Gil <3 Cath #27: PureJoy--He Enjoys Her Slaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
kaylyne those comics are great! they are a lot like Gris and Cath. Fantastic :D
I'm still working on the finale shippy moments between Gil and Cath. I'm trying to think [off the top of my head] if Bloodlines had any shippy moments between these two???

kissmesweet said: Sorry, but I couldn't help but see the collages you made of the team and they are gorgeous! :) Thank you!
Hey, no problem. Glad you like them. Feel free to snag anything I've put on there. The reason I put things online is for them to be shared.

Heather, there weren't any real shippy moments in Bloodlines. The only decent GC scene would be when Cath is trying to get Gil to use logic instead of science (in other words, get his head out of the microscope again):
GRISSOM: According to the DNA, the blood from Linley Parker's smashed window matches the semen from all the rapes.
CATHERINE: Which means it doesn't match Todd Coombs.
GRISSOM: Or Kevin Coombs. Or any of the rest of the brothers Grimm.
CATHERINE: Linley was absolutely certain that Todd Coombs raped her.
GRISSOM: That's not what the evidence says.
CATHERINE: Well, maybe the evidence is wrong.
GRISSOM: You can be wrong, I can be wrong, the evidence is just the evidence.
CATHERINE: Deep down, tell me you don't think this guy is good for this.
(GREG opens the sliding door and gives his report.)
GREG: I got the DNA on the hair you lifted off Linley Parker's body. Get this. It's Todd Coombs.
CATHERINE: Puts him with the body.
GRISSOM: It doesn't prove rape.
CATHERINE: I'll have Brass bring him in.

It's interesting to me how Cath is usually the only one to actually challenge him on this type of stuff.

^^ I totally agree. Cath always challenges him and makes him do a better job and vice versa. I think its great: love is meant to make you someone better than yourself, all the while being true. :) I love that about them: the husband/wife unit in their relationship! :lol:

One thing that caught my attention tonight: SpikeTV was showing Blood Drops, and there's a scene where Brass comes out of the room after the kid takes the lie detector test --
NICK: We got them both. I don't much care why they did it.
WARRICK: I'm with you there.
GRISSOM: I care. I don't like holes. What are they hiding?

That's interesting to note since just two episodes before that -in Friends & lovers- Catherine tells Nick that the "why" is just as important --
CATHERINE: We still don't know why.
NICK: It's not our job to know why. It's our job to know how. You heard Grissom. The more the 'why', the less the 'how', the less the 'how', the more the 'why'.
CATHERINE: Hey, Nick.
NICK: Yeah?
CATHERINE: Grissom's not always right. Do yourself a favor and think for yourself. I mean that as a friend, okay?

So, it seems that in the span of two episodes, Catherine must have (off screen) taught Gil the lesson that the "why" is just as important as the "how". And it seems Nick still didn't remember that lesson either.

*humph* I want the colour version. No fair. Maybe i'll just go to work on my comic with my felt tips, well, I am a Graphics student after all lol. Thanks for letting me have a look at your PB Kaylyne, muchos appreciative. :D

CATHERINE: Grissom's not always right.
I like that it's almost always Cath who can see that he isn't a superhuman perfect shiny guy, he is wrong sometimes and she knows that. Another reason why she balences him out.

you are right kaylyne no 'real shippy' momomets between Gris and Cath in Bloodlines. I do like the dialouge you have between them from the episode.
I picked Bloodlines because all the other's involving Cath/Gris were mentioned and there were NO shippy moment in Grave Danger IMO :)

She always does seem to get him to pull his head out so to speak :lol:
It's true, she is his connection to the outside world and he is her link to more 'scientific' things

I think Catherine's the only one who will challenge him because Catherine's the only one who's not afraid of him in anyway and she doesn't see him as the be-all and end-all of forensics.

To Nick and Greg especially, I think Grissom has always had this almost god-like persona. We know Sara worships the ground he walks on, and Warrick also, ever since Grissom saved his ass in Season 1.

Catherine is the only one who is not afraid to stand up to him, push him, challenge him, get in his face, call him on his faults and make him view the cold-hard reality, and I think it's a thing of vice-versa as well.

I'm with you guys: Catherine's the only match for Grissom. She isn't afraid of him, or eagar to suck up to him. *cough Sara cough* Catherine can rival Grissom's forensic skills and I think that's a healthy relationship: a little competetiveness never hurt anyone!
:D

I like that's what Gil loves about Cath too: her eagarness, her loyalty and the way she pushes him to be a better version of himself.

Catherine's the only one who's not afraid of him in anyway and she doesn't see him as the be-all and end-all of forensics.
Absolutly, couldn't agree more. I love the man but it seems to me that a lotta the CSIs think he's a sort of god. He's damn good at his job and he's dedicated and what not, but it's only Cath who sees he isn't perfect.

I've been reading 'Sin City' all day, like 4 hours straight, got it finished and awwwwwwwh the ending! Grissom cooks her breakfast, I nearly swooned myself to death I swear. Death by fluff. Now that's a way to go out eh?! I sooo wanna quote but i'll refrain as not to spoil it for peepul who wanna read it, and, you should ;)

You guys are right on the mark with their relationship.
Gris isn't a forensic GOD. Although sometimes he does come across that way :eek:

Catherine doesn't back down to him, she doesn't take stuff from him, and she will defend herself to him.
She calls people on things, that's how she gets to the truth. Gris is not the 'people' person she is, he relies on evidence to do the talking for him.

That's why they are a crack team, not just forensically but in life as well.... :)

19ams87 said:
Catherine's the only one who's not afraid of him in anyway and she doesn't see him as the be-all and end-all of forensics.
Absolutly, couldn't agree more. I love the man but it seems to me that a lotta the CSIs think he's a sort of god. He's damn good at his job and he's dedicated and what not, but it's only Cath who sees he isn't perfect.

I've been reading 'Sin City' all day, like 4 hours straight, got it finished and awwwwwwwh the ending! Grissom cooks her breakfast, I nearly swooned myself to death I swear. Death by fluff. Now that's a way to go out eh?! I sooo wanna quote but i'll refrain as not to spoil it for peepul who wanna read it, and, you should ;)

He cooks her breakfast?

All together now:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

He cooks her breakfast?
Yup! It really is the cutest thing in the world, I read that chapter twice *embarresed* she watches him scrambling eggs and there is *THE* cutest thing when he gives her her plate. Made me :D for hours. :D :D << see!

You want me to PM you the shippy quotes? Awhhhh it's the sweetest thing I swear to god!

^^ Ahhh, that's so cute! :) See? Even the CSI book authors loves Grillows! :D I'm SO GETTENG that book! :D Thanks 19am87!
Anything Grillows goes.
Catherine doesn't back down to him, she doesn't take stuff from him, and she will defend herself to him.
Definitely. She's a strong person and she won't take his crap. :D

19ams87: Can I PM you about the shippy quotes please?

I think that was on another board about who is/are C/G shippers. Obviously the writers of the CSI books are. At least Max Allen Collins. :)

I might be joining them in finding the shippy quotes ams :lol:

even writers can't deny their connection :)

19ams87: Can I PM you about the shippy quotes please?
I might be joining them in finding the shippy quotes ams
PM me away! I'd be happy to share the love from Max Allen Collins. I wuv him! Not just because he writes G/C better than tptb, his stuff is actually really entertaining. I read Sin City for 4 hours straight one day. Very very good.

And Kissy, call me Ams :D and I shall call you Kissy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back