Grade 'Commuted Sentences'

I looked at this ep as an homage to some of the things that attracted me to this franchise in the first place: Not necessarily the flashy graphics or sorely overused CGI, or the "pwetty people" who populate the screen, but the science, the forensics, the cool (or not so cool) stuff that goes on behind-the-scenes in order for the pwetty CSIs to actually capture the bad guys & gals. I think CSI NY does the best job of the 3, of trying to integrate more science/forensics into the storyline as consistently as possible, although Miami does a pretty good job of it, too.

Loved Adam & Kendall's scene with Mac! I don't really see them as necessarily flirty or Adam suffering from "Unrequited Crush", but more of two very intelligent geeky types who found eachother and ended up as very, very good friends - but they happen to be attractive people of the opposite sex, which always throws a bit of a twist into the friendship, even if it's one without benefits, or without any real attraction as possible mates. I like that they can toy with eachother a bit, both physically & intellectually. I've had many male friends like that; we're best friends, we can tease and berate eachother good naturedly, but the teasing belies the close friendship beneath. That's how I see Adam/Kendall. I thought the "baby fat" comment was pretty funny, although I don't think dear, adorable Adam has a thing to worry about! Loved Mac playing "Muffin Man" and tossing our favorite lab-lad a sweet morsel to eat, before he expired.

Flack & Angell...oooooh my, how hot was thatscene?!! :eek: They played off eachother so naturally, it was amazing. And Eddie really did look like he was blushing, :lol: I literally laughed out loud when the overbearing publisher, Amber Stanton, "made" them as they were supposed to be watching her, and dropped off a copy of her day's itinerary. Flack & Angell's reactions were priceless. :D

I enjoyed Danny & Lindsay's interaction for the most part, both looked like they were enjoying themselves immensely in the scenes outside the museum. Their slightly sarcastic banter was reminiscent of how they were together back in second season, and I liked them that way. There was some mild flirting that crept in last night, but I didn't find it overt enough to be annoying.

Other posters have already mentioned the other things I enjoyed: Hawkes & Sid, love watching those two work together! Flack in a shortie-kevlar vest is divine. Mac & Stella, always some good interaction between those two (loved Mac's comment to Stella, "You can just say...hairspray." :lol:)

All in all, I thought it was a well-crafted episode. I love the high action eps like "Snow Day", but I find episodes like this one, that concentrate on the nitty-gritty behind the action, often equally as compelling, when done well. And I thought "Commuted Sentences" was done well.

I loved that scene with him and Angell, they really have chemistry. I also loved that Flack looked for a stray hair.

YAY! No Drew OR 333!

I have to admit, I really enjoyed the sling shot scene with Danny and Lindsay, especially when Lindsay said she used to shoot at boys! :lol: But I really didn't need another Montanna reference. Danny's nickname is enough.(His calling her Dennis the Menace was pretty cute too.)

As for the cases, I understand why they felt driven to that point, and I know there are areas of gray, but murder is still wrong. You just can't do that in the real world. But I do hope her sentence can at least be reduced.

As I already said, I did love the scene with Angell and Flack, but here is my question after a re-watch of the scene:

Didn't it seem a little randomly thrown in there?

Yes, they have great chemistry, and no Flack cannot save the day every time by himself, but why is Angell just suddenly there with him? And why haven't we seen them flirt before? And why the over usage of the word "game" this season? Are they setting us up for something in the future or are they just continually reminding us that Flack can get some ass? Like anyone had doubts about this in the first place!

A
I liked it and not only for the character interactions as often before in this season, but also for the case itself.
It reminded me of the LV episode too, and I figured the motive as soon as it showed that the cases were connected, but nevertheless it got me thinking.

There were a couple of really great scenes...

I was looking forward to the flirting scene between Flack and Angell and it was great! Blushing Flack was super cute and the whole scene seemed natural and definitely not forced. And it became even better when Amber got in the car and directly registered the situation… :lol:
Flack really seemed to be in a CSI-mode this time… First finding these ridiculous expensive fake eyelashes or what ever it was? and then collecting the hair from the back seat. :lol:

Adam was great, as always. I thought the scene with him, Kendall and Mac was quite funny. But Adam definitely doesn’t have babyfat!
Kendall herself is kinda meh for me, she just isn’t really convincing for me as a lab tech…

The end scene when Amber and Fern walk past each other I thought was strong. It kinda makes me wonder if they knew each other. It somehow was left open…

I always enjoy when Hawkes (who again hadn’t enough screen time :() and Sid have scenes together, both play it perfectly and it’s always fun to watch…
I don't now why, but I thought Sid sitting on the autopsie table was great. :lol:

I really liked Danny in the two interrogation scenes with Steve Caplan and Amber. He appeared way more annoyed with Caplan than with Amber, although it probably was kind of self-defense, but Danny definitely seemed to have a problem with the fact that the guy could come off once again. He nearly seemed resigned when Caplan was brought away.

The D/L scenes weren’t really annoying, it was okay for me. But as mentioned, there was a lot of flirting in this episode… sometimes less is more… :rolleyes:

I re-watched the episode. Usual random commentary from me. Again, things may have been said before (possibly by myself :p), but this is what I wrote down as I watched:

~ Covered in blood. Oh dear, that doesn't look good.

~ Did they seriously just reuse footage from "Snow Day" when Flack pulled up? Dude, I swear it was. Lame-sauce!

~ Mmm, Flack in kevlar, mmm...*nibbles*

~ A man's tie should not be longer than his vest. Just sayin'.

~ Of course his eyes flicked to her nekkid ass. Bad Flack. *spanky*

~ I think the grey hair is sexy. Don't let anybody convince you to dye it, Eddie.

~ Does this mean you won't name your kid Don Flack III? (My brother is the III--Richard Francis [insert my last name here]. Pretty horrendous name, right?)

~ Pretty fall colors. Too damn many pine trees around here for any real color.

~ Mmm, Stella's boobies. :devil:

~ Danny's looking very pretty.

~ Sheldon is looking very pretty too.

~ Angell is my foxy mama. :devil:

~ Yeah, Danny, stick your ass in Lindsay's face--because that's polite. :rolleyes:

~ Mmm, I love when Sheldon gets all doctor-ly. :p

~ "Leave the gun, take the cannolis"?? :lol:

~ SID! :D

~ LOL, who wants Sid to give them a spongebath? ;) ;)

~ OWOWOWOWOW! >.<

~ Mmm, pissy!Flack :devil:

~ It's Lab Barbie! Hai!

~ Kendall, put your boobies away. I will not be swayed!...*waggles eyebrows*

~ Mac knows about bullfighting...*blink*...riiight.

~ SID AND HAWKES! :D :D

~ I love those two. ^_^

~ Sheldon doesn't mind being wrong. That's hot. ;)

~ "Parting gift" LOL! :lol:

~ Y'all dare to question Sid?!?! THIS IS BLASPHEMY!!

~ 'Specimen', Mac? That would be a lot of pee and ew at it being on a table in the break room. >.<

~ ADAM!

~ Are you more interested in the chocolate or the lady, m'boy? :p

~ Poor Adam, must the humor come at his expense? In front of the boss no less? :(

~ "I'm thinking fake name." Genius. :rolleyes:

~ Glove, Flack! ARGH! Stella, you should know better!

~ *snorgles Adam*

~ 10 grand for some eyelashes? People sure do find ways to waste money, don't they?

~ The ass of your jeans is sagging, Danno.

~ Why don't you go get the first aid kit if you want it so badly?

~ LINDSAY IS FROM MONTANA?! ZOMG RLY?!?!

~ Hai, I'm Lindsay and I'm 12. I shoot pebbles at boys, el-oh-el. (Sorry, the line was funny, just...not so much from an adult.)

~ What was with her accent at the end of that bit? :confused:

~ Apparently in Montana, they don't learn how to hold a gun correctly ("Boo"), but they are excellent slingshot marksmen. [/sarcasm]

~ Women on television always seem to love shoes. Not all women love shoes. Me? I don't care, definitely not for expensive-ass shoes.

~ Flack, you're adorable. ^_^

~ Angell, I *heart* you.

~ *tries to get in the middle of that action, baby* :devil:

~ Angell totally checked out Don's ass when he got out of the car. :lol:

~ I'm supposed to believe there's only one stray hair in the back of that car?

~ AGAIN WITH NO GLOVE! ARGH, FLACK!

~ Aww, Angell is impressed. Make out now, yes? :D

~ I *heart* Sheldon in glasses. :devil:

~ Ooh, I love it when you talk scientific, Sheldon. :p

~ Mutated hair. Convenient.

~ "My lawyer is going to have a field day."
"Not before we do." *puts on sunglasses*
YEAAAAAH! *cue Miami theme*

~ Danny doesn't like skeevy guys hitting on Angell. :devil:

~ Angell, you foxy lady, I like it when you're rough.

~ Did we really need the speech, Mac?

~ Next week: OMG IT'S DREW KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Meh, C.

I ahted the assumptions that the vics DID commit the crimes. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't.

And newsflash, it WAS self-defense. The guy maybe sleazy, but still...

It got a bit convoluted too.

It wasn't terrible, but nothing great.

Mightion said:
4. Oh, the reason she improvised a slingshot weapon to find the missing bullet? Probably because doing a live-fire ballistics test on the steps of a museum would have been a bad idea. :)

I actually think Lindsay said something about the slingshot being a decently close approximation to a bullet slowed after already passing through a body.

On K/A, I thought the scene where kendall was sexy eating was funny for Adam's reaction and Mac's consternation. Otherwise, she bugs me, and I wanted to slap her after the baby fat comment.

Loved Flack and Angell because they were believable for me, and Flack does embarrassed well. Far better than his daliance w/ the rich chick.

A+
It had everything that makes NY what it is.

- Flack being sciency.... nice to see working with CSI's is wearing off, we don't normally see him doing much of that compared to Brass in LV.
He secretly just wants to be a CSI hehe
-Him and Angell scene was cute, the look on Flacks face when she busted him on the line was classic.

-Stella and her scientific terms was funny reminded me of Aiden and Flacks scene with the deoderizers.

-Adam and kendell i still cant decide if i like her or not, its her voice which annoys me a tad but she was a lot more tolerable in this one...but adam was cute, and mac handing him the muffin for me showed that the 2 of them now have a kind of mutual respect.

-DL was actually really nice and what it should be if they do more of it, the lighthearted banter and Lindsay making the sling shot i really enjoyed it and the gun scene without thinking "your at work" it didnt feel uneasy.

-Dannys arse to... what a lovely shot.

-The case was interesting i liked the twist and how its more one case now they all work on but this started as 2.
-and Sid sitting on the table was amusing.

It was well done overall and no 333 i thought was nice, although thats not lasting.

A

- wanna wash that blood off? Use the shower!
- WTF! They used the scene from SD when Flack arrives at the warehouse after Danny’s call. Even the shirt… Dude, his shirt is light brown in the car, white when he’s at the door. WTF TPTB? Seriously?
- look Flack! Another naked suspect in the bathroom. LOL
- Flack in that short Kevlar makes me think of Britney’s short tops in ’99. Shoot me baby one more time! LOL
- 1st time he reads the rights! Wow! Loved hearing it.
- Danny is hot!
- Lindsay got to process the gun, Danny the dress. LOLZ
- I love it when Flack interrogates a suspect
- I really like Fern
- Ay Caray! Ole matador! LOL Mac trying to speak Spanish? LOLZ
- Hawkes & Sid = super cute
- Adam, you are too old for diets. But the teasing was kinda cute. And, yes Adam, eat something! ;)
- Flack! Please use GLOVES. ;)
- No DNA on the lashes Adam? Not even Flack’s? [/sarcasm]
- I love Danny saying BOOM
- D/L are not getting on my nerves that bad..
- Danny! There is where you keep your gun? Me likes it! ;)
- Wow! I like Amber too. How bad is it to like the baddies?
- Flack & Angell. Cute & seemed natural. And nice to see the shy side of Flack.
- Flack’s got no game .. LOL
- Oops! Amber is too cool! And the award for the most embarrassing moment of the year goes to Flack! I think this was the 1st time a suspect shuts him up. Bummer! LOL
- Flack, why are u so mad at her? She made a bit of a full of u, but it’s not her fault u made it so easy. Ouch! Your ego didn’t like that? Good! That should teach u to keep your eyes on the right woman next time. Aka the suspect. ;) LOL
- TPTB getting preachy on us? Mac & Danny in SD, Flack now… Moral of the story? Stop mixing up your professional & personal stuff. Ohh, & stick with bowling! LOLZ
- Flack picks up evidence – again – still no gloves.. Were your gloves attached to the leather jacket? Dude! Get some gloves!
- Flack & piece of evidence moments… 2 in 1 episode. Hmmm U considering becoming a CSI Donnie? LOL Don’t worry! I’ll still love you!
- The answer is in the food poisoning. ;)
- “Whenever I see a useless piece of human trash walking away I feel violated again.” …. I guess this sums it all up.
- Doesn’t it suck when that line between right & wrong gets all blurry, and you can’t tell where does one end & and the other begins?
- This was the best about the episode. The shades of gray. “Do you care about the consequences?”

Not one of the season's better eps, imho, although I did like the wrestling (oh, wait. . .it was a "crime scene reenactment) between Danny and Lindsey on the museum steps.
And what is the deal with Flack and the lady detective? Didn't he just have a different girlfriend -- a wealthy one who isn't a cop -- just, like, three eps ago?

It didn't dawn on me that when Kendall was eating behind Mac's back she was teasing Adam about the food. :rolleyes: Yeah, I feel smart. :eek: She still bugged the hell out of me though. :p

oh Fay...I love reading your reviews!...your random commentary makes me laugh so much!

and yes, there are women out there who love shoes- aka me...I would have totally chastised that woman for tossing $400 shoes - but i'm sure she wasn't too concerned, seeing as how she lost $5000 worth of eyelashes and didn't even wait around for Flack to get his DNA all over them; ... he should go to the Jim Brass School for Detectives who want to Collect Evidence at Crime Scenes...lol - although, any excuse for more Flack screen time is a good one, right?

There is an alarming lack of latex glove use in this season...or is it just me and my love for latex?...

I love Kendall. She's hot and funny. The relationship with Adam rocks...they have great chemistry. I hope she's on more episodes later this season!!

I gave it an A. :) I always like it when two cases turn out to be connected. Interesting episode, although I'm going to need to watch it again to take it all in.

Parts of the episode that I liked:

- Pretty unusual opening, IMO. Nice. Flack in Kevlar, even nicer! He totally snuck a peek at Fern. :devil: I noticed it too, they reused footage from Snow Day! Not cool. And his Kevlar vests are definitely shrinking. I don't want to have to worry about him getting hit each time we see him wearing the "Incredible Shrinking Kevlar Vest". :eek:

- Fern was smiling as they led her out of the apartment. Gave me the chills, kind of. The actress playing her did a pretty good job. But in the scene of Flack arresting her in the bathroom? All I could think about was, "She's naked...in front of Flack (and Eddie)." Who's the lucky one here? :lol:

- Pissed!Flack. Mmm, yummy. :D I wouldn't able to be so cool if Flack were standing right next to me, breathing down my neck. Hehehe.

- Brutal, the way the guy was stabbed. But he kind of had it coming, so no pity from me there. Mac's bullfighting/matador reference was cool, the shots of the victim being stabbed was quite well done. ;)

- Flack playing CSI was very cute. But he didn't wear gloves! That's big no-no, Don. What's even cuter was his little moment with Angell in the car, which was what I've been waiting for since the episode started, hehe. Erm, that was real smooth, Flack. :p He was blushing! *melts into a puddle* I was giggling throughout the whole thing. As much as I want Flack to myself (HEE!), I can definitely accept him and Angell together. They look so pretty together.

- Adam, on a diet? Why, why, why? Baby fat looks adorable on you, please do not listen to Kendall, listen to Mac! Eat something, before you pass out. Speaking of Kendall, I think the make-up dept needs to lay off the red lipstick. :p It was mean of Kendall to be tempting Adam by eating behind Mac's back, it was a little funny though. But I still don't like Kendall. :rolleyes: I'm perfectly fine with not seeing her again.

- I was okay with the D/L flirtation, it was kind of natural, so I thought it was fine. Not fantastic, but at least it didn't suck. :D I wish they would have doled out the flirting in little doses, instead of all at once in a single eppy. Oh, and we got to see Danny's ass a couple times. :D I'm happy now.

- Sid sitting on the autopsy table. He and Hawkes are totally BFFs. :lol: I still wish TPTB would get Jonah Lotan to come back as Marty Pino though, he is so cute. [/random]

- The episode was written by the guy who played Detective Scagnetti, aka "Detective Prada" in Season 2's "Grand Murder at Central Station". Cool. ;) But I would've preferred if there was just the scene of Flack/Angell flirting, minus the Adam/Kendall and D/L parts, heh.

I didn't see the preview for next week...we're going to see Drew again? Oh, dear. :rolleyes: What will he try to dazzle Stella with this time?

Back