Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

OH GAWD that is SO sexy.....*goes directly into SPAZ mode* I refuse to come out of SPAZ mode until she keeps that promise...Oh GAWD that is SO PureJoy amazingness I seriously do NOT know what to do with myself....*SPAZES some more*
    Maybe I should make a trip to Chicago and go *visit* my relatives and *peek in* on Billy and his play....*runs off to plot, still in SPAZ mode*

2. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

She really is his confidante... I doubt that anyone else knows that stuff about him and I'm so proud of Gil for finally opening up to her after what seems like so long. I'm more than sure that they'll have many moments even after he leaves... *pokes TPTB* There had better be a farewell scene or else we'd probably all go up in arms and borrow Billy and Marg. If you won't give us one, then we'll make one!

3. Criminologist86

OH yes. PureJoy shippers are excellent at schemeing and planning, but most of all, rebelling against TPTB :devil:

Anyway, I'm very proud of Gil for opening up as well. I think he's finally willing to let it all out to his girl *ahem* confidante now that he's *sniff* leaving *bawls* :(
    I'm pretty sure (at least, according to Tele Star) we'll get our wish for a farewell scene for Grillows ;)

4. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Isn't it just?! :p man I loves it. I keep reading 'held me in his arms' over and over, siiiiiigh.

I just watched the latest ep. I actually really, really liked it after not watching the last couple of eps. I always liked the old Vegas eps. Anyway, the most important part :p How lovely was that scene? They're so, I dunno the word but I'm gonna say 'couply', to me it was just old married couple taking a stroll along the strip after eating out or something. I dunno if it was their topics of conversation or just the way they are/were with each other. Bless!

Another thing I liked about that scene was that even after knowing each other for practically 20 years, there's still stuff they don't know about each other. Even though Grissom's not exactly the type to talk about anything other than work etc, I still find that facinating.

After watching that, I'm pretty sure that we'll get our goodbye scene. To be honest, I know we've all pretty much fallen out with TPTB but I don't know how, especially after that, that they couldn't give us our goodbye scene. It just wouldn't be right.

And about him talking about GSR at the end, with the 'up the anty' thing, I would never have thought he would've been on about that if I hadn't read it here first. I woulda just thought Grissom was being his usual quirky self.

5. Criminologist86

Wait, why does that say GSR? I mean, I know Gil looked really sad somehow (like he'd already decided to leave) after he said it, but other than that, I got no GSR reference...

6. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Lol, why yes it does. I didn't get any GSR referance either. I read on here that some people took his 'It's time to up the anty' as a referance to his situation with Sara. Like he's gonna run off after her or something to that affect. I was just saying that I didn't get that at all, I just thought it was him being quirky and for want of a better word, Grissomish!

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

*Achem* Puts on Mod HAT*
    Welcome to the thread DuCainelvr93
    Please note that each post must contain at least three lines of discussion
    If you have anyother questions, feel free to PM me. Criminologist I can also help you with the spoiler codes if still need help. And for those who are asking GSR refers to GrissomSaraRomance or GrissomSaraRelationship. Please be aware of the shipper Central rules when referring to another ship. Thank you. :D
    *Takes off MOD HAT*

Now, as a Gil/Cath fan I thought the final scene was the sweetest thing. It's about time that Gil and Cath had a scene like that together. Did anyone else get the vibe similar to their discussion in Slaves of Las Vegas at the end. Or even Harvest? When Gil is telling Cath to help protect her daughter from the dangers of the world.
    The UP THE ANTE part for me at least is that Grissom is leaving Vegas, starting anew and wants to move on with his life. I love that the only person he told that too was Cath. ;) After being away from each other for so long, it's was good to see them talking like they used to.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  8. Criminologist86

PresentHunter:
    Ooooh there's a way to do those spoiler things!? AH that is SO COOL! I always thought they were there all by themselves....I've even looked for a button on the reply thing to do spoilers and I never found one....Can you PM me how to do it? Thanksies!

I don't think that Gil has ever been so open with Cath, at least not so directly..I think that's kind of a step toward him leaving (obviously) and he feels that before he leaves he needs to kind of show her (or continue to show her) that he's close to her and trusts her, etc completely and totally, but show her tangibly (is that a word?)...like something she can look back and go "I remember that time on the Vegas strip..." and know for a fact that that point in time was really special.

PUREJOY baby :)

9. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

I have thinking aboout that scene all day! :) It made me week, and it got me thinking or a would you rather question. So.............

Would you rather: Have gil and cath spend their last nigh together :devil:, but then he leaves for sara :(

OR

They don't get together at all?

10. Criminologist86

Have them spend their last night together, DEFINITLEY. Then he wouldn't leave for Sara; he'd stay for Cath.

11. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

ha ha i posted thinking that would be the answer :lol:
    I couldn't think of anything else though because if i just said Catherine or Sara, that would be dumb since it is a grillows thread!

12. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I think, like Ambie said, I'd rather see them spend their last night together because once they do, there's no turning back. They'd both realize they belong together.

Yeah, I kind of think that's what it meant too. I was sort of torn about it, but the more I think about it, the whole starting anew is the logical answer.
    Totally agree with you...I think he wants to assure her that even though he's leaving, that doesn't mean he's necessarily 'leaving her' so to speak. He still wants her to know that if she ever needs a friend, he'll still be there and wants to be. Their friendship is still very important to him and that's something I don't think either one wants to lose.

13. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Crimonlogist869 and EEK! Please remember to have at least three lines of on topic discussion in your posts. Thank you.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure that Grissom's leaving Vegas, just CSI. I think he'll stick around in Vegas and pursue another type of job. He does have a doctorate and could very well do something else with that. :)

15. InnocentGuilt

InnocentGuilt Hit and Run

I think if Grissom left Vegas to go after Sara, it would be mute. It wasn't, to me, like Grissom was saying I don't want to be with you, because I think he did love her, though obviously not as much as Cath, and this is where I get confused so I won't go into detail on that entire thing. But Sara just flew off the handle and took his devotion to his job, to his friend, his 'work family,' as Cath cleverly covered, and his memories as 'I don't love you. This relationship has really just been pointless.' And she ran off!

I get that the city has ghost, but hello! Cath has so many ghosts in that town and she stayed, and I'm a hopeless shipper, I think she partially stayed for Gil. I know if I stayed in a town where three men I loved or had at one point were shot down, I'd leave.

But Sara got into one scuff, she freaked out, and she expected Gil to come to her beck and call. If he chases her, he's chasing her because he fears what would happen if he stayed and persued an actual relationship with his soulmate, Catherine. And I think that's a crappy way for TPTB to handle it.

Grissom may have loved her, but he resisted her for six years for a reason. I think he was still waiting for Catherine, and I think by the time he started dating her, he thought that he could never give Catherine what she wanted so he settled for Sara, which was waaaay wrong!

I'm finished with my rant. I'm very sorry about that. I just thought about it and I had to get it off my chest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.