Grade 'Can You Hear Me Now?'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The premiere numbers aren't great, but people were probably checking out Life and Dirty Sexy Money. Next week's numbers will be more telling--people with either stay with those shows or they won't. And if they don't, some of the viewers might come back to NY.

Though, I do think this proves that all the romance has done nothing to improve the ratings. ;)

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

An article I saw mentioned that CSI: NY picked up viewers in the last half hour, so some checking out the other shows must not have been too impressed. Of course, you don't lose 3 million viewers from the S3 premiere all because people are curious about the other shows. There have to be multiple reasons. *cough*cough*Danny/Lindsaybeingone*cough*cough*

The ratings definitely prove the ZOMG! CANON! romance did ZOMG! ZERO! for ratings.

3. Mightion

Mightion Hit and Run

I believe Mac was gone for longer than 10 days - besides the healing of Danny and Adam's injuries, I don't think they could have repaired the lab in ten days.

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I know :lol: but thats tv for you!

5. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

^But they never said when Mac would've gone off to London. Could have been a lot later after the finale. But ehh, you're right, this is still TV ;)

15 more minutes before I see the show, aaaargh!

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I believe Peyton said in "Snow Day" that it was a two week vacation.

7. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

But it was unlikely to have started the day after Snow Day. For starters, Mac would have had to hang around and make his statements and deal with the investigation into the lab blowing up. And while Peyton is stupid enough to have booked the tickets and everything, I'm sure she wasn't dumb enough to spring it on Mac only a day or two before leaving (he'd have to get a visa or paperwork done, not to mention organizing cover and shifts for when he was gone)

So there could have been at least 3 or 4 weeks before they even got going, then 2 or 3 weeks over in the UK, that'd be enough time for injuries to heal and labs to be fixed. But it's annoying that it wasn't at least mentioned.

8. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I really don't think the relationship is significant enough to raise the ratings, so no surprise there. It isn't that bad, but i can see how people wouldn't like it, especially if you don't like lindsay.

Dirty sexy money was pretty hyped up for the new season, so I can see why a lot of viewers might have wanted to check it out. But people now don't watch shows if there is a conflict with another, they just record it and watch it the next day. Unfortuatly the rating system is pretty bad. Most of the shows lost viewership...

9. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

TV Review: CSI:NY - "Can You Hear Me Now?"

Leave it to CSI:NY to open with a bang! I couldn't help but notice the opening credits are a mix of current as well as past seasons. While the visuals were solid, what happened to the theme song? The music is supposed to be instantly recognizable but it appears to have vanished. Mac came home, but Peyton Driscoll (Claire Forlani) has yet to return. Trouble in paradise? The only way to know is to keep watching...

Lindsay has a new haircut, but personally, I think it looked better longer. AJ Buckley has allegedly been hired to be in every episode this season, which makes him a series regular. Shouldn't he then be in the opening credits? I have a feeling viewers are going to know Adam Ross much better this season. Having Kendall around opens up some interesting possibilities. More than likely, she will be a recurring character like Peyton.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^A link and exerpts is preferrable, Lorelai, to avoid copyright infringement. I've edited down accordingly.

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Having his father be a bully opens up some interesting possibilities too. I'm still hoping the writers don't think him having a pretty girl to flirt with gives them an excuse to forget about Papa Ross.

12. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Okay, well, so many people have said everything so much better than I would have, and yet, I'll babble anyways. Generally liked the ep. Been a few days now, so let's see what's actually memorable to me?

ummmmm....WTF did they do to the theme song and credits?!

Noticed of course, that Adam starts the show off w/o clothes, Mac appears repeatedly in t-shirts and casual thru-out, Flack has a scene near the end in rolled-up shirtsleeves. Perhaps wardrobe's finally catching on to a few things here? As for Sheldon, I truly hope he get's more to do this season. He may not get much, but like Adam, he delivers it well. "Incompatible" was great. Also like his look this season. Danny? Carmine was good as always. Way to get up the nose of Lady Liberty btw. Gonna leave the wristband alone for now. As for "Boom" Monroe? *shrug* Looks like they're trying to go back to a more lighthearted version of her. No more angst is good, is all I'll say. As for Cranky Flack: Bet I could cheer him up, no worries atall now. Hope this incarnation survives whatever TPTB throws his way this season. And for all the science, it takes a cop to remember the door was locked from the outside. Buy that man a new tie.

Rock on Rambo Stella, even if the circumstances of your scene could be seen freakin miiiiiiiiiiiles away. Aside from that, I thought the story was pretty good, and the manner in which it was initially laid out was well done, well paced, and interesting.

Loved Mac in the ep, but what the hell was with that blood sequence?? He looked like he was back in Mission to Mars picking skittles out of a DNA column. 333? No matter what time zone he's in? *yawn* Sorry. Er, Jetlag? *meh* Only bonus to that was seeing Mac in t-shirts and prone. For me the better creepy moment was the viewfinder camera.

ME's and Lab Techs: Wahooie, f****** Sid's back :D Dude, where's your hat?? Personally hoping Claire Forlani does come back, even if it's mid-season. Hope the intervening storyline from TPTB isn't too torturous. Adam? Adam rocks, long deserved to be on the main roster. As for Kendall? Well, um, I loved Adam in the ep... did I say that already? Not so keen on Kendall yet. Time will tell. Must Fight Crime - I mean, Urge To Dislike Her After Only One Ep.

RE Continuity: Whoever the Labs have contracted to clean up after them? Could you send them around to my place? Please?? And no scars, no nothing for Adam and Danno? Flack must've got them referrals to his fantabulous doctor. Surprise.

RE Misplaced Non-Acting Guest Star: Seems to be the only continuity TPTB bothers to include year to year.

It was nice to see the whole team working on the case. And Kudos for putting the series so obviously back in New York as opposed to seemingly AnywhereUrban, USA. We'll see how long that lasts. Probably other stuff I'd meant to go over, but heck, fair's fair, guess it ain't that memorable then.

For a CSINY Ep? Mebbe an A. But for a premiere? B+. Still, bodes pretty well for the season. Definitely tuning in, even if after the opening credits.

13. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I like the visulas of the new credits but not so much the music.

brilliant episode.

I love some of the effects, especially the one with Mac and the blood.

we had some Flack/Stella time which is always a plus point and Stella getting a little personal - I like it when they show their feelings.

the case was a good one too though they should really explain both motives.

and it was funny - I mean Adam flirtting - gorgeos. though I dont really like the new girl. she looks plastic.

and the DL scene was just undiscribable. I love their interaction, especially when they are teasing each other.

all in all - a really good start. I wonder waht the 333 means

a big thank you to the outfit department. great choices

14. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

ok, i have watched the opening sequence several times now...the music is growing on me, and the visuals are amazing, best looking opening between the three shows.

15. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

I live in New Zealand, and as the new CSI NY season will be here next year I watched some of the episode on Youtube...Okay, openeing credits...first time I watched them I thought that it was pretty cool..now, after I watched it a few times more, I kinda hate it. I'm with you guys on that. I watched the condom scene haha, maybe it's my 13 year old imatureness but I cracked up :lol: atm though, I can't wait for CSI: NY to come out next year! :p