GLEE- Are You a GLEEk?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Wolverine_Eagle, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I am a TOTAL Gleek! Loved the first two episodes, though definitely liked the first better than the second. The songs are great. The writing is HYSTERICAL. It's a great escape for Wednesday nights, which has quickly become my busiest night of watching!!

I'm such a Gleek, I even entered the MySpace Glee Karaoke Contest: http://bit.ly/qBhrK

I think my fav character so far is Rachel, but that's because I can totally relate. I did Show Choir in HS and was a sophomore when asked to be the only sophomore in Ensemble. 16 kids. One sophomore. It was such an honor and a blessing, but also a curse.

Can't wait to see more of this awesome show!

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

:eek:

...I'm speechless. I just watched the pilot episode of Glee, and I was absolutely blown away.

I've always loved musicals/stage performance/etc, so this is definitely my kind of thing. I didn't hear about the show until recently, though. I thought it would be kinda cheesy and mildly entertaining, but... :eek: wow :eek: I am so impressed!

I'll definitely be watching this!

3. Wolverine_Eagle

Wolverine_Eagle Prime Suspect

4. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I really shouldn't like this show since it reminds me of all the High School Musical crap but I do really like musicals when they are done right. And if they are as good as Wednesday's episode I could see myself watching this show though to the end. So I hope they keep up the good work.

5. Wolverine_Eagle

so... what did you guys think of the mash ups? i think the guys totally won i mean It's My Life/Confessions Part II beats out Halo/Walking on Sunshine anyday!...

6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I was definitely a bigger fan of the male mash-up. I think the girls, overall, are more talented, but the guys performance on this number was just better. Plus... I like the songs more than the ones the girls sang. :)

7. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

It's official. I'm a Gleek.

I started watching a little while ago and I really like it. I think, despite the cliche storylines and stereotyped characters, the plot is entertaining and the dialogue/performance is downright hysterical.

Jane Lynch. Award. Now.

I love how paternal Will is, and I love the mesh of characters. I actually think that the kids are portrayed in a more realistic way than some shows. Take for example, The O.C. I don't know how things roll on the west coast, but over here on the east coast, high school kids are NOT like that.

The celibacy club--pure genius. The characters may be a bit stereotyped, but there are stereotypes for a reason. I can definitely say I have a friend who is like each and every character on the show (except Sandy, that guy is creepy!)

Can't wait for tonight.

8. Wolverine_Eagle

Jane Lynch was simply hilarious as always in tonight's episode, although i was irked with her for telling that geek boy to publish the story. and the performance at the end of the episode was tear jerking for me.It made me want to jump into the screen and give quinn a hug >.<

9. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

This latest episode was full of awesome! Matthew Morrison performing Bust a Move and The Thong Song was freaking funny! Well, Bust a Move was entertaining and pretty funny while The Thong Song was kind of uncomfortable... but it was definitely worth it to see Morrison do all that booty-shaking.

I really REALLY don't know what Rachel sees in either Finn OR Puck. Finn is sweet, sure, and dedicated to the people he cares about, but in all honesty I think that a girl like Rachel, who thinks so highly of herself, would set her sights on someone a little (or a lot) smarter. She has such high standards for everything in her life, so her affection for Finn, who is adorable but very dimwitted, seems out of place. And Puck... well... he's a jerk. A very very attractive jerk who somehow managed to make a Neil Diamond song sound sexy, but a jerk nonetheless.

But she'll end up with one of them in the end. It's always one of them. That's how these kinds of stories work.

I've gotta say, the swing dancing with Will and Sue was INCREDIBLY surreal and excruciating to watch, but somehow also kind of brilliant.

Will and Emma dancing, though, that was adorable. Kind of super adorable.

Kind of knew Sue would revert back to her hilariously hateful self, and to be honest, I think I like it better this way. Not that I like to see Will suffer, but she's definitely a fountain of conflict, and conflict drives any good story.

Oh, and the conversation in the end with Will & Emma? Here's the condensed version from "Subtext for Dummies":

Will: Hey... so... I've been thinking and I totally don't think you should marry Ken.
    Emma: Yeah, it's true. We both know that Ken and I suck as a couple. I mean, we're great people, but... we're not good together.
    Will: Yeah, you ARE great, Emma.
    Emma: One more thing - weren't you and I brilliant together when we danced? OMGILOVEYOU... I mean... *cough* Thanks for the lessons.
    Will: *sad smile, slow exit, implication that he feels more than he's saying*
    Emma: *bleeding angst out her pores*

P.S. Will getting slushed by the whole GLEE club? Perfect. :D

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  10. Wolverine_Eagle

I loved last night's episode so much... probably one of the funniest ones in my opinion. I was red while watching the Thong Song Scene. it was too embarrassing but just hilarious.and what was with Emma's Dress during that scene >.< . I want to slap the other football players but oh well lol. Finn was "tougher" during the episode... but still dimwitted of course.

I am actually rooting for Puck/Rachel... just because they are funny... and a bit sweet how she called him by his first name instead of puck or whatever. and hot dang, his voice *swoons* and the scene in the bathroom was sweet .but knowing the writers... they would probably have Quinn/Puck and Finn/Rachel by the end .

Sue.... she is too awesome. i love her oneliners and such. "And that's How Sue C's it " ;) and i loved the Sue/Schu swing dance lol.

and i was shocked that Puck chose Glee over Football and Finn chose Football over Glee >.< shocker. and gosh, i had a hungering for slushies since the episode >.<

11. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Huge Gleek here.

So glad the show starts up again. Missed it so much.

Oh and Kristin Chenoweth will return in the future episodes :D

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  12. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Last night's episode was one of my favorites so far. LOVED Archie's Dancing With Myself. And Defying Gravity brought actual tears to my eyes. No offense to Lea/Rachel, her performance was technically golden, but it was Chris/Kurt that made it so moving.

And Sue isn't a complete sociopath? What what what? I mean, she's still completely repulsive, but she's got her one soft spot and it was incredibly surprising and touching.

Also, no Will/Emma/Terri drama this week? Oh well... they're definitely gonna make up for it next week by throwing Rachel into the love triangle, which would make it a... a what... a love square? I dunno. Whatever it is, it'll be funny!

13. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Okay THAT was FREAKING AMAZING!

This version really was gazillion times better than the one they released!

I am speechless ...the whole episode was like WOW!

:D

oh and Rachel really irks me with I-am-the-only-star-who-has-to-get-all-the-solos-because-I-am-just-that-awesome attitude! She should know it off !

Missed Emma! :(

14. Wolverine_Eagle

The episode was pure Win! although, Quinn is irking me... and i just wanted them to finally get the pregnancy storylines finished... but yeah... not gonna happen yet. I loved the fight between Finn&Puck... because it was just interesting to see Finn being 'tough' and The food fight between Puck and quinn was awesome!. And i am on Artie's side on the whole Tina sitch. and Sue has a soft side ... shocker :p

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Loved it! Just loved it :D

I keep alternating between feeling bad for Quinn and being annoyed by her. This week, I was annoyed.

The scene with Sue and her sister was so touching... and shocking! Who knew?

Can't wait for more :D