Gil <3 Cath #29: PureJoy–Enough Chemistry to Power Vegas

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Title for the next Gil <3 Cath therad?

1. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Ready for a Tequila Holiday

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – How 'Bout That Roll in the Sack?

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Partners at Work and at Play

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Back in the Sack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – God, Just Kiss Already!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because It's Been Brewing All Along

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – The Definition of Chemistry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexing Up the Sin City

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Chemistry Since Day One

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  11. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because They Have a Healthy Relationship

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

*Pops by to say hello. Rushes around and hugs you all* Gosh it's been such a long time since I've been in here... I've been a very bad G/C shipper... :( But Anne, I've been reading some of your fics and they have re-ignited my love for Gil and Cath... :adore: I haven't seen For Warrick yet, but it sounds heartbreaking... The caps also make it look really sad... :( I can't believe there are only a few more eps left with Billy in them... It upsets me greatly... But I guess he can't carry on for ever... Anyhoo... Oh 19ams87, I can see why your mind moved to the gutter when Cath told Gil she'd have take his clothes... :devil: Where is the quote in your sig from by the way?

Steph.

2. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

3. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I know!:scream: I was so upset because nobody hugged anybody at first, especially Gil & Cath, but as you said, he was covered in blood and distraught. Great, great acting by everybody I gotta say. I think the look that they shared in that first scene was better than any words they could have come up with and heartbreaking. It just spoke volumes on so many levels.:(

How in the world could they get brother & sister out of G/C?!?!:eek: There is no way, and I mean no way that could be possible. If it is, then that family has got some serious problems.:lol: I second that vote for them to be in charge. They know exactly what they're doing and how to do it! I think they know exactly what we want cause they want the same thing.:D

Hey Steph, nice to see you back. *hugs back* You gotta see that lovely TV guide article and pics. Just like ams said, you can never get tired of looking at it.:drool:

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

First - I've seen some clips and second - hello PureJoy moments!

Particularly in that final scene - just the look they share...anyway, here is the review thingy I wrote on BTA:

I haven't watched it yet, except some clips of it, but this is my opinion so far:

I understand they like to push GSR, but imho, having Catherine wedged between Greg and Nick at the funeral and not sitting beside Grissom was a mistake. That just struck me as really off.

I liked how during the funeral you saw all of the different characters in closeups - except Brass and Mandy, which irked me a little.

People who should have been there and were noticeably missing: Lindsey, Sofia and some other cops that Warrick's known over the years.

That pic (in Warrick's place) is gorgeous, but it's not the team. It's the actors. But they all look great (Marg, keep the red in your hair please [​IMG] )

Marg in glasses. Made my night.

Mandy and Catherine both looked stunning at the funeral - and I loved the scene between them earlier.

I liked that the last person Gil looks at when he's making his speech is Catherine. That really said something to me, and it was well done.

Sara was back, but like others, I just felt she was sort of...redundant. I don't mean that in a nasty way, because I do like Jorja (except still not sure about the new haircut), but it just felt "Oh, Warrick's dead, we better bring her back too."

Glad to hear GSR didn't dominate the episode - it should have been all Warrick, which is good.

A few things struck me in the hugging scenes:

1. When Sara hugged Nick, I saw more affection and emotion in that hug than either character has had with anyone else before. That was just - well, I can imagine Snickers shippers were screaming with joy.

2. I was so shocked when I saw Catherine and Sara hug that I had to replay it. When I did, the look on Catherine's face amused me. It was "Oh, god, you're here. Oh god, now we're hugging....wtf?" It just seemed awkward.

3. Greg and Sara together was so cute. I love it.

4. I saw that screencap of Billy and Jorja and the bedroom scene - I have to say, the past few times I've seen them in scenes together, Billy has been doing a REALLY BAD job of making GSR believable. Seriously, in that picture he's like "What am I doing here?"

Looking forward to more Marg...

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Sigh. The look they shared...just like Anne said, they never need a word to communicate. That look said it all. And when Catherine covered her mouth and sobbed...Gosh that was just heartbreaking. I wasn't really impressed by this episode, but that scene is definitely one of the few things I loved about it. :)

Oh I read the article wher Naren Shankar said he saw Gil and Cath as brother and sister, but that was after there was a canon ship. So again, it's the job that has them promote the canon and deny everything else, just like what Billy did when he was intrviewed by the CSI staff and the Early Show (I call it CBS' official pimp for CSI lol) and Lord knows what they really think until they get interviewed by someone who doesn't work for CBS and is interested in asking them about other things than the ship (see TV Guide interview lol). At least as far as I know, Carol Mendelsohn wasn't as eagar about the ship that's now canon in the early seasons as she is now. ;) It isn't important anyway. The point is we love this ship. And let's just not forget that Billy and Marg were asked to "cool it down" when they shared scenes in the early seasons (I lost the link to the original article, but Marg confirmed that again in her CSI magazine interview). So I think TPTB do have a good idea about the undeniable chemistry between the two actors and their characters. They just ignored it and only God knows why.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree. It should have been Nick, Greg, Sara, Griss, Cath. Greg should have been sitting next to his two best friends and Griss should have been sitting next to his best friend. Though I did love Cath grabbing Nick's hand.

The Nick/Sara hug was nice, but I personally thought the Greg/Sara hug in this ep was much more emotional. She hugged him the longest (with the exception of Gil) and he said "I'm glad you're here." or something to that effect and there was a lot of emotion in his voice. And I think the Cath/Nicky hug in "Boom" after she proved Jack whatshisname killed Kristy was way more emotional than the Sara/Nick hug last night was. Just my opinion.

Me too. I didn't think they really liked each other that much. :lol: They seemed to butt heads quite a bit. :lol:

I agree. It was cute how Greg wanted to help her get some clothes from Warrick's place for the funeral. He just wanted to spend time with her. He missed his best friend.

I really wanted hugs between the team members besides just them hugging Sara. I wanted to see Grissom and Greg hug in that first scene. He looked like he wanted to hug Griss. :lol: I mean come on, they are like family after all. The only guy I ever saw Nick hug was Grissom and that's when he thought he was leaving (funny scene). "Nick, stop hugging me." :lol: And the only guy I remember Warrick hugging was Grissom in "For Gedda". Nick and Warrick were best friends, so it only stands to reason that they'd hug even if it was just a guy hug. :lol: And I really wanted Greg and Nick to hug cause I think they have a great friendship too. And Cath and Greg haven't hugged since he got promoted. Even Greg hugging the other labrats would have been nice (cept maybe Hodges, but then again that would have been kind of funny lol). And why didn't we get to see Brass and Sara hug? Brass always cared about Sara. :sigh: I liked the ep, but I think it was too small. I mean, they should have stretched it out two hours instead of one so they could have all those other scenes. I wanted to see Nicky go up to Tina after the funeral and ask to hold Eli. That would have been cute.

You wanna know the first thing I thought when I saw Sara's hair? "Sara has 'Mom' hair." :lol: I have no idea why that thought popped into my head except maybe possibly it was a hairstyle that my mother had once upon a time or something. :lol:

I didn't notice Gil looking at Cath at the funeral. I honestly thought he was looking at the whole crowd and no one in particular. And I watched the scene thrice and missed it all three times. :lol: I plan to watch the whole ep again though, so maybe I'll catch it then. I just watched the whole ep Thursday night and then saw the Warrick tribute on you tube and then watched the funeral scene again when my cousin came over and wanted to watch that scene (cause she had missed that scene due to her boyfriend calling or something). :lol: I told her I wanted to watch the whole ep again, but she didn't want to. :lol:

I did however notice the looks passed back and forth between Gil and Cath at the crime scene and when Nicky told them it was McKeen.

And okay, maybe it was good Grissom finding Warrick (I still want to know how he got there first when Nick was still at that diner), but I still wish Nick had at least run out of the diner and been standing there with them when Warrick died. I think Nick would have realized when McKeen ran up and Warrick was looking at McKeen funny. Nick would have realized something was up there. Grissom was too freaked out to notice. But, Nicky is very observant even in a crisis and I think he most definitely would have noticed. And then Mckeen wouldn't have even thought about reaching for his gun with two extra people there rather than just the one extra person. :lol:

I gave the ep a solid A, but it could have gotten an A+ if it had done some other stuff I wanted to see lol.

I have to say though the best scene was Nick holding the gun on McKeen. His hand shaking, tempted to pull the trigger and avenge his best friend. That was just awesome.

But, I was also glad to finally see Grissom show some emotion too. He didn't show as much as one would expect when Sara was missing/kidnapped. I just have to wonder how much he would have shown if it had been Catherine instead. He seemed to be highly disturbed by those guys kidnapping Lindsey. Things that make you go hmm...

Nick found Sara, Gil found Sara's kidnapper and would-be killer. Griss found Warrick and Nick found Warrick's killer. I guess that's an even trade, huh?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  7. Stepherweps

Thank you so much for that article Ams. *Hugs* It has just made my day, I love how Billy and Cath are so close, they just bounce off of eachother so well and they are just so darn cute in interviews. :adore: I love how they both want Cath and Gil to get together, and how Billy said, he's seen it coming for a long time... I'd love to see an ep where he came back and he got with Cath... Gosh that would make me so unbelievably happy... :adore: Oh gosh, it was just such a cute interview. Thanks again. :D

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Love the icon, Steph. :)

Yeah, I've seen the Gil/Cath thing since the very first episode. I actually thought they had dated at that point. They had so much chemistry. :lol:

9. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I didn't get that either.:confused: I mean if they couldn't give us a hug, the least they could've done was have them set beside each other. First and foremost, they're best friends, they've known each other the longest, she's his right hand and there's a comfortable presence there. It just makes sense for them to be at each other's sides, relationship or not.

And as far as the hugs go, what was up with Sara being the only one to hug everybody?!:wtf: Maybe if the episode has been longer there would've been time to get more in, but with the time given, it had to be all business for Warrick. I do have a theory though, I bet when Cath walked in Grissom's office, she would've hugged him had he been the only one in there.

10. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I know, right? The first thing I thought was, well, I don't miss my brother's "tush" when he's gone. COME, ON. Brother and sister?! Really?! Maybe Marg was right, the writers must smoke some stong crack.

YES! I thought that too. It was like seeing an ex boyfriend/girlfriend and you're like, 'Um, hiiii!' but secretly you're thinking 'URGH, what the hell do I do?! OMG he/she's hugging me.' It was just wierd, I never thought of them two as close in any way, shape or form. They're kinda opposites but not in the hot way that Griss/Cath are ;)

I didn't like it either but I still expected it. I think they try to push that Sara is more important to Grissom now (LIES!) so they "have" to place her beside him, y'know for "continuity"...LOL, right, not that G/C were/are best friends, yet shared practically barely any scenes in the last two seasons. Good ol' continuity eh?!

No worries amigo, I loved sharing it. It's absolutly adorable. Made me fall back in love with GCR and Billy. Siiiiiigh. *reads again*

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

The only thing I can see in Catheine and Gil is an old married couple...alright perhaps crazy hot s.. you get the idea. :lol: It's quite sad that the actors know what they like, and want on the show, but have to go the opposite way because TPTB won't allow it. However, it's also great to know that the both of them really like the idea even though they can't make it really happen on the show. :) I think what Billy said in that interview makes some good material for fanfics. I especially love the idea about Gil going to Mexico and coming back to take Catherine with him. That sounds just cute, and imagine what they'd do in Mexico. :lol:

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

That explains it! TPTB are delusional! Don't tell the mods i am being sarcastic shhhhh :shifty:

The interviews for promoting the show seem SO scripted to me. Especially the GSR ones, so it is really hard to tell if the actors are even happy with the storylines. I get the feeling there is huge disagreements with this storyline behind the scenes.

I laugh at it, cause its so freaking funny. GSR isn't even serious, has to be the worst storyline i have ever seen on a show. But i am mad about ruining Grissom's character, blah.

Er, yeah, she needs to go back to her season 5 hair, stat. I am not sure what both her and Billy were eating during their break, but wow....they are both a bit larger.

I know it seems like it wouldn't make sense for Grissom to get their first over Nick, but because of the loud music masking the gun shots, it wouldn't have made sense for Nick to hear them.

Yeah, i was kind of disappointed that Grissom was covered in blood, cause no one would hug him :p And Grissom confiding in Sara :rolleyes: That completely contradicts the first six seasons of the show.

13. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Yeah, a married couple is definately better than brother and sister (I just can't get over how somebody would get that out of them...it's crazy:lol:). I still find it hard to believe that nothing ever happened between these two at some point of the years since they've known each other. I mean, I look at them together and I'm like there's no way, somewhere, somehow, something went down cause there's just too much there. I think they should go on strike until they give them what they want. We could get out there with picket signs.:lol: Anyway, I think everything in that interview has material for fanfics. I'm actually surprised somebody hasn't wrote about their 'lost weekend' yet.

14. Stepherweps

Oh I agree with you Erica, it sucks that TPTB don't listen to what the actors want... Oh I also agree with you in that, I'd love to see a fic about Gil and Cath going off to Mexico together, that would be such a funny fic. You can just imagine Gil wearing a sombrero, I bet Cath would have a laugh at that. I very much doubt however that she'd be seen with him wearing it... We could also have some cute scenes with them on the beach drinking margarita's... Oh Gil and Cath in Mexico would be fun... :lol:

15. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hey xfcanadian, welcome to the thread! Nice to see a fellow Torontonian here... it was getting pretty lonely being the only Canadian here.

PureJoy in Mexico? That'd be really crazy... though Gil might complain about the lack of insects. Then again, he and Cath could always travel in their spare time. I keep picturing them as this globe-trotting couple... they could even bring Lindsey with them on some trips.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.