George/Nick:Texan Charm #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elsie, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

My issue is that there is a 14 year difference from Nick and the waitress. I think that's a little too much that's way beyond a decade. And it reeks of Nick struggling with middle age as did Grissom a few years back with Sara. That's why I have the issue.

Actually, I read an interview with GE a few years ago and he mentioned that he and Monica are 'both in their 30s' which he seemed to like because they seemed to be at the same point in their lives.

This young thing reeks of a middle age crisis for Nick whose almost 40 and that's just what bugs me. I think they could do better then that, that's all. A woman more like him, in age, career and everything.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

That would make too much sense in an increasingly senseless season. :brickwall:

I need to get over to the Ward for some therapy! :)

3. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Hey everyone. I was flipping through the channels and stopped on SOAPnet and while watching they advertised Just A Walk In The Park airing on SUnday at 10PM.

I don't know if everyone gets SOAPnet but if you do and want something to watch go for it.

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

OMG, you mean I finally get to see this movie. :eek: Thanks so much for the info Princess. I just went to the their site and the movie will be repeated right after the 10pm broadcast.

Now to get my brother to TiVo it so hopefully I get a copy of this movie. Even though I will be using my VCR to tape it too.

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

ugh, why do they refuse to show just a walk in the park in canada?? combining dogs and george, could anything be cuter? i want to see that movie so bad :(

as for the supposed age age of the supposed love interest, im ok with it. has nothing to do with the fact that she is practically my age... nope, not at all...

ok, all joking aside i do think it is out of character for nick. hes no sugar daddy, and even though all of my celebrity crushes are 35+ its not too realistic. early 20 year olds and late 30 year olds are at very different places in their lives. so while a 50 year old and 38 (ish, i dont know how old sara is) is believable for the characters, nicks possible hook-up is not.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Thanks for the heads up, Princess! Unfortunately, I don't get that channel. :( Ah well, when it's meant to be, it will be. :)

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You know I wonder what George must think about his pal Gary. Is he worried about him? Is he angry at him? Both.

Personally, I'd doubt GE would ever get himself mixed up with drugs and alchohol given the strong influence his District Attorney father has over him. His father was a tough cookie, according to George and didn't put up with a lot of stuff like that. George said in an interview once that his father was so angry at him over getting picked up by the police for public drinking that his dad got him a 'hard labour' job for the summer.

Hehehehe..sounds like something I'd do to my kid!! I like his dad!

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

No fair :scream: No fair :mad: :brickwall: I think you get the idea. Some of you get to see Just a Walk in the Park and some of us don't :scream::scream: allmaple maybe we should push the idea to the CBC that since the movie was filmed in Montreal that there should be something Canadian about it and it should be shown every year :) Some how I don't think it will work. They won't even show re-runs of The King of Kensington or Wayne and Shuster.

9. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Thank you Princeess, I got soapnet and I will watch it and tape it. Finally, I want to that one so bad.

10. anncorcam

anncorcam Victim

I saw it listed on the website as well, but when I scrolled ahead on my tv (I have dishnetwork), it does not list it but a marathon of One Life to Live.

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I"m not seeing it there at that time or that day. :confused: I just looked it up on the website and it says it's on at 12pm and 10pm. Wonder why we aren't seeing it on the tv schedules? Maybe it will be on as we get closer to Sunday? I hope I remember to keep looking for it. Let me know if anyone finds it!

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  12. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Well, I just checked tvguide's website and they don't have it on there. I can only suggest putting the channel on anyway just to be sure. Or maybe the ad meant next Sunday? I'll have to check that.

Well, tvguide says no for next Sunday as well. And I typed in the movie into their little search engine and came up empty.....so I don't know what to tell you.

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

good idea! i think that movie was originally for the family channel? well it never played on our version of the family channel! :( the least they could do is release it for sale! if cbc can air the tudors they can show this movie...

same with that movie with the beauty pagent, crowned and dangerous? members from other countries have mentioned it being on tv frequently (and savannah repeats!) but canada gets nadda. no fair indeed.

14. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I was having a senior moment last night when I couldn't come up with the correct phrase. Since it was filmed in Montreal, Just a Walk in the Park should be able to push the Canadian content rule :) And I agree all George's movies should be shown no matter how cheesy they are :)

15. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

I agree "Just A Walk in the Park" should be available on DVD. Ladies at my work have seen it and say it is good but I have never seen it.

On another note. I am asking all you wonderful "ward girls" to help out in the miscellaneous thread, there is a photo challenge that needs voters. Would some of you be willing to go over there and help out? This is the final round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.