Gil <3 Cath #29: PureJoy–Enough Chemistry to Power Vegas

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Title for the next Gil <3 Cath therad?

1. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Ready for a Tequila Holiday

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – How 'Bout That Roll in the Sack?

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Partners at Work and at Play

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Back in the Sack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – God, Just Kiss Already!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because It's Been Brewing All Along

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – The Definition of Chemistry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexing Up the Sin City

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Chemistry Since Day One

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  11. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because They Have a Healthy Relationship

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^Tell them they're having twins.:lol:

Thanks for the pics Erica...Gil always puts a smile on her face.:D

I picked up a copy of the official CSI magazine today and there's a interview with Marg and when it talks about some of the highlights she's had over the years on the show she said "..And any time Billy and I have scenes to do, it is magic because we like and respect each other so much. The first two seasons we were together so much and then they realized they needed to give us a break so we don't solve many crimes together anymore. I miss that."....it's good to know it's not just us that misses them, but the actors themselves do too. I thought that was sweet of her to say:)....there's also another part where it talks about Cath losing Sam and Lindsey getting kidnapped and how she realizes that Gil's the one man she can rely on....course we already knew that.;)

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Oooh thanks a lot for that! *squee* So it's true that TPTB did try to cool them down when they found out the chemistry between the two of them was irresistible. And hello TPTB, Marg misses THAT! :lol: The interview sounds great and I'm so fangirling right now. Need to get myself a copy of the mag. LOL.

Can I quote you to BTA? I just think peeps there will be happy to read about it. :)

3. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

It sounds that way, but they can't stop them off screen and making up for what's lacking on screen!:lol: They just need to figure out how to get it on screen.
    Go right ahead..I'm happy to be the barer of good news.:thumbsup:

4. Sakura_Kiss

Sakura_Kiss Hit and Run

PureJoy's chemistry is so good I bet William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger wanted them to end up together.

Kinda makes you wonder if all CSI stars ever watch the other CSIs and who they ship.

And to answer Erica's question, I'm from the Philippines.

5. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Yay, Erica, I've watched the re-run, and the phone call scene was sooo cute!! "Don't go all Hollywood on us!" I loved the comedy, it made giggle alot, and like you said, Cath and Gil are always there fore eachother.... Hehe I wanna read a fic, got any more recommendations for me?

Oh my word, that sounds sooo cute, I'm so getting this magazine at the weekend, I missed the first LV one. :( It had an interview with Billy, didn't it? I got the NY one and loved it, so I really need the LV one. :D But like you said, Cath is realising Gil is the only one she can depend on, but we already knew that, lets hope she does something about it, before the show ends. Hehe, that has made me happy, that Marg would like G/C together. <3 :lol:

6. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

The first magazine did have an interview with Billy in it, but the best I can remember nothing was said about G/C. If it had, I'm sure I would've remembered lol. Truth be told, Gil really is the only one she's been able to depend on over the years. I still wish he would've showed up at her place after Eddie was killed...course he did have problems of his own at the time.:lol: I just think that was such a missed opportunity....oh well, now if we could just get Billy to say something like this.;)

7. Stepherweps

That's so true, if we could get Billy to say it aswell as Cath, maybe the writers would begin to get the picture... :lol: Here's hoping... Now we just need to find a way to make him say it... *Schemes* Although I think he'd be very happy about it if he got a reason to kiss Marg, hehe, it would be the perfect scenario, he'd be happy, she'd be happy and we'd be happy... :lol: <3

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Update a fic hmm - which one? I have so many :D

To me, there is always something going on between the two behind the scenes - they just don't show it on air.

That episode sounds great! I can't wait to see more new CSI in Aus.

And OMG...what a thing for Marg to say. Just ANOTHER reason to fall in love with her :D

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I don't think the actors have any special preference when it comes to ships. I think they're okay with anything as long as it's well-written. However, when they bring up how great it is to work with a certain colleague repeatedly, then it's different. It shows how much they like to work together and how strong of a bond or connection they have. Not saying Marg is determined to get C/G, because obviously she likes (or used to like) C/W, too, but she does think there was chemistry between her and Billy on the show that was so great that TPTB had to cool it off. And from Billy's interaction with her through the years, I'd say he enjoys her presence (both on and off screen) very much, too. That should be an alarm to TPTB. They have no idea what they have missed by separating Catherine and Gil. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to hook them up in a romantic relationship on the show (because I just don't think TPTB are good at handling such stuff and there are already examples), but they had done so well with the friendship and the partnership of C and G in the early seasons and I don't think I can ever figure out how they'd want to dismiss that. I have to admit that they've been doing better in the post-strike episodes, though. Now that both Marg and Billy have re-newed their contracts (and Marg for two years...who'd expect that? :lol:), there's a chance for TPTB to find the sparks again and bring us back to the good old days. This is probably too much to ask at the moment, but here's hope.

Oh. If anyone that doesn't have the mag wants to see scans and read the interview online, Margamania has them. :)

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  10. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

Aww, that's such a sweet thing for Marg to say. I'm glad that at least the actors know about how wonderfully amazing their chemistry is.

so wow, last night's season finale eh? I was so shocked at the end! Best ep I've seen in ages.

I liked the scene with Cath and Gil when they were trying to figure out how they could investigate Warrick's case and when she suggested that if they solved one case, they could solve Warrick's. I loved how Gil's face sort of lit up. It was so like her to find a way to make him feel better by suggesting a way to help. I also like the scene in the diner. It was reminiscent of Strip Strangler. I like how they were all laughing together. I betcha Cath said something about Gil.

Gosh I can't wait to see how Gil and Cath are gonna react when they find out about Warrick. There are going to be some heavy-duty comfort scenes then.

11. Stepherweps

Oh was there good G/C scenes in the ep? How did it end? :lol: Do tell... I can't wait to Tuesday to see what happens, that seems like too long away...

Anne, I don't mind which of your fics you upload... Any of them, hehe, I love them all equally. :D You're such a fab writer. :D

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I can't say I loved the finale, but yeah, it was definitely one of the better episodes from season 8. Despite knowing Gary was leaving the show, I totally didn't expect to see Warrick... well you know. And I never thought TPTB had the balls to do that to a main character. I sort of understand why they chose to do that, though. Nick didn't die, neither did Brass and Sara. If Warrick didn't, it would get old and uninteresting. I'm just sorry that it had to be him.

I did love the little C/G moments. 27dayz was right. Cath seems to always know how to make Gil feel better. Despite how different they seem to be, she actually knows him better than anyone else does. 20+ years of friendship FTW. The diner scene was oh so bittersweet. It's so sad that we're never going to get that again. :(

Btw Samielle, glad to know you're from Asia, too. I'm from Taiwan so we're quite close to each other...relatively. LOL. <3

13. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I thought the finale was better than some of the other episodes in this season too...It was nice to see that moment between Gil and Cath when she told him how they could solve the case....just goes to show that she's his right hand....and the diner scene, oh man, you just knew something was going to happen:(....i'm curious to see how it plays out next season....i think, considering what happened, there's a great opportunity for some G/C moments and like 27dayz said some heavy duty comfort scenes.

14. Sakura_Kiss

Sakura_Kiss Hit and Run

You guys are so lucky to have watched the finale, I'm so late on the episodes. What excactly happened to Warrick? I would have adored the G/C scenes you've been talking about.

Here's hoping that the next season will give us more PureJoy moments, and hopefuly some of my other ships will get some action too.

15. Stepherweps

Cath made Gil feel better, awww!! :D What did she do? Ooh, what happened at the dinner scene and why will we never see it again? I'm getting worried... :lol: How did it leave the prospects of good G/C scenes season 9?

Aww Warrick died? :( I wasn't expecting for that to happen... How'd he die? He wasn't a favourite of mine, but he will be missed... I am rather intrigued by the sound of this episode, it sounds like a good one to me... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.