I love, love Mac and Stella, but I just can't ignore that. It wasn't "Waterworld" bad, but it was bad.

10. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

Dyscalculia

11. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

*Sighs* A pretty downright bad episode. Was expecting much better, much better. Seriously, who the hell brings a newborn infant to the lab with all of the DANGEROUS GUNS, CHEMICALS...pretty much a little child's nightmare:wtf: :scream: :wtf: :scream: I really hope Melina did not write that part:shifty: I don't think she did though; she's probably not that stupid since she's the mom of 2 girls...so I guess experience with children counted while writing this episode:shifty:
    I really did feel like smashing my computer monitor...:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::brickwall: :brickwall::brickwall: The good thing was that I now appreciate the writers even more...the sad thing is that this is not the only downright bad episode in this season...which was written by ACTUAL WRITERS :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall: (God, I'm using this smiley too many times...:rolleyes: Oh well...)

12. gregsandersfan

gregsandersfan Pathologist

I agree that this episode was pretty silly in a lot of things, but I actually enjoyed it, I was entertained as ridiculous as it was. :guffaw:

I also thought there was a nice vibe between Stella and Mac, although I agree as well that he should have been more outraged about her actions.

13. Duke

Duke Witness

PerfectAnomaly, I haven't seen the ep [it's on here tonight], and I wasn't looking forward to it, given all the bad reviews I've heard/read. But after reading your "review" I have to say I'm looking forward now! :) You made me laugh so much, so thank you. Brilliant.

14. PerfectAnomaly

It's gratifying to know I can amuse someone other than myself once in a while. :) :p

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

heh, those two posts made me :guffaw::guffaw:

heh, me too :)

that was my thought on it too - if it's a uk based thing from the states, they could be setting the show in the shetlands or something and you'd still get a shot of tower bridge just to make sure people knew approximately what country they were meant to be in :lol:

yeah i thought that too.

i thought that desk assignment line was quite funny, the way it was delivered, like he was trying to think of something worse than a desk assignment to shout at stella, that made me laugh even though it probably wasn't meant to :)

for the record i quite enjoyed it! there were plot holes left right and centre, all of which have been mentioned here (and the blooper where mac shot the guy and he fell on his back but when mac checked if he was dead he was lying on his front :rolleyes:) but i was able to suspend disbelief for a while and i enjoyed it :) i've never been much of a smack proponent but it almost changed my mind! i liked their interaction a lot - including the bits where they were fighting.