George/Nick:Texan Charm #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elsie, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Wow, and also... WOW. George ruled that episode. That's all I'm going to say right now. Top of his form, all round. YAY! :D

2. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Quite a bit of Nick in that episode. I was glad that Nick was the one who found her, and that he was the one who got the final clue that led them to the car. But, am I completely pathetic or what? The only time I cried was when Nick was remembering the "I was rescued."
    All in all a good episode. I know we are kind of supposed to talk about the episode in the episode thread but I don't know about those threads... I like to stay in the friendly places. So can we talk about the episodes as it pertains to Nick?

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Amy yes we can talk about episodes that have aired. Anything that deals with future episodes should go in the threads for the spoilers.

Oh new Nick last night :) He was awesome. Finding the clue for the wrecking yard and seeing the mirror flash :) Oh he did rock :) When I saw that flashback for 'I was rescued' I knew he would not give up on Sara. And oh to get him mad first thing in the season :) Nick was hot when he kicked that sofa. All in all a good Nickisode to start the season :)

4. OnlyTruth

OnlyTruth Pathologist

Amy - we can discuss the Nick-relevant parts of the eppy in here - this is a Nick discussion thread!

I am so happy that tptb let Nick have a major role in the case and in finding her - for once they made good use of his background/experiences. I thought it was interesting when they did the flashback because when the eppy started I had said to my family "hey, I really liked this episode the first time they showed it, when they called it Grave Danger." (sorry, I know I can't post that over in the discussion thread, I'd be shredded).

5. Jacquie

OnlyTruth my thoughts exactly :lol: I was complaining to myself about all the screen time Sara had but then I thought of all the screen time Nick had in Grave Danger :) Truthfully I was a little disappointed that Sara survived. Maybe she'll stop being so winy after this. I hope tptb don't drag out her feelings like they didn't drag out Nicks!

Nick looked so hot in the t-shirt and jeans :) Oh man does he do wonders for sore eyes after missing him for 4 months :) Re-runs just aren't the same.

I actually got to see the American feed of the show last night because the Canadian channel decided to air CSI at 8 so they could do Grey's at 9pm. I actually got to see the trailer for next week :)

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

The main difference between this one and Grave Danger is that they showed more of what Sara was going through and less of what the team was doing to find her.

I did like the flashback to Gumdrops. For once they put something in his past to good use. I gotta find caps of angry Nick kicking the sofa and when he found her in he end. When we saw him in the beginning and then we didn't see him for a while I was beginning to think that Hodges was going to get more air time than Nick! (I don't like Hodges) Luckily we got more Nick out in the desert. Entertainment Tonight did a little story on it last night and they were talking to Billy, Marg, and George out in the desert. Mentioned it being something like 90 in the shade. All of them denied knowing if Sara was going to survive or not. :lol:

Susan

ETA: I should know not to post things where I have to think what I'm saying first thing in the morning! This house is not sane in the morning. :lol:

7. OnlyTruth

OnlyTruth Pathologist

You know, I thought about that afterwards -- like it was a weird mash-up of Grave Danger and Gum Drops, in that she was leaving the clues (and, of course, who has experience following the Hansel and Gretel type clues - why, our Nick does). And agreed Jacquie - a sight for sore eyes, indeed

8. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Oh man, I can NOT wait until season 8 airs here. But it will probably take a while. :(

9. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

OT I agree...after about the first two minutes of the show, I said to myself "ah...I'm experiencing a weird sense of GD deja vu!" But, IMO GD was a vastly better epi than the season premier. Maybe it's cuz I don't care for Sara, but I wasn't exactly on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen.

It did seem a bit disjointed. And I did find myself thinking "And Nick solves the whole thing by himself yet again! But will he get acknowledged? Heck no!"

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

This was a good Nick episode.

We got angry Nick.

We got tearful Nick.

We got hero Nick.

All in one show..yee haww!!!!

11. Jacquie

myfutercsi I agree we don't get to see Nick's wide range of emotions together a lot. It was good to see them all in one Nickisode.

I jsut finished reading the latest celebrity news in the General TV forum and people don't you know how to behave. So on that note I would like to thank George Eads for keeping his private life private. Although we all clamour for info about you I want to salute you for keeping your life out of the harms way other wise know as the media.

12. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I agree with you, Jacquie. There are not so many celebrities who keep their lifes so private. I think it's a good thing to do.

13. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

I also think it's a good thing that George keeps his private life private. But I want to say that I think it's equally awesome that the fans in this forum respect that. :)
    I've been in many a forum where the fans are way too eager to discuss any and all components of his and other celebrity's personal lives- from relationships :devil: to habits :rolleyes: to whatever else :p.
    Yes we've mentioned those type of things in here, but we don't dwell, impose assumption or suppose to know the innerworkings of his life. That just always seemed stalkerish and kind of skeevy to me. The Ward and Texan Charm discussions and comments are complimentary, respectful and restrained (well you know relatively restrained :devil:). And I don't think it's just because Destany's hose of doom is always at the ready.

just my opinion!

14. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Good opinion. I really feel the same way. Just keep it respectful. Sure we like to discuss, but we don't have to exaggerate it.

15. Jacquie

OK on the restraint part me and my :devil: just couldn't help but think of our handy ward girl handcuffs :devil: Now back to some serious comments. I've never been on other boards but bookgirl you're not the first to mention how well things run here. I think we can give a pat on the back to all the mods for running a good ship :) Plus I think we have to give ourselves a pat on the back for respecting GE's life. I think it goes to how well we respect GE's life when we tried to do a fan project for his birthday. We were told no and that was the end of it. Mind you we did have a good party in the ward to celebrate it nonetheless :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.