Grade 'Consequences'

What on earth happened to the paintball dude? Is he dead?
Stella made a passing comment about him being alright when she and Flack(?) were walking down the hallway, I think. He didn't die. :)

Wow...first of all, I LOVED this episode...i've been waiting for more emotional episodes like this ever since last year's RSRD, and i'm glad to say that i wasn't disapointed :) everything tied together in this episode; the bear trap, the "aliens", the moon rock...i loved it :) But that wasn;t even my favorite part...my favorite part was the entire Flack vs. Mac thing that was going on. Eddie Cahill was EXCELLENT; all he had to do at the end was give that look as they were taking that dirty cop away...amazing...the whole episode he and Mac had great chemistry-i'm glad he's finally getting some screen time and more of his own storylines.

Speaking of Mac...i loved the scene with him and his stepson in the diner...it was so sad...i was under the impression that Mac had no idea that he had a stepson--the fact that he already knew kind of defered me a little bit, but it was still a great moment. Ecspecially at the end, when he tries to keep in touch with him but he just walks away...

The little comedic quirks in the episode were great, too--Danny and Adam are funny, that whole fist bumping thing was so funny :lol: :lol: They have some good chemistry going on, and i hope the writers dont forget that.

Anyway, if u havent already guessed, this episode was my favorite this season...:D and i can't wait for more Flack angst....:D:D:D:D

"my favorite part was the entire Flack vs. Mac thing that was going on. Eddie Cahill was EXCELLENT; all he had to do at the end was give that look as they were taking that dirty cop away...amazing...the whole episode he and Mac had great chemistry-i'm glad he's finally getting some screen time and more of his own storylines."

^^I'm with you on that one... 'bout friggin time! Eddie is so much better an actor than we get to see on most of the episodes. His talents are definitely under-utilised. This episode was great because of the Flack-centric storyline. More please, TPTB!!!

The Danny/Chad exchange was pretty hilarious. That was probably my favourite bit ... the rest was a little far-fetched. At least they're getting better at doing the personal thing.

I just watched this episode again and Eddie's performance, the part at the end, brought tears to my eyes. To me that's when you know a scene like that is well done, is when it impacts you on an emotional level.

Did you all read the review of this episode? If not, definitely do.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned the comedy zoom-out after they find the guy in the bath-tub.

I laughed my head off when I saw that...........

I watched it yesterday night at 1am because I was busy during the day :rolleyes:
Well, I lost some hours of sleep... but I have no regret! :D

Rated A. It's a good episode. All the team in the same strange case.

More Danny, YAY!!! :lol: and the scenes with Adam? Expecially the one with the moon's rock :lol:
A lot of Flack (again a door-to-door funny scene :lol:), I really like the Mac-Flack dialogues :)
Touching scene of Mac at the bar, after his stepson left :(

Really really liked the episode!!! :D

That was an amazing episode with fabulous performances by both Eddie and Gary. I don't think any of it was far-fetched -- the crazy woman had a mental break of some kind and worked at NASA so it makes sense that she may have stolen property from work. Either that or she was snorting ground-up moon rocks.

Gary's very subtle and very real performance at the appearance of Claire's son left me a little heartbroken for them both. I hope that Reed does in fact take advantage of Mac's offer to get to know him a little better.

Was that a shade of the old Danny coming back a little bit? His interactions with Adam were pretty funny and lightened up the overall serious tone of the episode. Overall, quite well done, especially in comparison to the drivel we've seen in a couple of episodes this season.

Springmoon said:
That was an amazing episode with fabulous performances by both Eddie and Gary. I don't think any of it was far-fetched -- the crazy woman had a mental break of some kind and worked at NASA so it makes sense that she may have stolen property from work. Either that or she was snorting ground-up moon rocks.

Gary's very subtle and very real performance at the appearance of Claire's son left me a little heartbroken for them both. I hope that Reed does in fact take advantage of Mac's offer to get to know him a little better.

Was that a shade of the old Danny coming back a little bit? His interactions with Adam were pretty funny and lightened up the overall serious tone of the episode. Overall, quite well done, especially in comparison to the drivel we've seen in a couple of episodes this season.

Flack was outstanding. Not wanting to believe one of his own was dirty & Mac trying to protect him by Flack not crossing the line just to protect one of his own. At least that's the way I saw it. Mac wanting to be there for his late wife's son was soooo touching. I'm hoping we'll see more of him. Over all I loved it.

Finally, a Flack-centric episode where he is not incapacitated, yay!! Anyway, I thought "Consequences" was a great episode, there was so much tension between Mac and Flack I thought my tv screen might shatter. You could see both of them understanding the other's point of view but not wanting to budge from their beliefs. Although Mac had to lean on him pretty hard, it's good that Flack finally let him see his memo book, though you could see it broke his heart to do it. I'm also glad that the writers have Mac really stand up for the integrity of the lab even if he comes off as a hard-ass much of the time. At least we know NY runs a tight ship unlike *cough, cough* Miami (which I have fun watching anyway). :D

As for the comment earlier about Flack being a homicide detective and doing a drug bust, all I can say is in CSI-land everyone's an expert in everything. Suspension of disbelief.

I thought the continuity with Mac was also done very well, we get to see a bit more about how he's dealing with Claire's death, while also finding out new things about their life together. I was surprised at first that Mac didn't whip out a picture of Claire to show Reed, but then I remembered that he threw everything away except the beach ball. I felt awful for Mac that Reed didn't take his number, I don't think Reed realized that Mac saw him as his only connection to Claire.

Gave it an A-.

1. Mac and Stella. I dunno I just kind of like the idea that Reed thought she was Mac's wife. ^^
2. Mac and Flack. To be able to confront each other like that shows their professionalism and how close they are as friends.
3. Stella's reaction when she asked for the "alien".

That alien twist was unexpected. Good thing I didn't read the spoilers. :D

And Anna's playing hide-the-baby-bump with the cameras. :D

I rated it A+. I liked Reed and how they revealed Mac's past a little about Claire and how she got pregnant before. It was mysterious and kept me watching a little more. The thing with Mac and Flack was good too. How Flack was upset that Mac would think he didn't do his job well enough was good. The "Alien" plotline was funny. I felt so bad for the crazed woman though and the husband, especially when he said "That woman is not my wife."

The cases were both very good and the stalker-plotline was handled well. I also really liked how Danny was worried about Stella when she spotted Reed from afar. It really showed how the team cares about each other. I love how they all seem to be aware of each other. Lots of CSI's don't have normal family life and they have family in each other. They find comfort and trust each other. They care for one another and have a great relationship. That's what I love about this show!

Voted A

Liked the great mix of humor and drama and excellent acting.

The idea of two guys playing paint ball and both ending up as a victim to a different crime was a bit far fetched, but the way it was all explained was excellent.

The kid following his "mother" for a week and never realising she did not go 'home' once was strange. But it can be explained by him being so happy to have finally found her that he was not thinking straight.

Why didn't Mac invite him to his home when the kid asked him what Claire had looked like? Hope this will be continued.

Since Reed only saw Stella leaving the apartment the one time, he may have been operating under the assumption that his "mother" and her husband were divorced.

Stella knew she was being followed and she told Mac that it was first when she left his place, then noticed him following her on the subway and several times when she left work. There's a good possibility that he wasn't a full time stalker. He picked her up coming out of the address he was given. He followed her to her work. Then he picked up the trail there again.

Stella's work is busy and has lots of people around. A much better place for a kid to hang around and watch for her. He may very well never have gone back to the house at all. Besides if he was following her during the day, that's the only place he would see her. And, after all, he was watching her for no more than a week.

This eppy left a lot of unanswered questions. Why was Reed obsessed about Claire, but didn't seem to care at all about his biological father? Mac said that he got rid of everything that is Claire's but he still lives in the same house they lived in together. Why? If Claire was some 10 years younger than Mac (as the show seems to indicate) how did they meet?

I'm really hoping that we get more of Mac's backstory and interaction with Reed.

Back