George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine cried too....but that was it as far as I saw and we will not see a grieving Nick according to Rambo so I guess he is telling us to move on....and to be honest I might have to turn if off until after episode 10. I am getting too stressed over a tv show...I am starting to miss Catherine and Nick.....they have fleeting moments and then they are gone...seems like season four for Nick all over again!!! George is such a great actor with a wide range of emotions so why not let him act....instead we get a new CSI and she is literally being crammed down our throats.....ENOUGH PLEASE!!!!

Enough ranting I guess but after watching the show last night and seeing the previews for next week....I felt sad for the show...it does not take a genious to see that we want more Nick.....if you look at CBS online you will see that the most watched video is of Let It Bleed and we didn't watch that episode for the great science....the chase scene was great George and I for one loved it!!!! Run baby run!!!

Grissom will leave and then we will deal with lawrence Fishburne being what the show is all about...sorry Nick you will not be assistant supervisor because they will not allow the newbie to be less than Nick...it will not happen...we are smarter than that...Nick is taking Warrick's place in many respects...if you remember they edged out Gary Dourdan in the same way...less story and less then out of his own frustration he stopped doing the show...he said it in a German Magazine interview....I am old school ...those who have shown commitment and hard work deserve recognition and respect....they are very good actors so let them shine for once CBS....PLEASE. Remember those 38 million viewers who tuned in to see if Nick lived or died....remember Gumdrops where George was told at the last moment that he would have to take the lead role and run with it due to WP's family crisis and he did and WOW...what an episode and the reviews were outstanding!!!! See a trend CBS????

Just feeling frustrated.....

I definitely feel your pain. Grave Danger (I/II) and Gumdrops are two of my favorite episodes. Why? Well could it be because Nick is the lead in each of them? I wish that TPTB would see that he is really one of the most popular characters and let him get more screen time! George Eads is really the only reason I tune in on Thurs. nights.

Shallow aren't I??:p

Catherine cried too....but that was it as far as I saw and we will not see a grieving Nick according to Rambo so I guess he is telling us to move on....and to be honest I might have to turn if off until after episode 10. I am getting too stressed over a tv show...I am starting to miss Catherine and Nick.....they have fleeting moments and then they are gone...seems like season four for Nick all over again!!! George is such a great actor with a wide range of emotions so why not let him act....instead we get a new CSI and she is literally being crammed down our throats.....ENOUGH PLEASE!!!!

Enough ranting I guess but after watching the show last night and seeing the previews for next week....I felt sad for the show...it does not take a genious to see that we want more Nick.....if you look at CBS online you will see that the most watched video is of Let It Bleed and we didn't watch that episode for the great science....the chase scene was great George and I for one loved it!!!! Run baby run!!!

Grissom will leave and then we will deal with lawrence Fishburne being what the show is all about...sorry Nick you will not be assistant supervisor because they will not allow the newbie to be less than Nick...it will not happen...we are smarter than that...Nick is taking Warrick's place in many respects...if you remember they edged out Gary Dourdan in the same way...less story and less then out of his own frustration he stopped doing the show...he said it in a German Magazine interview....I am old school ...those who have shown commitment and hard work deserve recognition and respect....they are very good actors so let them shine for once CBS....PLEASE. Remember those 38 million viewers who tuned in to see if Nick lived or died....remember Gumdrops where George was told at the last moment that he would have to take the lead role and run with it due to WP's family crisis and he did and WOW...what an episode and the reviews were outstanding!!!! See a trend CBS????

Just feeling frustrated.....

I definitely feel your pain. Grave Danger (I/II) and Gumdrops are two of my favorite episodes. Why? Well could it be because Nick is the lead in each of them? I wish that TPTB would see that he is really one of the most popular characters and let him get more screen time! George Eads is really the only reason I tune in on Thurs. nights.

Shallow aren't I??:p

No

But I'm tired of complaining and would like to do something. However, I can't do it alone. Anyone want to start some kind of petition. We could go to LiveJournal and other Nick friendly places.

The only reason GSR got as much as did was the fans got very organized.

The writers are out of touch as to what people want. Believe me, people are not on the message boards are complaining as well about lack of Nick.

So we could complain and get mad, or we could do something about it.

Boy, there's nothing like waiting 25 minutes to see Nick and then it was like a 'blink and you'll miss him' moment.

What are tptb thinking? Enough of Riley already.

We are definitely seeing a much more mature Nick. :drool: However, I think he, sorta, has a death wish. He's taking way too many chances. I don't know if he's doing it intentionally or not, but George himself said he wanted to do more action on the show, so maybe that's what they're doing.

He will definitely make a great leader, well that's if tptb will let him shine. :shifty: I mean seriously, 'Gum Drops' was so much more powerful with Nick being in the lead, then it would've with Grissom. Especially, after what happened to Nick. And thankfully WP couldn't be there (though another reason besides his friend dying would've been better) because all that episode was going to be was GSR. :rolleyes:

And Jacquie, you don't have to worry about missing any spoilers concerning Nick, because there aren't any. Its all Grissom, Grissom, Grissom!

Actually, they're really are no spoilers coming out, my guess is tptb finally wised up and fired all the leaks. :lol:

Boy, there's nothing like waiting 25 minutes to see Nick and then it was like a 'blink and you'll miss him' moment.

What are tptb thinking? Enough of Riley already.

We are definitely seeing a much more mature Nick. :drool: However, I think he, sorta, has a death wish. He's taking way too many chances. I don't know if he's doing it intentionally or not, but George himself said he wanted to do more action on the show, so maybe that's what they're doing.

He will definitely make a great leader, well that's if tptb will let him shine. :shifty: I mean seriously, 'Gum Drops' was so much more powerful with Nick being in the lead, then it would've with Grissom. Especially, after what happened to Nick. And thankfully WP couldn't be there (though another reason besides his friend dying would've been better) because all that episode was going to be was GSR. :rolleyes:

And Jacquie, you don't have to worry about missing any spoilers concerning Nick, because there aren't any. Its all Grissom, Grissom, Grissom!

Actually, they're really are no spoilers coming out, my guess is tptb finally wised up and fired all the leaks. :lol:

Coudl they fire some of the Grissom writers too.

I read an article that a poll showed that 37 Per cent of CSI viewers are not going to watch it after Grissom leaves.

Pretty sad when you think about it. Had the TPTB done the smart thing and developed all the characters, they would at least have someting to fall on.

But I'm tired of complaining and would like to do something. However, I can't do it alone. Anyone want to start some kind of petition. We could go to LiveJournal and other Nick friendly places.

Once upon a time, I sent a letter to Naren Shankar and Carol Mendelsohn (sp?) letting them know that not everyone was a fan of GSR. That some of us actually really wanted it to go away and we were more interested in seeing other characters in the forefront. Characters like Nick. That he was the reason some us bothered to tune in every week.

I went on to say that we were just as devoted but perhaps not as vocal. We didn't send people flowers or start letter writing campaigns or take out adds in Variety, etc.

But that didn't mean that we weren't out there or that we didn't care.

This was all said in a nice, intelligent, well articulated, politely worded letter with no ranting, raving or name calling.

Months went by...and then more months...and I sorta forgot that I had sent it. And then, about 10 months later, I got a reply in the mail. It had a letter from Naren telling me "thanks for being such a loyal fan" and an autographed group shot of all the CSI's. It was very formulaic.

It was then that I realized that what the fans/viewers wanted was irrelevant to them. They will do what they want and they have their own favorites and everyone else is just SOL.

So go ahead and set up your petition. I wish you luck, I truly do. But don't hold your breath waiting for TPTB to do anything about it.

Once upon a time, I sent a letter to Naren Shankar and Carol Mendelsohn (sp?) letting them know that not everyone was a fan of GSR. That some of us actually really wanted it to go away and we were more interested in seeing other characters in the forefront. Characters like Nick. That he was the reason some us bothered to tune in every week.

I went on to say that we were just as devoted but perhaps not as vocal. We didn't send people flowers or start letter writing campaigns or take out adds in Variety, etc.

But that didn't mean that we weren't out there or that we didn't care.

This was all said in a nice, intelligent, well articulated, politely worded letter with no ranting, raving or name calling.

Months went by...and then more months...and I sorta forgot that I had sent it. And then, about 10 months later, I got a reply in the mail. It had a letter from Naren telling me "thanks for being such a loyal fan" and an autographed group shot of all the CSI's. It was very formulaic.

It was then that I realized that what the fans/viewers wanted was irrelevant to them. They will do what they want and they have their own favorites and everyone else is just SOL.

So go ahead and set up your petition. I wish you luck, I truly do. But don't hold your breath waiting for TPTB to do anything about it.

Oh I know. I was just speculating.

Once I saw an article about Anthony Zuiker and his whole thing with Silicon Valley it finally dawned on me (like a piano falling on top of my head which is throbbing from a migraine now)that all they care about is money. And in their minds, what brings in the big bucks is Billy Petersen-in their eyes.

So no, this show is no longer about character development and good storylines and depth. It's about keeping the sponsors happy and the network happy.

I guess it had to be that way in order to pay for all the special effects. It's like a character in the Simpsons once said. "Give it that CSI effect, yeah, all flash..not substance.."

Nick brought substance to the show-unfortuantely it's not what the CSI people wanted. They just wanted George to stand there and look pretty and shut up.

Ah well. C'est la vie..there are bigger issues in the world..like smog, and polar caps melting..

Fans come last.

Thanks for letting me vent though.

I'm still holding out hope that they will finish up with forcing Riley down our throats. And Fishburn is going to be a
CSI level 1
, so I still think Catherine and Nick will take on the supervisor roles.

As for the gun scene last night, one review that I read had more of a take on it like it was Riley who was a little out of line, escalating the situation more than it should be, as well as being out of line with Grissom. And Nick was the sensible one trying to prevent her from turning it into a gun battle.

Maybe that's to show us what a "rebel" she is? :rolleyes: The Grissom part, I mean. And the gun part to show that she's reckless (they called her Quick Draw McGraw! :lol: Remember that cartoon?).

And that 37% who say they won't watch without Grissom? I'll bet they all at least give it a chance first, and I'd say most of them will still watch.

I'm still holding out hope that they will finish up with forcing Riley down our throats. And Fishburn is going to be a
CSI level 1
, so I still think Catherine and Nick will take on the supervisor roles.

As for the gun scene last night, one review that I read had more of a take on it like it was Riley who was a little out of line, escalating the situation more than it should be, as well as being out of line with Grissom. And Nick was the sensible one trying to prevent her from turning it into a gun battle.

Maybe that's to show us what a "rebel" she is? :rolleyes: The Grissom part, I mean. And the gun part to show that she's reckless (they called her Quick Draw McGraw! :lol: Remember that cartoon?).

And that 37% who say they won't watch without Grissom? I'll bet they all at least give it a chance first, and I'd say most of them will still watch.

Hmmm 37 percent...all I can say is "Bye!" I really thinK that Fishburne will bring his own viewers to the show and I also feel that when the HOOPLA is gone a lot of people will return to watching the show for what it was meant to be...a science show filled with some really great actors who haven't gotten to shine yet ....so if they feel they must leave ,well.....All I can say is "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!"

I personally can't wait until episode 11.....

I have a question. George was on ER and I know that Jorja was too. I was just wondering if they were both on there the same season(s). Just out of curiousity. :)

I have a question. George was on ER and I know that Jorja was too. I was just wondering if they were both on there the same season(s). Just out of curiousity. :)

What a coincidence! I was just capping ER tonight. :)

No, Jorja was on in 1999 and George in 1997-1998.

Ah, okay. Thanks. :) I think I only watched off and on back then. I don't think I ever watched the show regularly.

Jorja was also in the second seasons of ER. George only made a couple of appearances playing a paramedia who gets punched out by George Clooney's character Doug Ross.:(

According to the ever accurate IMDb, :shifty: Jorja was on ER for 33 episodes from 1996-1999. George was on for 3 episodes in 1997-98. So I would say they overlap :)

I can see we all have plenty to do on a Friday night :D

Last edited:
George was on ER when I was in college (insert age joke here) and I remember thinking, "I'm not supposed to like this guy, he's stealing Doug's (George Clooney) woman. But oooohh he's cute!"
Clearly even as an impressionable youngster I had good taste :D

Last edited:
George was on ER when I was in college (insert age joke here) and I remember thinking, "I'm not supposed to like this guy, he's stealing Doug's (George Clooney) woman. Buy oooohh he's cute!"
Clearly even as an impressionable youngster I had good taste :D

I didn't like him because he was trying to break up Carol and Doug and I loooved Carol and Doug..and I thought he was a little mellow dramatic..

But I did think he was cute..and adorable...

Not much as changed..I still think he's cute and adorable..like my kitten!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back