George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some random thoughts.

Did you know that Nick and Grissom's birthday and right next to each other? I just found that out. Nick is August 18th and Grissom is August 17th.

Watching Greg and Riley in "Leave Out All The Rest" really makes it hit home that Warrick is gone. I mean our poor Nicky doesn't have his buddy anymore, so no funny bantering between them. It's nice to see Greg has Riley to banter with and be good friends with, but now Nicky doesn't have anyone. I know he jokes with Greg, but to me, it's not the same. I always saw Greg as Warrick and Nick's little brother, where Warrick and Nick were the same age (or a year apart) and very much alike. Now with Warrick's death, I think we might see a more somber Nick. I so miss that friendship! I feel so bad for our Nicky! Hmmm, maybe Dr. Langston can make him laugh.

And I know we've said this before, but it bears repeating: Grissom better throw Nick a bone before he leaves. At least tell Nick that he never disappointed him. Forget about Sara and remember you have other team members you should be worrying about! I mean geez!

Oh well, that's my random thoughts.

Yeah, I knew about their birthdays. I always remembered them cause Grissom's bday is the same as my dad's and Nicky's is the same as two of my cousins. :)

I kinda hope that Nicky will let Greg in a little though. I miss how they used to joke around with each other when Greg was in the lab. Of course I miss how Nicky and Rick used to tease Greg too (loved the time they asked if he was confused about where he belonged lol). Hopefully Nick will not be gloomy for a long time. I mean, it takes time to get over the death of a friend, but hopefully they won't have him still gloomy years from now, you know?

And I agree that Grissom should say something to Nicky before he leaves. Sort of a passing of the torch. :D

speedy the birthday's were brought up in season 2 episode Identity Crisis.

I truly hope that Grissom does say something to Nick before he leaves. Nick is no longer the 'kid' that he may have been in season 1. He needs to let Nick know that and that he is proud of him.

speedy the birthday's were brought up in season 2 episode Identity Crisis.

I truly hope that Grissom does say something to Nick before he leaves. Nick is no longer the 'kid' that he may have been in season 1. He needs to let Nick know that and that he is proud of him.

I so agree. Nick has really grown. Nick seems to have a very macho I don't want to show emotions side to him, but he also has many feelings and really cares about people. There must be something with how he was raised.

I think there's still a lot of comic relief to be found in the Nick and Brass pairing on cases. :lol: They were great together in this last episode, as well as "Drops Out" last year. And even when it was more serious, as their last scene together in "For Warrick" was, they made an awesome team.

Smokey I agree there about Brass and Nick. I hope they will be working together a lot. They just make a great team whether it's as straight guys or funny guys. I would love to see the out takes with those two guys. From what George says Paul can be a very funny guy :lol:

Grissom, absolutely needs to tell Nick how proud he is of him. Saying Nick never disappointed him to a monitor in Grave Danger is not the same. And I think if Grissom does give Nick some kind of praise it'll give Nick an extra boost when Grissom leaves and Nick is given more responsibility

I wonder if Nick will end up getting Cath's office when Grissom leaves?

Grissom, absolutely needs to tell Nick how proud he is of him. Saying Nick never disappointed him to a monitor in Grave Danger is not the same. And I think if Grissom does give Nick some kind of praise it'll give Nick an extra boost when Grissom leaves and Nick is given more responsibility

I wonder if Nick will end up getting Cath's office when Grissom leaves?

I hope Grissom says something, but I won't hold my breathe.

Given how Sara just up and left as George Eads once said himself. "We're not big on surprises in CSI."

Last edited:
I agree with you Smokey about Brass and Nick although I kinda miss the banter between Nick and Greg. I haven't seen any of the eppys from season 9 yet so don't know how I feel about the newcomers on the show.

So this morning I woke to a pop quiz on the radio. The DJ asked the two contestants this question: On what TV would you find these three charcaters-Gil Grissom, Catherine Willows and Nick Stokes?

The guy hummed and went..Oh..yeah...Stokes..that CSI show..

Thought that was cool..

Then he cracked a joke about Willows..the name..

Show of hands Nick fans - Who remembers last night's episode this morning.

I finished my book before it started so I Know I watched it all. I just don't really remember what happened. :( I'd figured out the kid killed his mother as soon as I saw the angle of the bullets. Spent more time wondering where the he!! Nick was.

Do remember that in the scene with Riley at the old lady's house he seemed a whole lot more worried that Riley wouldn't put her gun down than the old lady. I think he was worried about getting shot because of her. :shifty:

On the plus side - what we got of him was :drool:, as usual. :lol:

Susan

blackflag I agree not enough Nick last night but what we did get was oh so :drool: :drool: :)

I loved the scene with Hodges while looking for the bag :lol: Good old Hodges :lol:

The scene with Riley and the gun was interesting. Why didn't Nick have his gun out. Mind you whenever he's had a gun pointed at him before he's never drawn his weapon. This will make what the third time that someone's wanted to use Nick as a target :eek: As most of you know I don't do spoilers so I don't know what tptb have planned for Nick, if any, with regards to missing Warrick. Is this a more fatalistic approach that Nick has??? Time will tell for all of us. Nick you need to think about yourself.

As most of you know I don't do spoilers so I don't know what tptb have planned for Nick, if any, with regards to missing Warrick. Is this a more fatalistic approach that Nick has??? Time will tell for all of us. Nick you need to think about yourself.

I don't think Nick's being more fatalistic. If he was he wouldn't have been looking around corners in Let it Bleed (may have the wrong ep?).

At this point I think what we got in For Warrick is all we're getting. You have to remember that For Warrick was in June just after For Gedda. Let it Bleed (or whichever one it was) was at the end of October. At this point more than 4 months has passed. I don't even think Warrick's death is affecting Grissom at the moment (his problems are all Sara).

Susan

Oh it sounds like us fans will have to suffer with 'it's over' again. I guess in some ways I'm glad but at other times it would be nice to see Warrick's death effecting Nick somewhat. Mind you Nick was the only one that shed a tear at Warrick's funeral. So maybe we got the grieving there.

blackflag I think Warrick's death is effecting Grissom as well as Sara. I know time will tell when Grissom leaves.

Thinking back to the gun incident in last night's show I think we are now seeing a more mature Nick. A younger Nick would have had the gun out quickly. The more mature Nick is seeing the whole picture. It's fun to watch Nick mature over the years. We saw it last night when Riley, Greg and Nick were looking over the map to try and find the bag. Nick had the pen and was doing the drawings. Grissom or Catherine used to do that when Nick, Warrick or Sara were in that same position.

Oh it sounds like us fans will have to suffer with 'it's over' again. I guess in some ways I'm glad but at other times it would be nice to see Warrick's death effecting Nick somewhat. Mind you Nick was the only one that shed a tear at Warrick's funeral. So maybe we got the grieving there.

blackflag I think Warrick's death is effecting Grissom as well as Sara. I know time will tell when Grissom leaves.

Thinking back to the gun incident in last night's show I think we are now seeing a more mature Nick. A younger Nick would have had the gun out quickly. The more mature Nick is seeing the whole picture. It's fun to watch Nick mature over the years. We saw it last night when Riley, Greg and Nick were looking over the map to try and find the bag. Nick had the pen and was doing the drawings. Grissom or Catherine used to do that when Nick, Warrick or Sara were in that same position.

Catherine cried too....but that was it as far as I saw and we will not see a grieving Nick according to Rambo so I guess he is telling us to move on....and to be honest I might have to turn if off until after episode 10. I am getting too stressed over a tv show...I am starting to miss Catherine and Nick.....they have fleeting moments and then they are gone...seems like season four for Nick all over again!!! George is such a great actor with a wide range of emotions so why not let him act....instead we get a new CSI and she is literally being crammed down our throats.....ENOUGH PLEASE!!!!

Enough ranting I guess but after watching the show last night and seeing the previews for next week....I felt sad for the show...it does not take a genious to see that we want more Nick.....if you look at CBS online you will see that the most watched video is of Let It Bleed and we didn't watch that episode for the great science....the chase scene was great George and I for one loved it!!!! Run baby run!!!

Grissom will leave and then we will deal with lawrence Fishburne being what the show is all about...sorry Nick you will not be assistant supervisor because they will not allow the newbie to be less than Nick...it will not happen...we are smarter than that...Nick is taking Warrick's place in many respects...if you remember they edged out Gary Dourdan in the same way...less story and less then out of his own frustration he stopped doing the show...he said it in a German Magazine interview....I am old school ...those who have shown commitment and hard work deserve recognition and respect....they are very good actors so let them shine for once CBS....PLEASE. Remember those 38 million viewers who tuned in to see if Nick lived or died....remember Gumdrops where George was told at the last moment that he would have to take the lead role and run with it due to WP's family crisis and he did and WOW...what an episode and the reviews were outstanding!!!! See a trend CBS????

Just feeling frustrated.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back