Grade 'Boo'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Happy Halloween, everyone! :cool: CSI: NY is knocking on your door tonight...was the episode a trick or a treat? Vote below...

2. celsie

celsie Victim

don't know if it's cuz I was home alone tonight (of all nights) watching in the dark... or if it really was that creepy of an episode... but it sufficiently creeped me out enough to make it memorable for me!

3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i liked it!

It was kind of a cross between Gum drops (Vegas), the curse of the coffin (miami)...and pirates of the carribean

4. hyburn8

hyburn8 Hit and Run

I thought "Boo" was a fun Halloween episode. I wouldn't call it creepy by any means but I thought it was entertaining. I liked that Danny and Lindsay just worked the crime scene in Amityville and didn't get any more involved than that. Neither case dazzled me or bored me, just spooky fun.

A-

5. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Ok now as much as I don’t want Danny and Lindsay shoved down my throat, its kind of annoying that they spent almost 2 seasons getting them together and now they’re acting like Danny and Lindsay don’t even like each other. In tonight episode Danny didn’t even seem worried that someone may have or may not have attack Lindsay, he didn’t even ask if she was ok. The only acknowledgement to the fact that they are dating is Lindsay putting condom spray in Danny lab coat.

Mac and Peyton were constantly doing things that showed they were a couple. I don’t want them making out in the lab or being all gross. But a couple of touches here and there, them leaving together, having lunch together something anything. Why bother making this whole big hoopla trying to get them together then when you finally do, act like they aren’t even a couple. It just seems weird.

Other than that I really liked this episode. I liked how they are showing that the 333 calls are really starting to get to Mac, making him freak out and angry. I thought both cases were really good, even if Mac/Stella case was a little predictable, especially after Mac thought it was an insurance scam. I give it a B

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'll say B too, nothing really outstanding but a fun Halloween ep. I don't know how the non-D/L folks will react though. I found it sort of an average ep, decent enough to be entertaining but not awful either.

7. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Wow. What a lead turd. Much like the zombies, this episode lurched from one scene to another, and there were times I felt visually disoriented because of shifts from one scene and case to the other. Worse yet, the science was given short shrift in the name of very patchy atmosphere. The opening scene in the graveyard was fantastic, and it was all downhill from there.

The "Amityville" case was so labored that I composed this ditty in its honor.

Gotta move the plot, so it's time to explicate
    Only thing slower is watching flies copulate
    If I clench any harder, my sphincter will herniate.

Stop!! Channel-surfin' time.

Anna Belknap has no business carrying scenes. She can't. Even her fear is lackluster, and it's an indictment when a child actor outclasses her from a hospital bed.

Not that Mac was much better. Physically intimidating witnesses? Blurting personal information to strangers? Either Mac has gone around the bend, or that was the laziest infodump in the history of TV. There are more deft ways to handle foreshadowing. The entire voodoo shop scene was an overacted cliche that was embarrassing to watch. I wonder if the clunkiness of this episode is an effect of the Writers' Guild strike that begins tomorrow. Maybe they rushed filming in order to have episodes in reserve when the writers walk out.

And if there is ever a night take advantage of Flack's sarcasm, it's Halloween. Yet he's noticeably MIA.

Boo is right.

D

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

ETA: LaGuera, you know I love you right? :lol: I love the ditty. :p [/ETA]

Hmm, the episode kind of...dragged for me. It wasn't really scary, and it wasn't really suspenseful--it was just kind of there.

I love Sid, I really do. He's so fantastic. Hawkes and Flack were barely there, which sucks. Adam got a few little scenes, and I thought he was adorable when he was all worried about the possibility of a real zombie. ;)

The zombie case didn't really grab me. The Amityville case didn't either--I thought it might be because I already knew a bunch from the spoilers, but people I spoke to on IM who didn't read the spoilers felt the same way. *sigh* I dunno.

They cut out a lot of the Amityville stuff, and the case just didn't have the impact I thought it would. Danny pulling the little girl out of the wall was very sweet, though, and the way he talked to her in the hospital. Lindsay didn't seem terribly affected by the whole thing--she was pretty much just there. Better than her spending the whole episode emo, but eh. *shrug*

I don't know what it is about Danny, but he'll banter with Flack or Hawkes all day long--but around Lindsay he just seems tired and overly mellow. I really have no idea what that's supposed to mean. If we ask Zuiker, he'll probably tell us it has something to do with the perfect heart of true love, but I'll believe that tripe when I see it, dude.

This week we got to see some more cool gadgets--namely those video phone things Danny and Lindsay were using to talk to Sid and Hawkes. They weren't as ridiculous as those tablet computer things (which showed up as well), and they at least gave us some real interaction rather than just a phone conversation.

By the way, what in the hell made Lindsay realize the guy climbed up the pine tree? Wasn't it dark when they got there? So how did she see it coming in? Am I supposed to believe that she could smell it or something? [/slight sarcasm] I'll have to re-watch to figure that out.

Those women in the voodoo shop had some fake-ass accents. And 'tree tree tree' shouldn't have made me laugh. Also, the 'priestess' had creepy eyes, but when she talked it didn't weird me out in the slightest.

I'm going to re-watch tomorrow, of course, and write out my usual list of comments. Overall, it was a decent episode, but it didn't really grab me the way I'd hoped it would. Next week we seem to be getting Flack in kevlar, I think, so that should be something to look forward to. ;)

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'll give this ep. a B.

Loved Sid and Adam as usual even though they weren't around a lot, especially Adam.

We found out what happened to Flack's S1 leather jacket! He sold it to Mac. :D

Everybody RUN, Sheldon's got a GUN! Loved seeing Mr. Harper show some of that physicality he is so proud of. I still want to see a video of him kicking Carmine's and Eddie's asses at football and basketball, though. ;)

Looks like Mac is trying to catch the train to crazytown. Way to freak out at the vodoo place dude.

Plus, can't there be a better way to show ethnic diversity than trotting out some stereotypes with teh sooper spooky sykik shop? :rolleyes:

Ruined opportunity for not using ScaredyCat!Flack. :(

So much for the anticipated D/L episode. We still see no evidence they even like each other, let alone make AZ's "perfect heart." I even think Danny may have agreed with the sheriff that Lindsay was maybe going a little crazy at seeing the old woman. Keeping the pair the way they are is fine by me. I hope it continues. :cool:

Anna didn't suck OUT LOUD and HARD this week. She was still wooden though. Especially interacting with sweet little Rose. AB approached the child in the hospital like she was an alien or something. Carmine, on the other hand, displayed the concern and softness needed for dealing with a small, traumatized child. Too bad they didn't just leave the whole scene in the hospital to him.

From the spoilers, this episode was supposed to be a big one for Lindsay and was supposed to be emotional and dramatic. It wasn't at all. We finally got to see her out of the lab for an extended period of time, but other than that my reaction was, "big hairy deal." Getting excited that she didn't suck is not a good thing. Maybe TPTB are figuring out that AB can't handle anything other than spewing forth information about evidence, crime scene's, etc. :confused:

I liked all the visual nods to horror movies and the dispelling of a lot of the myths. All in all it was a fun, and scary (my mom kept jumping at stuff and scaring the hell out of me. :lol:) episode that fit Halloween well.

10. Faylinn

Ok, honest!Fay time--I totally read that sentence wrong and my brain ground to a halt for a split second. I had to read it three times to figure out what you said. :eek:

I suppose we should be lucky there was diversity at all. :rolleyes:

I know!! :(

*bats eyelashes* A girl after my own heart. ;)

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Earlier today in another thread I said that any diversity is good diversity. Damn you, PTB, for proving how wrong I was. :mad: :rolleyes:

12. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

sadly, i'm a little disappointed by this episode. I was expecting creepy and haunting-ish stuff, and it left me bored - which never happens! I am such a scaredy-cat too, which makes it even more disappointing - it wouldn't have been too hard to scare me.

The B story was boring, until the end - I liked the twist of revenge there; so...tired...of...3...3...3.... :rolleyes:

Loved Sid's atmospheric morgue - very "El Dia de los Muertos" (forgive my spanish...never took that class!) - how fitting that the ME should be the one celebrating the dead. :devil:

Adam was his usual charming wonderful self - need MORE of him!!! - and for cryin out loud - add him to the opening credits already!

Speaking of... I am really liking the credits now...hated them at first, but they are really catchy now!

Didn't really like Lindsay and danny working together - it was boring - they don't talk and banter anymore...yawn! And I agree with above comments about Lindsay and the child in the hospital - it was awkward; Danny won my heart (like he had to work hard) when he saved that little girl from the wall...that was all kinds of adorable.

Lastly - where was my Flack? Would have loved some witty quips about zombies/voodoo or the couple they found at the end in the bedroom...he would have totally amped the entertainment factor of this show. And Hawkes deserves better than analyzing tree sap - at least he got to shoot off a few rounds first :lol:...how much you think those ballistics dummies cost? and so hilariously stupid that the wound and the bullet hole hawkes caused were EXACTLY alike :rolleyes:

All in all - a BOOOOOOO-urns... :(

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

A-

I found it entertaining, especially the zombie case! The Amityville one was okay--mainly fun for the creepiness of the house. I like how those scenes felt like a horror movie.

Was it just me, or did Danny just seem annoyed with her throughout, and maybe annoyed in general. I wonder if how much of that is Carmine--he did say he was hoping to "come out of the box like an animal" in s. 4 and so far he hasn't had much to work with. I'm glad there's good stuff coming up for him, but honestly, they should have had Danny explore the house. His reactions would have been awesome.

:lol: Indeed. Like I said, Danny would have been better going through the house. But I will say this: Anna didn't suck as bad as she usually does. She was merely wooden as opposed to downright painful to watch.

14. Mightion

Mightion Hit and Run

I gave this one an A+. Numbered reasons why; in no particular order:

1. The morgue. Sid; I love what you've done with the place. If he'd been wearing a Dracula costume, the cameras would have exploded with awesomeness.

2. Lindsay. I think she did a great job this episode, and it was great to see her out in the field - nice to know the writers haven't forgotten about her. I could almost sense her fear/panic following the old woman through the secret passage. Very clever of her to track the dogs GPS collars.

3. Very out-of-character for Mac to grab the voodoo proprietor's arm when he noticed the 333 and 666 on her eyelids... I know I've said I don't like loose ends, but it was striking to learn there's a slight bit of paranoia under his skin from the 333 business.

4. The whole zombie bit. I enjoyed it... especially at the chilling end when Mac mentions depending on the dosage of the drug; they may never wake up.

5. I've run out of bullet points and didn't notice any gaping plot holes. That's either a sign that I was enjoying the episode too much to notice many, or there weren't any. :)

15. Faylinn

[random]If I were Mac, I probably would have Googled "333" to see if there was any meaning behind this message I keep getting from my creepy stalker, rather than wait for someone to give me a hint.[/random]