Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require a Pay Raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
*looks around* CSIangel's not around? Oh well, here goes... This one should be an easy one (psst, rebec, have a go at it!)

GRISSOM: Every time you find a body, you have to choose a path and when you take that path, Grasshopper, you risk destroying the evidence.

CATHERINE: We grab a trowel and some fine mesh screens and we just pretend like we're panning for gold ... Master.

Btw, yay for our new thread - and I do so love the title!!! Indeed, kissing her doesn't require the network to pay him even a dime. :D

So let's review - very briefly - some of their free and happy lip-locking history...
There's this:

And of course:
the anticipation...

*speechless*

and the obviously delighted "aftermath":

Woot new thread! By the way, thanks erica for always welcoming me back :D
Drumchik said:
Continuing our discussion from the previous thread about Catherine knowing about Gil's hearing loss, I felt as well that the scene where the team is eating Chinese, and Catherine and Gil are sitting at opposite ends of the table and she tries to bring him into the conversation, she's almost testing him, and making sure he's okay with her: "Grissom? What do you think?"
I missed that one. But that's incredibly sweet!

ren I love your signature! I've been staring at it reliving the gc moments :D

rebec said:
For the Holly Gibbs case, I loved how cath took the case even though gil was against the idea. Because it was the first episode, I was impressed and amused that cath did not hesitate to get into his face like that and that he had no idea how to reject her.
That's because they're equals and they respect each other. He listens to her and trusts her. She knows he'd give in to her that's why she went out and said what she feels and what she wanted to do. They can battle it out but in the end they kiss and make up so it's all good. :D

Oh. I thought we were going to discuss the cases Catherine and Gil actually worked together. LOL. But both kaylyne and rebec have their points. So I'll add Cool Change to the case list. :)

I think Gil never knows how to say no to Catherine, rebec, because he simply can't resist her and Catherine knows that well. :D I love how bossy Catherine is to Gil and how Gil always listens to her. That's really cute. And from their interaction regarding Holly's case, you just know that for Gil, Catherine is very different from his other team members. He lets her take control, which means although he doesn't think she should handle the case, he still trusts her ability. Then he goes to her and waits for her outside the morgue while she scrapes Holly's fingernails. That's just so touching and so sweet. And Catherine admits that she needs him! For a woman who always tries to look strong and independent in front of other people, it's not easy to do that. However, she doesn't mind letting Gil see her needy, vulnerable side. Romantic or not, that's definitely some strong, close relationship.

And thanks WP, Sara_Girssom_Fan and everyone for the congratulations. It's nice to see you guys here. :) Tracey, you missed a lot! LOL. Dang it, House has kidnapped you from us. But oh well, at least you're better than Angie...*rollseyes*

cofi I love your new avvie. The lick looks yummy indeed. :)

I already miss the caps, everybody. O_O

Yeah, Cool Change was the first time we really see that Catherine is more than just a co-worker for him. It's obvious, you don't let anyone tell you what to do, you don't let your employees do what they want, you don't usually treat them as your confident. We see each of this things in the episode, and that was the first time we really understand that she's his best friend, and viceversa.
In fact, you can also understand that she's not doing it just to be the boss, or because she thinks she's better than him, but simply because she cares about him and wants him to do the right thing.

You also see haw Gil can tolerate her impulsivity...And that's important, because he's such an ethical person, and he shouldn't accept certain attitudes. For her, he does.
That's beautiful <3

New thread! Whoopee!! :D :D :D

Love the name :lol:

Cool Change, huh? I was just watching a re-run of it last night and it made me miss the good old days :( Back before TMTB committed character assassination.

Anyway, I love love loved Gil in this one. He knew that Catherine was dealing with a lot of things and he was there for her. Just like a best friend should be. And, Cath being Cath, of course she wanted to do it on her own, though she did admit that she actually did need him.

PureJoy at its finest <3 <3 :D

GRISSOM: Every time you find a body, you have to choose a path and when you take that path, Grasshopper, you risk destroying the evidence.

CATHERINE: We grab a trowel and some fine mesh screens and we just pretend like we're panning for gold ... Master.
I did some homework, it's from Slaves of Las Vegas when they were processing the crime scene when a naked body was found in a sand box ;)

Btw ren, I love those pictures that you posted! If he requests a pay raise for every kiss the he'll surely get fired :lol:

I'm so happy we're back to season one, there's just so much purejoy to go around :D So do we go on to discuss SOLV or do we move on to PMJ cuz that's the one that comes after Cool Change according to Erica's list.

Anyways, I'll just post a new quote

CATHERINE: Close your mouth.
I loved that scene :D

Who me ? Rebec NO WAY ! I never close my mouth :lol: just kidding !

Yeah, another new thread ! and I do love the title
Q_DANC7E1.gif

Hum, I missed a lot of the new convo guys ! could you explain to me where are we ? quotes, S1 ... sorry, I'm lost . As usual :rolleyes:

^ Okay, we're having two topics going on at the moment. One is the quote game, the other one is case discussion. coolc suggested that we make a list of cases that Catherine and Gil worked together. That's why you see a case list for season one in one of my previous posts. Apart from those, Fra also wants the caps. LOL. Jeez we're really unorganized, aren't we? :lol:

Just a reminder to the regulars in our thread...please make sure you comply the posting rules while you make a post. It helps you make good posts and makes it easier for the mods to handle the board.

And I'll answer rebec's quote...it's from season one's Table Steaks. Catherine and Gil are in the backstage of a show for the Lacey Duvall case. Gil is fascinated by the show girls and his mouth hangs open. Catherine sees that and tells him to close his mouth. :D

I can't hand myself hotdogs. Can someone get me brownies instead? :lol:

Brownies? I think you like steaks more since you said the episode is Table Steaks :lol: Anyway, I think you meant Table Stakes and that answer is correct ;)

*hands Erica steaks and brownies*
Brownies make me think of chocolate and that gives me some very guttery ideas about GC :devil: Btw, you forgot my hotdog *pouts*

Cath was so wifey in that scene :D and gil's expression was so cute. They really make a cute couple, and I love the fact that whenever there's a case that requires the CSIs to visit strip clubs gil and cath are mostly the ones that end up there together and they have some of the best moments when they're there :D

So, to the first real case with our PureJoy actually working together - The Wendy Barger case from PMJ. I know most people consider either the "What personal stuff" or the "boat" scene to be their favorite here, but the one that really sticks out for me is where they're each searching for the boat. Gil using a lab experiment, Cath "taking a walk". He asks how she found it, she says "I took a walk". When Gil tells Cath "well done, Catherine", she gives a little giggle. Not only do you see their very different techniques in finding the same answer, but you also see that Cath still seeks approval/praise from Gil, even though they're on the same level.

As for the case itself, this is the first time we really see that Cath allows her feelings/emotions play a big part into her work - where she tells Mr Barger that his wife was having an affair - and it eventually leads to another murder. Shades of things to come with Cath not following the "rules"? Definitely!

oh yay! i love the thread title. and all the pics. quite loverly.

cool change was the first true gc interaction. i agree that cath allowed gil to see her vunerability by acknowledging she needed him. even more amazing, especially with what we've seen recently was his anticipating her need of him. this was the grissom that fans loved, the man who showed emotion even if he was stand-offish most of the time. he looked out for friends. he backed his employees. *looks around and can't find this grissom*

and yes, kay, we do see cath's tendency to get involved in cases on a personal level. but don't forget gil does the same thing a few eps later when they discover a missing girl from many years ago is actually a suspect in a case they are working. he thinks he can let mommy see said daughter without a reaction. dumba$$ man.

^^ Dang it. I was thinking about having a steak tomorrow so I typed steaks. LOL. *hands rebec hotdogs* And welcome back, littlesara. :) As for my quote, I'll make it an easy one and leave the hard ones to kay and coolc. :D

GREG: I thought you and Grissom were tight.
CATHERINE: We are.
GREG: Okay. Got it. Private.
I love the boat searching scene in PMJ, too, kay, and I think you gave a great perspective on it. This is where we see how Catherine and Gil think similarly but act differently. And yes, Catherine still seeks approval from Gil. I think that tells how important Gil is to her, how much his approval means to her.

I wouldn't say it's a good move for Catherine to tell Mr. Barger about his wife's affair. Her motive is out of compassion, I guess, because she has been there and she thinks the husband has the right to know. That still doesn't make that right, I know, but I doubt Gil has the right to blame her while in Face Lift, he lets the parents meet Tammy out of compassion which eventually leads to Tammy's escape and costs more lives later in season two.

ETA: LOL coolc, you and I are talking about the same case, the Tammy Felton one. :lol:

Yay! New Thread! :)
ren28 said:
Btw, yay for our new thread - and I do so love the title!!! Indeed, kissing her doesn't require the network to pay him even a dime. :D

So let's review - very briefly - some of their free and happy lip-locking history...
There's this:
http://img136.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc108&image=18095_normal_marghelgenberger1079.jpg

And of course:
the anticipation...
http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=normaletprev91410it3.jpg

*speechless*
http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=normaletprev9145gx3.jpg

and the obviously delighted "aftermath":
http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=normaletprev91413ne9.jpg
Btw ren since you mentioned kissing (love the pics btw yumm!!!).. Here's my gift.. I only wanted to post kissing but since theirloveisso anyways I also included some other stuff.. ogling, tweaking, sucking, tongue action, tweaking and yeah kissing. and yeah i agree with you ren, he kisses her even without a script and a pay raise lmfao.

yumlg1.gif

ogling, tweaking, sucking, licking, kissing.. those are tiring, i think they're underpaid lol!.. if i were tmtb, even if theyre not asking for it, i would give them a raise for doing those energy-depleting activities, lol.

littlesara1 said:
Cool Change, huh? I was just watching a re-run of it last night and it made me miss the good old days :( Back before TMTB committed character assassination.

Anyway, I love love loved Gil in this one. He knew that Catherine was dealing with a lot of things and he was there for her. Just like a best friend should be. And, Cath being Cath, of course she wanted to do it on her own, though she did admit that she actually did need him.

PureJoy at its finest <3 <3 :D
Yeah I love Cool Change too! And that was what was missing in Built to Kill Part 2.. they made Gil like a robot with loose screws and it irks me. He's got the Season 1 quirkiness in one scene in Built to Kill Part 2 (in the morgue with doc) so I thought well maybe TMTB came back their senses. But in the hospital scene he was like insensitive which was so contradictory to the early season Gil.

My favorite scene in Pledging Mr. Johnson was the "May I take your hand" scene.. well because Gil was so charming in that scene that he got Catherine to do what he wants. :D And Catherine isn't really that kind of woman who would do such icky things for a guy, she isn't a lovesick lost puppy following guys around. But in the end she took his hand. *sigh*
And of course I love the scene cuz they're so touchy feely in it.

Heya Fra you can call me Rissa. And yay! Formalities is one of my top GC eps too.

Fine. Rissa ;)

Pledging Mister Johnson was so full of PureJoy scenes, I can hardly decide one.

I'd say the "May I take your hand" one is mine, too. Her face was just too funny, and there we go: What would he do without her?

I bet Sara wouldn't have done it... T_T
lol, no offense to anyone.

Back to Gil, also the phone call E took in consideration was really cute! When they talk on the phone they look like two teenagers...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back