Grade 'Boo'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great stuff Fay, as always...

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Thanks Fay!! Always loving your reviews...chear me up :D

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I aim to please. :p (Nobody giggled at the Fat Bastard reference? *woe* ;))

Sid's the coroner, he's gotta be there, so I'd say him first.

At first, I thought Adam wasn't in this one (seriously, person I know who is watching it at 7:00 pm in Canada, you're supposed to relay this information :p), so I was slightly shocked to see him with his pretty pretty beard at all--but as much as I love seeing him, I'm usually happy with what he gets (unless he's not there at all or I think he could have done something better than another cast member). Just like Sid, Adam makes an impression with just two little scenes (in this case), so I'm good. :p

That's not to say I don't like seeing more of him, like we did in "Down the Rabbit Hole", but that's an extra treat. ;)

Random note: the next time I watch this episode, I'm writing down how many times Lindsay said "Danny"--I commented to my sister about it toward the end but was too lazy to watch it again. :p

4. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Yeah, it uses to happen with sisters... at least, that's how things work between my sister and me. Sometimes, I feel like needing to see a specific CSI:NY episode, or replaying a scene again and again, or doing a csi-marathon. And anytime something like that happens, my sister is always there (yes, she has no live! XD) to piss me of by syaing, "please, don't tell me you are seeing that again!", and then she just turns off the TV so I have to go back to my room and keep on seeing the show on my teeny tv...

But you know? I don't get mad at her for doing that. Because then, when she's on the mood, comes up to my room and sees the show with me, because she knows how much I love not seeing CSI alone.

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

5. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I wanted to give the epi an A+ but then I realized that although it was a fairly good Halloween epi it wasnt really memorable

the cases were interesting but the ending was rather weak on both of them, especially the A-case - but the final shot was interesting.

2 scenes I really liked:

1. the visit to the voodoo-shop. loved the accent, liked Mac being a little out of control, liked the lady reading cards (Im a fan of supernatural :) ), the girl reminded me a bit of PotC

2. the little caress from Danny after they discovered the girl in the suitcase

plus Adam being all confused about the zombie thing and Hawkes with a shot-gun - HOT

I enjoyed it but Im not likely to remember it.

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

What we weren't meant to?!?!? :lol:

Only kiddin' honey *hugs*

7. KRAD

KRAD Dead on Arrival

More than you might think, actually. :) I know there are regular cricket games in Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx during warm-weather months, and there are other parks that host cricket as well.

That's the great thing about this city, you can find just about anything if you look hard enough. But trust me, while there are plenty of things about the city that the show gets wrong, someone having a cricket bat wouldn't even make the top 20 of odd things. :)

8. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

I don't know about NY, but here in Barcelona it is hard to find a cricket club.

Anyway, that's one of the reassons why I like CSI. I mean, the way people die, the weapons they use to kill them. It's not like old crime shows where it was all about gun shots.

And I think CSI really find cool ways to kill people. (Ok, this assertion has sound creepy even to me, sorry)

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

9. Partly

Partly Hit and Run

Nah, I completely agree. And not only does it come up with cool (or icky or creepy) deaths, but they come up with cool ways of catching the killers. I loved that they tracked the guy using the dog collars. It's always the little things that get you caught. I also like that the motives aren’t always so clear, either.

Actually, I loved the tightness of the writing in this episode. There was the overall "horror-movie" themes in both cases (and they managed to fit them all in) but the writers tied the cases together by using common imagery -- especially in the wrap-up of the cases.

We had the drawing from the little girl about the "monster" that killed her family in a house that had a reputation for being "cursed". Then, when Mac and Stella go into the "voodoo" shop, the tarot card reader tells Mac that he's "cursed" and flips over cards -- one of which is the devil. At the end the "monster" that the little girl drew, turns out to be a tattoo of the devil on the back of the killer.

The writers continue to tie the cases together with this theme. The voodoo gal goes on to say that "333 is the son of the devil, 666, the one who collects souls for the sins of our youth." The murders in the house turn out to be the direct result of the killer’s accidental shooting death of his sister when he was young. The "sins of youth", as it were, has come back and payment is required.

Even though the two cases are not connected in any way, the writer's weave this common theme throughout both. I especially liked Henry's statement that he left the devil in, he just didn't "know enough not to let him in". It makes me wonder if they plan on applying that same idea to Mac's 333 plotline.

10. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

It was a very entertaining episode. The twist for the Amityville case was very interesting. Danny did seemed annoyed with Lindsay, but many couples get annoyed with each other. That's not uncommon. For all we know, he may be disappointed he can't join in the Halloween fun. Maybe Danny likes to try to scare Flack. :D I know it has been said before but I would rather have had someone besides Lindsay at the Amityville scene. Maybe the reason they have Lindsay being bad with the hospital scene is to show not everyone deals well with that kind of thing. Maybe they could have a crossover with Miami. Horatio can teach her to be a child whisperer like him.

The zombie case was better. Sid was great in this one. They should have him and Alex work togeather in a crossover. It may not be that out of character for Mac to grab the lady's arm and think she is involved in the 333 thing. Combine what the old woman said with the fact he is sleep deprived. The writers didn't explain why the young woman would choose to have the numbers tatooed on her eyelids. I still enjoy the 333 story line. How many episodes to go until Mac goes to Chicago? I have read the spoiler about it, but it might still be different to watch it.

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^*cough* I think spoilers are better left in the spoiler thread. ;)

12. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Yeah, Sphinx, I guess you can go to the season four thread in order to get all the information about that, ;)

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

13. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

Sorry about that. :eek:

14. Clytia

Clytia Hit and Run

A

I enjoy the episode! Entertaining!
    I was a little affraid about all the 'Halloween themed episode'...It wasn't very scary...But, it wasn't bad.
    I prefer the Amityville case, voodoo and zombies not my cup of tea!

- Love the first scene in the cemetery!
    - Commented Video? Why not? Was it a imitation of other horror movies like 'The Blair Witch Project' or a new thing?
    - Danny and poor Rose...sad
    - Love annoyed Lindsay : "Do we look like we're here buying postcards?"
    - little one 'Danny chase scene of the week', but, still there!
    - love the whole 'suitcase scene', sad scene...
    - Love Danny and Lindsay interrogate Henry and Betty
    - Good to see Lindsay can get out of the lab and is still a detective!!!
    - I whish there was more Hawkes and Flack ...
    "Happy Halloweird!"

15. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Yeah!, It remained me to the Blair Project, too! I really loved the scene in which both Danny and Linds are talking though the tv at the same time, one is talking to Sheldon and the other to Adam, funny!!

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"