Grade 'Consequences'

I voted for an A too!...It was a really nice episode with nice stories!!Both the paintball story and Claire's son!..I was suprised that Mac knew about it though!I hope the story with the kid wasn't only for an episode! :)

I'm going with an A- on this one.

Eddie Cahill and Gary Sinise were fantastic. I can't say it enough--these guys made this episode! Loved Flack's moral dilemma, his clashing with Mac and the fact that he didn't back down. He wasn't wrong. Neither was Mac. There just wasn't an easy answer here, and kudos to the writers for not trying to stick one on to just to wrap things up neatly.

Sinise was also excellent in his scene with Reed. I love how he can communicate so much with his face while saying so little verbally. He's fantastic.

There were some holes--I assume the guy with the ink cartridges was either the dirty cop or the guy he sold the coke to sneaking it away? That wasn't clear. Also, why do I think we've seen or heard of Dean Truby before? Am I wrong, or has mention been made of him in the past?

Loved the alien stuff. A little comic relief in an otherwise heavy episode is never a bad thing. :cool:

Faylinn said:
Ok, I know I'm not a big Lindsay fan, and I think the lab-stuff is much more her thing than the cop stuff (like interrogations)--but what the hell? If Anna is cutting back her work schedule because of the baby, I totally understand, but if not then I'm wondering what in the hell the writers are doing. I don't want to see Danny and Lindsay holding hands and making goo-goo-eyes at each other, but that doesn't mean I want Lindsay to be gone. The character can exist without the office romance--they just need to do the right stuff with her. :rolleyes: I'm sure there are countless ways to cover her pregnancy, people, use them. :rolleyes: If the character is barely around, it's going to seem strange when she's suddenly the focus of an episode or storyline. Do they have no sense of balance with her character? From episode to episode, it seems like she's either in-your-face or nearly-nonexistant (which possibly has more to do with presence than actual screentime...)--and lately it's been much more of the nearly-nonexistant stuff. I sincerely hope the wonky way they're handling Lindsay right now is due totally to Anna's pregnancy and not to shoddy writing skills. That being said, however, some of the things I've noticed so far this season have been promising changes, so I hope they don't totally disregard everything when Anna goes back to a full schedule after having the baby. Lindsay toward the end of season 2 was not at an acceptable place with character development, and I hope the improvements in other areas of the show are extended to Lindsay as well. We've seen a better diversity of character interaction, let's go with that. I'll put my head through the tv if Anna comes back at the end of the season and all we get is more Danny/Lindsay crap and inconsistent characterization. :rolleyes: (And that last part had a lot more to do with the season as a whole than this episode in particular...)

I have to respectfully disagree here. Lindsay is far and away this show's weakest link, and I've found the team seems much more cohesive without her around. She grates on the nerves almost every time she's on screen, so to me these recent episodes with her in the background have felt like a breath of fresh air. I think the show would be better off without her, period, but if she's in the background, at least she doesn't annoy.

^ I understand your point there, Top. :) To re-iterate what I said in that quote, I'm not a big fan of Lindsay--but whatever I feel about the character, I know they aren't going to get rid of her. So I'm just wishing and hoping that they do a better job with her character than they've done in the past. She's done fine in the background these past few episodes, but do we really think they'll keep her there? No, they won't. And if they're going to focus on her sometimes, it might be nice if they acted like she was there the rest of the time. *shrug* I'm not sure that totally makes sense.

the team seems much more cohesive without her around
Which tells me that the writers need to put some effort into making her character mesh with everyone else. They can do it without making her half of a controversial pairing, they can do it without having her characterization jump all over the place, etc.

At this point, I still think the most important thing wasn't delving into her past so much as it should have been establishing her character and getting her settled into the team. They still haven't done that, not to my satisfaction, but we're heading toward finding out what her 'deep, dark secret' is. I wouldn't have a problem with this if I felt that they'd developed her character already.

In any case, what that original statement meant (since I'm not sure I was very clear with it ;)), is that I hope the show's improvements since season 3 extend into Lindsay's character, and that after Anna's maternity leave is over and Lindsay comes back to the show, they don't take a giant leap backwards by putting her character (and other aspects of the show) back the way they were last season. :)

I gave this episode an A. Lots of Flack=a good thing. :D

Poor Flack, he gets to interview all the crazies. :rolleyes: I noticed the second time I watched the episode that when he was interviewing people in the apartment building that there was something "different" going on with each one.

One woman had a big huge dog standing in front of Flack just looking at him. Another had a little kid who kept running around Flack and when Flack looked down one way the kid ran the other way and finally ran back into the apartment. Then there was the one with what I guess was a box. I couldn't tell if the person was holding the box or if they had the box on their head.

Mac questioning Flack about the drugs was very intense. Mac knows what an upstanding detective that Flack is and I don't think for one minute he thought Flack did anything wrong. I got the feeling that Flack, on the other hand, thought so. The ending scene with Flack sitting at his desk when Mac arrested the dirty cop made me wonder exactly what was going on in Flack's mind. Was he thinking the about when he had to do it to Gavin in The Fall?

The scenes with Danny. Stella, and Adam were good. I've always thought Danny and Stella worked good together but adding Adam to the mix...that's a good thing too. :p

And what's with Danny? He looked so damn good in this episode that I found it hard to concentrate on the case. I don't know what he's doing, but please keep it up. I could stare at that man all day. :devil:

I gave it an A-

Mac and Flack, Mac and Flack *hugs them both*

Totally loved the scene between Mac & Reed as well. Can't say enough about Gary's acting. He was just superb. I confess, I cried :lol:

ranma, you're not the only one who cried during that scene! I have a few friends on another board who just started watching NY "regularly" this season, so they aren't quite as emotionally invested in the characters yet, but all three of them admitted to reaching for the tissue box, in that scene. Both guys did an amazing job.

Faylinn said:
^ I understand your point there, Top. :) To re-iterate what I said in that quote, I'm not a big fan of Lindsay--but whatever I feel about the character, I know they aren't going to get rid of her. So I'm just wishing and hoping that they do a better job with her character than they've done in the past. She's done fine in the background these past few episodes, but do we really think they'll keep her there? No, they won't. And if they're going to focus on her sometimes, it might be nice if they acted like she was there the rest of the time. *shrug* I'm not sure that totally makes sense.

the team seems much more cohesive without her around
Which tells me that the writers need to put some effort into making her character mesh with everyone else. They can do it without making her half of a controversial pairing, they can do it without having her characterization jump all over the place, etc.

At this point, I still think the most important thing wasn't delving into her past so much as it should have been establishing her character and getting her settled into the team. They still haven't done that, not to my satisfaction, but we're heading toward finding out what her 'deep, dark secret' is. I wouldn't have a problem with this if I felt that they'd developed her character already.

In any case, what that original statement meant (since I'm not sure I was very clear with it ;)), is that I hope the show's improvements since season 3 extend into Lindsay's character, and that after Anna's maternity leave is over and Lindsay comes back to the show, they don't take a giant leap backwards by putting her character (and other aspects of the show) back the way they were last season. :)

I definitely get what you mean, and if I thought the character was redeemable, I'd absolutely feel the same way. We saw glimpses of a more charming Lindsay in the middle of season two, but they were brief and seem to be long forgotten. I guess that's why I feel she's best in the background, or not around at all. I find I'm really looking forward to the character's absense, and I'm interested to see what the show will be like without her there at all. I have a feeling it will be an improvement--as you pointed out, they never seem to be able to fit her in without the huge, heavy drama, which doesn't work for her.

I gave this an A. The woman who thought she had an alien in her bathtub really cracked me up. Sad, but still funny.

Back