Gil & Sofia #2-Let's have dinner. Shall we?

Hey Kira don’t spend too much time looking for that article you talked about the other day cause I have something better. Right from the writer’s mouths themselves, Naren Shankar & Dustin Abraham with the introduction of Sofia Curtis in Formalities:

“Who is the lady in red? A different kind of criminalist. Clearly some sort of flirtatious “love interest” or as far as we go as a love interest on CSI. We knew she was going to be in the show, we knew she was going to be something of a love interest, but who she was, where she came from and how she spoke, all of these things were kind of left up in the air.”

So there is the official declaration.

Argh!! I just discovered that regardless of the email I just got from where I preordered the S5 dvds two months ago - the release date here has been pushed back AGAIN!! I have to wait two more weeks for the Formalities commentary! (I'm going to *diiiiie* :p ;) )

Oh Barb sorry to hear about your delay, but I got more for you....

First Naren & Dustin wanted to keep Gil in that tux as long as possible, which irked Billy. They noted he looked like James Bond when getting his bow tie on, the most yummy Bond in my opinion.

Why does Sofia talk out loud?
When creating the character of Sofia they asked themselves what type of person would annoy Gil the most - probably somebody that can't keep her mouth shut. They got a huge kick out of making her process a scene out loud. So her little quirk came from wanting her to do things differently from Gil, but equally effective, again this goes back to wanting a truly new character..

So later when he's back at the lab he tries her technique because that's the kind of guy he is - something that would massively annoy him, he goes ahead and gives it a shot to see if there is any value (to him) in it as an approach. Even though it bugs him, he recognizes that it works for Sofia and he wants to know why.

Greak background to how they were pairing these two up.

Why does Sofia talk out loud?
When creating the character of Sofia they asked themselves what type of person would annoy Gil the most - probably somebody that can't keep her mouth shut. They got a huge kick out of making her process a scene out loud. So her little quirk came from wanting her to do things differently from Gil, but equally effective, again this goes back to wanting a truly new character..

So later when he's back at the lab he tries her technique because that's the kind of guy he is - something that would massively annoy him, he goes ahead and gives it a shot to see if there is any value (to him) in it as an approach. Even though it bugs him, he recognizes that it works for Sofia and he wants to know why.

That's *awesome*! :D Such a fantastic eppy. That scene with Billy trying out the 'technique' when Cath walked in the room was so cute. :lol: . There isn't commentary on Unbearable by chance is there? I don't recall now...

Nope, only Viva, Down the Drain, Sherlock, Snakes, Sparks, 4x4, Committed, Weeping.

Now in Sparks where we see Sofia for a whole minute when Greg is feeling low in the locker room, I believe it was Ken Fink that notes - Louise looked the best in this show because she was a little pregnent at that time. I guess she was giving off the glow even in that very dark scene and had the director remembering how beautiful she looked at that moment in time.

Man, I want to glow like that.

Aww, that's sweet. She did kinda glow in that scene, didn't she? I've only seen it in clips, but still...

I made icons! here in my Livejournal. There's 9 Gil/Sofia, and 4 of Grissom alone.

Why the writer doesn't tell us what they have talked about during their dinner?

And even doesn't want to mention it again?

How can the writer push it away, out of his head?

I made icons! here in my Livejournal. There's 9 Gil/Sofia, and 4 of Grissom alone.

Yeah another Icon queen ! So cool Annie!

I suppose the dinner invitation was so obvious there was no need to dissect it in commentary.

Here's a little more background on how Sofia came to be from Carol M........"When we decided to break up the team, we thought wouldn't it be interesting to add a new CSI to the mix. And we thought about someone who comes in from the outside - doesn't want to be where they are, and somebody that has an immediate chemistry with Grissom. What would that be like."

It would be awesome Carol, so thanks for Sofia. She has made the show new again for me and was the much needed breath of fresh air.

Tazzer: Thank you. :D
"Immediate chemistry", yeah, that's the way I'd describe it to. ;) I saw it from the very first scene atleast. So great. :D

snickerbug: Thanks so much. :D

Kira - those are awesome. :)

I'm really going to have to go and watch Formalities on tape tonight to tide me over til my dvds get here...

I'll second that awesome Kira and add way to go Barbarella on your new icons up at CSI:Confessions.

So how about some more holiday fun with these two. I did misletoe, who wants to take on another tradition? Or who has an idea they want me to write a scene for?

We saw some Ladybug jewerly yesterday, what else would Gil think about as a gift to Sofia?

How about a ladybug necklace and earring set and something for that long beautiful hair of hers?

I would say a sexy nightgown with ladybugs on it that would be cute she could model it for him. :devil:

Gil strikes me as the type who might give a woman he's interested in a book of romantic poetry or something Shakespearean as a subtle sign of affection. Maybe the sonnets...

Yeah, all I need is the image of Gil and Sofia quoting Shakespeare to each other to make me happy. :D

Back