Grade 'Can You Hear Me Now?'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 26, 2007.

1. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

Ah ha, that's it, that is what I was hoping for but didn't realize. But of course there are only perfect people in New York, right? Thanks for figuring out what was bugging me!

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

NY only got 12.7 million viewers? Shouldn't the CANON D/L-ness have ensured a much higher rating? [/sarcasm]

I went and re-watched the episode, so I'm going to type out the notes I took. Yes, I took notes. Shut up. :p These are just things I wrote down as I watched.

- Ok, the gate woman? *kicks her in the teeth* "Enjoooooy your fliiiiight." If that's a real accent, I apologize, but argh.

- I *heart* Flack

- Sheldon, you're so pretty. ^_^

- New credits: The images are nice, but the music feels off-balance. That part of the song is a lead-in, and it doesn't feel like it leads to anything. Something about the whole thing felt...unfinished. :confused:

- I *heart* you, Danny, but you forgot to do up all of your buttons.

- Why does Danny look exhausted? Flack and Hawkes seem fine, so it's not like they've been there forever.

Dear Danny,
    Ur old.
    Love,
    Fay

- Adam waking up on the floor made me chuckle last night. Hehe.

- No chest hair. Boo! :(

- This scene was slightly awkward, I can't explain it. I noticed it the first time I watched too. It's like...AJ was trying too hard, maybe? I dunno. I did love his 'whoa' sort of reaction when he pulled back the blanket and saw Kendall laying there. Hopefully they'll be on the same wavelength in subsequent episodes, because I didn't totally feel it in this one (and I want to, believe me I do).

- Orange dude=inventive

- Sid!!! (That's my typical reaction when he first shows up, by the way. :p)

- Snazzy gadget, Sid. ;)

- Yeaaaah, still not loving the way Kendall talks. Anybody else get a slightly...snobbish vibe to her tone of voice? (Please, somebody tell me I'm not the only one that has a problem with the way she talks. Please. I can't explain it, and it's driving me nuts when I try to.)

- Adam is just generally adorable, but there's definitely something unbalanced about their interaction. I'm definitely not throwing in the towel though, and I'm not rushing to call it DL2.0 just yet. ;)

- If the people on the Statue used condom spray, what evidence of sexual activity did Stella find up there? I would have thought that meant jizz, but...

- The way Lindsay said, "Allow me to demonstrate" tweaked me last night, and it's no different today. (Dude, is it just me??)

- Seriously, Lindsay, did you not do all of the research? Because now I'm curious, and I'm going to have to Google condom spray. Damnit. :eek:

- I'm sorry, Mr. Zuiker, but the twu luff did not come across to me in that scene.

- ZOMG SHELDON LOOKED BETWEEN DANNY AND LINDSAY WHEN HE SAID "INCOMPATIBLE" ZOMG!!11! ;) :p

- Lindsay/Anna (one or the other, I suppose) does not do suggestively-flirtatious very well, methinks. A look? Something? Anything? Sticking the spray in his pocket was obvious, but if I'm supposed to buy that they're together and doing it, I should read something in the facial expression.

Unless they aren't doing it and Danny's sexual dysfunction is causing problems. *chortle*

- That bit with Mac and the dummy was a tad odd.

- Ok, seriously, Kendall was just standing there. Job? Task to perform? Anything, Kendell? I'll buy her being there since it's relevant to the scene (and Adam one-upping her was adorable), but please, writers, don't just stick her there. At least have her doing something at a nearby table and turning around when Adam starts to talk.

- I know you want to eat his cute little face off (or something), Kendall, but please look like you're worth screentime.

- Her chuckle when he said "what up" was the most natural part of their interaction on her end, if you ask me. She seemed geniunely amused. Otherwise...yeah, not sure yet...

- (And thus, Adam disappeared for the rest of the episode. :()

- Alison Sudol, stick to singing, plz.

- Sid, you're telling me you've never heard of spray-on condoms? *chuckle* :p

- Anybody think Brock's accent sounded fake?

- View Master for the win! (That's one twisted killer, dude. Who thinks to use a View Master?)

- Interesting that Danny reacted most strongly to the guy getting punched (and the others didn't seem to react at all). That's a pretty weak connection to "Snow Day," though. :rolleyes:

- No mention of the lab. The walls in the hall look green (weren't they yellow before?). Seriously, don't blow shit up if you're going to magically fix it. It's not realistic. Blow Flack up in "Charge of this Post", blow the lab up in "Snow Day"--and both are hunky-dory at the start of the next season. LAZY.

- Ok, the CSI:Q thing. Was that Flack in a tank top? :eek: And wtf was Lindsay yelling "yes!" for? :confused: Getting off on a lab experiment or something? Danny, sweetheart, you're looking less impressive by the minute. :eek:

- I like "Almost Lover" better than the second song Alison performed.

- Mmm, chase scene. I love it when you boys get rough and tumble together. :devil:

- Danny being sympathetic=in-character. Good.

- Mmm, Flack, I *heart* when you're tough.

- Why didn't Morton just shoot Stella when he grabbed his gun? It's convenient that these killers always want to tell their story, but come on. :rolleyes:

- It looks like the same lab (same white marks on the glass)--so maybe just a remodel with a new paint job? (Or was it green last season?)

- 333--I'm definitely curious about that...

- Preview for 4.02: ZOMG SHELDON! :eek: *squish to keep him safe*

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All laughing aside, being down 3 million viewers--which is (math in my head, never pretty :eek: ) close to 22-23% of their audience--is no laughing matter. Maybe making the show a little darker wouldn't be such a bad idea?

Those are some notes, Fay! :lol: :D

I'll take Danny-cleveage over Stella-cleveage any day. ;)

That cracked me up too--it was so Adam! :lol:

Honestly, what was off for me was that he denied that they slept together. It, uh, crossed my mind for a moment that he was lying or didn't remember. People don't generally wake up like that if they haven't gotten busy.

Do we ever read anything in her facial expressions? She has two--smiling and scrunch face (there are few varients of this: concentrating scrunch face, angry scrunch face, upset scrunch face). I've yet to detect a third expression. Nonetheless, I thought she did better last night than she usually does.

Maybe they're doing it so much and that's why Danny looks tired? Though I liked the theory above some had that Lindsay was sucking his energy. :lol:

The 3-D image projection dummy? Oh yeah, that was weird.

And my guess it was Carmine, not the script. Kudos to him for putting that in there. I admit I didn't catch it--I'm totally going to have to go back and rewatch it. Just another example of how they shouldn't waste Danny's dramatic potential! Carmine is so good when they give him the smallest little thing so please, give him lots. :D

Guess the lab was fixed in 10 days just like Danny's hand and Adam's burns! :rolleyes:

Yes. :D

YES. :D

Well, one, I think he connected with her and two, I didn't get the sense that he was out to kill anyone who was innocent (in his eyes). It fit with his M.O., which was a manical desire to bring the killer to justice.

4. Nim

Nim Pathologist

Oh, and I forgot... cograts Melina, your Italian is PERFECT!!! La giustizia è servita :D

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

You know you love me. :p

Maybe Adam was so drunk he couldn't, ah, perform? :eek: Or maybe it was a case of "lalala *takes off clothes randomly* lalala *passes out on nearest available surface*...*snore*" :lol:

True, true.

(Man, I've missed having new stuff to discuss. The hiatus gets so damn boring when you're rehashing the same old thing over and over again. :eek:)

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

It's interesting that Stella seems to speak both the languages of her background...I'm thinking that studying her heritages probably was something to do when she didn't have much to do growing up, maybe.

Another note: Mac is way more casual this year...he didn't even wear a suit to work? *gasp*

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

What it looked like to me, was they went out drinking and crashed someplace...That would explain the look of shock when he saw her in her underwear...

I don't know about you, but i know i have woken up in a similar state of undress with someone who is not my bf :lol: ahhh University is fun...

what bugs me about that girl, is that its ok to have a nerdy male character, but all the females have to look like models. What gives? maybe the casting director needs to take a stroll into on of my genetics classroom to see what scientific females actually look like.

8. Messers_cupcake

Messers_cupcake Lab Technician

I have expected more... it wasn't bad but i'm not so thrilled either. After last season and so many disappionted fans (including me) i kinda hoped TPTB would try to avoid to make the same mistakes like last year... but i'm not so sure yet.

The biggest disappiontment was the new opening. I've expected to see there Adam and Sid. They have been on the promo and TPTB knows we all (i think) love them and want them. That's so not fair... Poor boys :( And they cut out the best line of the song - 'i don't need to fight to prove i'm right' was for me some kind of the shows motto... They really screwed it up.

When i saw the first scene, i had to think about season 3 premiere. Gosh, i think the writer really need some new ideas. The case was okay but kind of confusing. And the Mac's 'matrix'-scene... too much. It could've been done without it.

As for the characters...

Mac - i'm not sure yet what to think about it. I mean he could have changed his shirt after he left the hospital. I understand that TPTB wants him to be more, hmmm i don't know, easy-going or what, but that doesn't mean he has to wear the whole episode one shirt ;)

Stella was okay. As usual. I don't know how Melina does it but i can't say anything bad about her after most of the episodes. She's a great acterss and she plays her character very well. I'm impressed how she can chase a suspect in those shoes... wow i wouldn't even make it to the basement... you know all the stairs down... :lol:

Danny was okay. I'm glad he can still talk like that with other women... I kinda lost my hopes after that scene with the suicide girls. Gosh he was so afraid of them or of some certain country girl :lol: I'm really impressed by him. He must be some kind of a self-healing mutant. I'm afraid TPTB has gotten inspired by some sexy cheerleader/hero... :lol: god TPTB really sucks with this stuff. No they really shouldn't do any 'character gets hurt' storylines...

Lindsay - not to much of her so it was okay. Her hair looks great. It's like in the beginning. Makes her younger.

The scene with the condom was all right. Reminded me a bit of that funny banter from season 2. Thats good. I hope TPTB keep it going at least like that. Lindsay looks better without the whole big mystery, panicking, crying ect. thing.

I like Sheldon's new look. I hope we will see more of him this season. Last year he was kind of forgotten by the writers. Even the Shane case has been more often connected with Danny than with him. He's like a fifth wheel...

Flack, like Stella nothing to complain about. This man looks every season more sexy. I didn't think it is even possible :lol: The grey hair makes him so hot... And of course he gets the best lines ever. Love him :D :D :D

And about Adam - nice to see so much of his private life... :lol: :lol: No, no. It's nice to know he's really part of this team. But i don't like his new lab (girl)friend ;) oh no... i'm afraid this woman will be worser than Lindsay last year, for me. This is so so bad... poor boy.

I'm curious what will happen next with the characters. I want Mac's secret be a good one and not something like Lindsays last year misery.. oops i mean mystery.

Oh and I'm sooo happy that Sid has his morgue for himself now. For me, Peyton doesn't have to come back at all :D

9. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

ulg, someone in the vegas forum posted some numbers of other big shows, every single one has taken a significant ratings hit...it may or may not have anything to do with the quality of the show. They need a better rating system, one that can keep up with technology!

10. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Yes, I was going to point that out myself. Perfect Italian. :D

I just watched the episode but I have to admit I didn't really pay much attention to the case (I kept focusing on the characters... call it withdrawal, I guess it's been too long! :) ) so I'm gonna have to watch it again. It was a good one though, a solid opener.

I won't repeat what everyone else has already said but let me just say Stella rocks. And Danny was wearing a white shirt. ;)

11. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I gave it a B-

I thought the episode was all right. Wasn't spectacular, but it was interesting. But once again, the main story line focus has to be on Mac (I know he's the "STAR" of the show, but either change it up and make better use of ALL the other cast of characters, OR else re-name the show to "The Gary Sinise Show". Honestly, I'm tired of all the crap that happens to Mac).

Lindsay still annoys me, although I did like Anna's new hairdo.
    Danny looked tired. Sorry to see he and Adam got zilch continuity from last season's finale.
    It was great to see Hawkes get something to do, and he's looking mighty fine!
    Flack was the same as usual--handsome as ever, still a great cop, but otherwise nothing new there.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

One more thing that bugged the hell out of me:

Lindsay saying "boom" after her spray condom demonstration. Having her say things that Danny used to say won't make me like her. Stop. It.

13. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i gave this epi a B+
    i was good but it didnt blow me away. but i still enjoyed it and cant wait to see what is up with these 3:33 phone calls...

14. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

So much was said, so I won't reiterate, especially since I was chatting with Faylinn and others like a big dork during the epi anyway :lol:

I liked it. It wasn't blow-me-away fabulous, but a solid effort for a season opener. A-.

15. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

A
    First off, I didn't really care for the new music in the opener, I like it the original way, but that's just me :)

As for some other points...
    -I liked Sid's new toy with the vitual brain image thingy
    -Danny and the liquid condom. Gotta love Carmine's reactions!! :lol:
    -Adam and Kendall trying to one-up eachother was cute. I agree with what some said, that on her own, she might be alittle annoying, but hopefully she blends in with the team well if they keep her around.
    -I haven't read any of the spoilers yet for this season, so I'm intrigued by the 3:33 thing!

Another question, I didn't have time to read all the posts, and it doesn't say on IMDb-- does anyone know who played Nova Kent? Her voice was beautiful!