George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since George said in June that he's signed on for another 2 years, I somehow don't think we have to worry about him leaving. George is just too dedicated to the show to do something like that when he's agreed to 2 more years.

I hope so, but it was posted on another site this morning. I'm hoping they grabbed the ET headline before it was corrected. Yikes. :confused:

Of course, he and Gary both said they were in it until the end in that TV Guide article earlier this year. Still not clear on the details of his exit tho.

Gosh I hope George isn't leaving. I doubt I could watch CSI without him. That would be character number 4 gone and my favourite at that. No way.

It would be a shame because we hardly knew Nick Stokes...

Gosh I hope George isn't leaving. I doubt I could watch CSI without him. That would be character number 4 gone and my favourite at that. No way.

Agreed. Imagine now if he goes as well, the only original CSI around will be Catherine. With Grissom gone, it's gonna be hard watching but more so with Nick gone too. *think happy thoughts. think happy thoughts* :guffaw:

It would be a shame because we hardly knew Nick Stokes...
So true.

Hey, check out this snippet from the interview with David Berman!

Berman said:
"I love working with all the actors in the show. Not only are they extremely talented, but also the nicest people you'll ever work with. I have a particularly good rapport with George Eads (Nick Stokes). We've always gotten along real well, and he's actually the one who came up with the nickname "Super Dave." I've always enjoyed working with him and I hope that continues."

spacer.gif

Berman was being very nice and full of praise for all his fellow actors, but it's nice that he singled George out here! How sweet that the two of them get along so well!

Speedy remember not everyone in the US has seen the show yet. We shouldn't be discussing anything about the show until at least California has seen the episode :)

No Spoilers here. Dang, that was a great episode...that's all I'll say. It's 12:13 a.m. eastern, so I'll wait. Patiently...

Enjoy West Coast of US and Canada. Wish everyone else could see it.

Take Care All.

Last edited:
Ok, we can discuss now. As usual, a GREAT performance from George. I so wanted to be sitting next to him at the funeral to comfort him. I'm going to miss Nick & Ricks friendship.

The scene with Nick and McKeen, very powerful. Nick really wanted to do it, but he showed McKeen he was the bigger man. His I missed, I love it!!!!!

Nice try McKeen, but Nick is way smarter than that.

I'm REALLY GLAD that Nick was the one who figured out it was McKeen. It makes up for him not finding Warrick.

I think this was sorta passing the baton kind of thing. Nick figured out it was McKeen and was the one who *got him*. No matter how much he wanted to shoot him. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am it wasn't Grissom who figured it out or was there when they found McKeen. With Petersen leaving I think it was appropriate.

Way to go writers and tptb for putting Nick in the spotlight in this episode.

Last edited:
You're right, speedy. I think it does make up for Nicky not being the one to find Rick. Though, I still wish they had explained why Nick wasn't at the diner anymore or was he? :lol: Loved his facial expressions in that scene with McKeen. And how his trigger hand was shaking and you could tell he was trying to stay in control.

As I've said in other threads, I much rather it the way it was done. I was upset initially about Grissom finding him, but given the choice, this was much better

That performance between George and the guy who played the under sheriff was so well done. Especially when Mkeen said, "He was your friend! What kind of friend are you! You son of a xxxx!" and the look on Nick's face was just gripping! He wanted to.

Then when we heard the gunshots, the look on his face after really fooled us because we thought 'oh my god he killed him' and then when we heard the coughing from the Under Sheriff, you realized he hadn't gone through with it.

I watched it twice, once on CTV and the other on CBS.

I knew something was up when Nick was so stoic in the beginning of the episode. He barely said a word. His whole demeanor was numb. You could see that he was knee deep in grief but trying to stay focussed on finding the killer.

I hope we get caps of that scene!

I know his hand shaking, telling McKeen to shut up. You know he wanted to shoot him. And the fact that Nick trailed McKeen, ALONE, after what happened to him, powerful too. He wasn't going to let McKeen get away with it.

When McKeen said "What kind of friend are you, you ..." Nick showed how much of a friend he really is. He knew Warrick wouldn't want him to shoot McKeen. That wouldn't have solved nothing. But sending McKeen to prison, he'll get his justice in there, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back