Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

• Total voters
Totally did not suspect the lawyers ("Killing clients can't be good for business" - YAY Mac, great line!).

GASP! No one called me on this mistake - it was Flack, not Mac. Oh, how could I make that mistake?!

haha, I would never even have noticed that. A friend of mine was talking to me about things that happend in the episode, and I was like "What? When was that?" Apparently I wasn't paying much attention during it, stupid history paper...
Oh well, at least you caught it before somebody else did. :)

Late as usual, but this time I get to put my two cents in. I graded this episode with an A- simply because at some stage I felt a bit bored by the case. Again, for the millionth tine Adam managed to be the spark of the episode. AJ's performance as Adam was spotless yet again. I must say that it broke my heart when Adam was in the locker room and he was staring at his name tag. Cheers for TPTB to give him a storyline. Stella was a bit tough in the beginning, and for a second I actually thought that she might play the bad guy for a second, but in the end she turned out to be more than helpful. Anyway, thanks to Hawkes I will postpone my trip to San Francisco I planned to take in January due to closure :p That was the best excuse ever (I should use something like that when I want to take a day off).

Next I will join in all the voices that said: brink back Danny's glasses! Come on..I cannot stress more the fact that the glasses were an integrating part of the character. Now when Danny will use the microscope what would he put on his forehead?!

Mac made a mistake *breath in* *breathe out* So yes, Mac Taylor is indeed human. Nice to see that. Next maybe he can catch a cold or something.

Moving on, I am pleased to see that the lawyers were the ones to commit the crimes, and as Danny well put it in the interrogation scence, I was torn between saying that they did the right thing, and to blame them for taking away 3 lives. To be absolutely honest, I say yes, they did the right thing. For the first time in this show, I can sympathize only with the killers and actually say that the victims had it coming.

I graded this episode A+, it was thoroughly entertaining and I really like how it ended. The ending scene showed a lot about the characters and how strong their relationships are. This strong bond between them evidently shows that Adam is not going anywhere. I think it is safe to say it is just a new storyline that will strengthen the character. I agree that what Sheldon said was quite funny, how San Francisco is closed in January. Haha!

I have to say that Danny kind of had his own funny parts too, other than with Flack and the drug dealer they were tailing.

He had to pull the Christopher Walken voice when talking about the guns he was going to test:

Adam: Can I ask what you're going to be doing?
Danny, picking up the evidence bags with the guns: B-ang, B-ang.

:guffaw:

I graded this episode A+, it was thoroughly entertaining and I really like how it ended. The ending scene showed a lot about the characters and how strong their relationships are. This strong bond between them evidently shows that Adam is not going anywhere. I think it is safe to say it is just a new storyline that will strengthen the character. I agree that what Sheldon said was quite funny, how San Francisco is closed in January. Haha!

Haha. I loved what they did for Adam.

I'm a week late on this one but thought I'd throw my thoughts in anyway before the thread disappears from the page.

Overall, I thought this was the best episode of the season so far, so it gets a grade of A- from me. I still couldn't quite give it the full A, however, for reasons to be covered later.

I thought there was an interesting thru line in this episode. The System. It was nearly another character, not just an abstract background or framework. It was something each struggled within, fought against, discussed, confronted, negotiated, questioned.
Excellent point. Thematically, this episode was well-written and the case itself was interesting. I also thought the writer(s) did a great job of balancing screentime and giving almost all the main and guest characters relevant, meaty scenes. Not sure who wrote this one, but hopefully, that writer will get some more opportunities with this series.

I was pleasantly surprised at how Adam's storyline was handled -- no obvious bad guy and no easy solution. And AJ Buckley and the writers managed to inject some humor into the situation while still making me sympathize with Adam's plight. Nice scenes at the end, too, with individual team members giving up their vacation in a show of support for Adam.

As usual Flack had some good scenes. Loved his and Hawkes' Scooby Doo references. His playground interrogation scene with Danny also worked well. It's always interesting to see how different facets of Flack's personality seem to come out depending on whom he is partnered with at the time.

And looks like someone finally remembered that Mac and Stella are supposed to be partners and close friends. Cute scene at the end with them going to dinner. Their "fight" also was interesting. As someone mentioned elsewhere, I think that's how their relationship works -- they give each other the support and/or challenge needed. And in this case, Mac was the one in danger of losing objectivity and going off on a tangent, so Stella had to rein him back in. Sometimes I think the writers try so hard to avoid romantic overtones between these two that they end up neglecting their relationship too much, which is a shame imo, because it's one of the strong points of the series.

There were a few things that kept me from giving this ep a full A.

While the lawyers as murderers premise was a nice twist, it seemed a bit much to have all three lawyers involved. For a normally law abiding person of conscience to knowingly decide to commit murder seems like a major moral and psychological shift, and it's hard to believe that all three lawyers made that shift at the same time, now matter how sympathetic the victim. Did none of the three lawyers have families of their own that would be impacted if they were caught and convicted of murder?

Also, the temporary vacation solution was a bit murky. I understand that the vacation hours (and pay) were somehow administratively transferred to Adam, but seems like it still wouldn't help the overall budget unless each of the CSI's actually took a week off from work without pay. So what did they mean by asking to be put back on the schedule -- would Mac actually put them back in the rotation but with some type of reduced schedule???

Re: Lindsay's comment....I agree it didn't really fit -- too personal and rather tacky. Perhaps this was just another way that the writer(s) were trying to have her fit in as "one of the guys?"

Anyway, there was much more good than bad in this one, and I hope the writers can keep the overall quality up going into sweeps.

Also, the temporary vacation solution was a bit murky. I understand that the vacation hours (and pay) were somehow administratively transferred to Adam, but seems like it still wouldn't help the overall budget unless each of the CSI's actually took a week off from work without pay. So what did they mean by asking to be put back on the schedule -- would Mac actually put them back in the rotation but with some type of reduced schedule???
I think it comes down to the fact that, if they were on vacation, two salaries would be paid for the same amount of work.

Say Hawkes takes a week of vacation and gets paid. During that week, Lab Tech #2 works however-many hours in Hawkes' place and also gets paid. So that's two salaries in one week: 1 vacation salary + 1 work salary

Meanwhile, if Hawkes gives up his vacation and goes back on the schedule, he would be getting paid, but Lab Tech #2 wouldn't be required to work those hours and they wouldn't have to pay a second salary for that week: so it's just 1 work salary.

That's how it works in my mind, anyway - so theoretically, Danny, Lindsay, Hawkes and Stella each giving up a week of paid vacation time adds an extra four weeks of salary pay to keep Adam around for an extra month.

I could be wrong, but that's how I figure it works. (It's not exact, of course, since Lab Tech #2 probably still works, and the extra hours would probably be divided up among multiple people....)

I know that in some work places people can take pay in lieu of vacation days, so if they don't take their full allocation then they would normally be entitled to be paid for it instead. Sadly we don't get that where I work, which is a shame as I always have extra days I haven't gotten around to taking, but if they do something similar then giving up a week of vacation each could technically save the department money. I can't see how anything else really, actually saves money.

Meh, I don't know. It's all just a convenient and nice way of suggesting that the team pulled together to save Adam, and give them longer to sort out a viable long term solution for him. I thought it was a little weak, and didn't really make sense, but I can see the point of it, although I would have personally preferred something less confusing and more concrete. :lol: ;) I'm still looking forward to seeing what else they can come up with to save him. And I still feel sad for the other unseen lab techs who are dispensable. :( :lol:

Thanks for the explanations.:)

I think it comes down to the fact that, if they were on vacation, two salaries would be paid for the same amount of work.

Say Hawkes takes a week of vacation and gets paid. During that week, Lab Tech #2 works however-many hours in Hawkes' place and also gets paid. So that's two salaries in one week: 1 vacation salary + 1 work salary

Meanwhile, if Hawkes gives up his vacation and goes back on the schedule, he would be getting paid, but Lab Tech #2 wouldn't be required to work those hours and they wouldn't have to pay a second salary for that week: so it's just 1 work salary.

That's how it works in my mind, anyway - so theoretically, Danny, Lindsay, Hawkes and Stella each giving up a week of paid vacation time adds an extra four weeks of salary pay to keep Adam around for an extra month.

I could be wrong, but that's how I figure it works. (It's not exact, of course, since Lab Tech #2 probably still works, and the extra hours would probably be divided up among multiple people....)
Yeah, I get what you're saying....I'm just used to a different model where like you mentioned, when someone goes on vacation, the critical work gets divided among people who would normally be working anyway, so their salaries should already be accounted for. But maybe this CSI office just has a very different model. I'm sure I've spent more time thinking about this than the writers ever expected or wanted me to. :lol:

Meh, I don't know. It's all just a convenient and nice way of suggesting that the team pulled together to save Adam, and give them longer to sort out a viable long term solution for him. I thought it was a little weak, and didn't really make sense, but I can see the point of it, although I would have personally preferred something less confusing and more concrete. :lol: ;) I'm still looking forward to seeing what else they can come up with to save him. And I still feel sad for the other unseen lab techs who are dispensable. :( :lol:
Yeah, I'm sure it was just a plot convenience -- not intended for deep analysis. :) And those unseen lab techs just make the situation even more interesting. In the real world, I doubt Mac and Stella (as supervisors) would do anything like this (shifting vacation hours to save a specific tech) that would make them or the department vulnerable to charges of favoritism and bias. If the department is really letting people go, I think they'd need to be able to show that the process was fair and even-handed for all the techs or possibly risk leaving themselves open to charges. Maybe they should've added a throw-away line to indicate that they also were trying to do something to save the other techs' jobs.

I give it an A!

-Oh, look. Bad things do happen to bad people.

-Danny without glasses.....cute, but just not our Danny somehow. Still, his eyes do look so blue.:drool:

-LOL at Flack and Hawkes's Scooby Doobie Doo conversation, and Flack's joke about Old Man Whatever. Donnie does like his tv and films, as well as his street food.

-LOL at Mac's lawyer joke. He's spending too much time with Flack!

-Eww, bugs. I will get on the chair with Fay while Mac deals with it.

-Mac's damn good at his job, and he knows it. I like that.

-Awww, poor Adam! He was so sweet and nervous and geeky and freaked out. Yay, Mac had no idea. Adam can't go, they need him to work his little butt off doing all the sucky jobs like searching poop and reconstructing lots and lots of glass into bottles. Reminded me of when he had to process all the glass in Heart of Glass. He always gets the crappy jobs. But he's great at them.

-Awww, Mac was so sweet to Adam saying he wasn't going anywhere. Note to all senior-brass-types - do not be messin' with Mac's people!

-Mac was sweet to Maggie. He obviously felt terrible about what happened to her. It's nice to see, like Fay said (i think) that there are things Mac can't control. He can't control the brass's budget-cutting decisions or what happens to evidence and cases when they go to trial. He can't control the actions scumbag drug dealers decide to take to threaten witnesses. It's good to see that however well-intentioned he is when he makes promises, he can't always keep them. Just like the rest of us.

-Petrix Le-what? These dudes have really dumb names.

-Don't mess with Angell ever. And don't ever call her 'bitch'.

-Flack brought Danny his jacket. I'm not a big-time Danny/Flack slash fan, but that scene did give me slashy thoughts.

-LOL, Flack pushed the dude out of the swing. Don't mess with him either. It seems Flack's not as by-the-book as he or others may think. Pushing cocky suspects around is not by the book. But damn it sure is hot.

-LOL at the lab techs all listening in to Mac fighting with Sinclair.

-Mac was very pissed off at a lot of people. He shouldn't be pissy at Stell though. Loved their arguement, and how she was able to make him see reason. I thought it was very interesting that we saw Mac arguing for people and Stella for machines. It shows a real change in Mac and how he puts people before the lab now.

-Adam heard what Stella said, aww, poor baby. I'll hire you if they can't save your job. I can certainly find some uses for a devastatingly handsome lab geek. :devil:

-Ooooh, Mac said a bad word! That's hot, and they are b*stards. It was great to see his frustration with the system.

-Adam got a match! Yay!

-Loved Danny and Flack and Mac's conversation about what they'd do it it was their sister, and great to see that they would do the same as they thought the brothers did. They may not condone vigilante justice as such, but they understand the urge behind it. I think it was very interesting that both Mac and Flack said they would kill the person(s) who hurt their sisters, it shows a different side to them and that they do have emotions.
Also, very realistic IMO in that it showed that sometimes detectives sympathize with the perps, not always just the victims. I don't think vigilantism is right, but I do sympathize with the killers, and I don't think the dealers are any loss to the world.

-Lots of threes in this ep. 3 vics, 3 brothers, 3 lawyers....oh no - it's ....333!!!! :lol:

-Awww, they all gave up their vacations. Mac didn't, but I think he probably wasn't planning to take one, after what happened in London. It was cute that he remembered all their holiday destinations. My boss sometimes can't remember the hours I'm supposed to work. And he's nowhere near as hot as Mac either. *sulks* Seriously, though, it was anice touch, and does show that Mac is now more connected with his team.

-LOL at Hawkes - 'SF is closed in January':lol:

-Mac offering to take Stella for dinner was cute. Loved that she found a way to keep Adam around for a while.

-Maybe Sinclair should leave and go and captain a shrimp boat, then they can use the money that was his salary to keep Adam and the machines.

-Flack brought Danny his jacket. I'm not a big-time Danny/Flack slash fan, but that scene did give me slashy thoughts.
Come to the dark side, we have cookies. :devil:

Come to the dark side, we have cookies. :devil:

Cookies and hot men! :devil: Come on, where did Flack get that jacket? Does he have the combo from Danny's locker, or was it on the floor of his bedroom that morning? :devil: ;)

This ep was one of my favorites this season.

This website is making me overthink when watching this show, I must admit I did immediately think "where did he get that jacket". Though Danny looks like the type to just drop everything at his tail. I used to work in a almost all male environment and 30s yrs old 'boys' are a nightmare to work with, like giant 3 yr olds.

^Danny is definitely a 30-something boy. :lol: But how did Flack know where to find the jacket? :lol: :devil:

^'Cause like you said, it was on his bedrooom floor that morning. Flack, of course, hangs all his suits and jackets and fugly ties up nicely.
Maybe he has Danny's glasses too, or Danny left them on his couch/bed/floor whatever and Flack sat on them. :lol:

Back