George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

I love watching that movie. He's so adorable in it.

I think he should re- team with Jane by guesting on 30 rock.

I've only had time to watch the opening so far but I can't wait to see it! I downloaded it (which took forever but I'm sure it will be worth it!) because I don't get the channels that were mentioned. He does look very cute!

Does anyone know if George will be going to Marg's star ceremony? I hope he does. We could use some new George pics.

George told me he's 99% that he'll be in attendance that day. He said he will be there if he's not working.

Anthony Zuiker, Jon Wellner, David Berman, Liz Vassey and others will be there.

Question: Is George Eads leaving CSI? He's hardly been on this season and he wasn't on the last episode before the break. — Connie

Matt Roush: Not that I'm aware, and while I tend not to keep up on contract negotiations, I'd be surprised if he's contemplating an exit at this point. I get that you're a fan, but a reality check is in order. This has been a very busy transitional season for CSI, introducing a key new cast member (Ted Danson) very successfully, while laying the groundwork for one of the originals (Marg Helgenberger) to depart later this month. With all of that going on, it's only natural for the rest of the ensemble to recede a bit into the background. I'm sure Nick's time will come again.

"Nick's time will come again"? I sure hope so!

Question: Is George Eads leaving CSI? He's hardly been on this season and he wasn't on the last episode before the break. — Connie

Matt Roush: Not that I'm aware, and while I tend not to keep up on contract negotiations, I'd be surprised if he's contemplating an exit at this point. I get that you're a fan, but a reality check is in order. This has been a very busy transitional season for CSI, introducing a key new cast member (Ted Danson) very successfully, while laying the groundwork for one of the originals (Marg Helgenberger) to depart later this month. With all of that going on, it's only natural for the rest of the ensemble to recede a bit into the background. I'm sure Nick's time will come again.

"Nick's time will come again"? I sure hope so!
Sooner or later there has to be a Nickasode, he does manage to bring in the ratings. ;) If you look at episode lists of earlier seasons frequently the good Nick ones don't seem to happen until late in the second half - Stalker, Snakes, Grave Danger, Turn, Turn, Turn. Gumdrops is the only real good one I can think of that happened early in the season.

Do wish he'd (Matt Roush) looked into a reason before giving his answer. :vulcan: It wasn't that hard to find out about his father's death (took me less than 5 minutes and I had just gotten my internet back!) and would have put the person asking the question more at ease. All his answer does is make me sure I don't want to ask him a question. :lol:

Susan

Personally, I feel that Matt Roush's answer was extremely inappropriately jerky. He should have just told the truth as to why George wasn't in Genetic Disorder instead of being condescending. When I got that in my google alerts this morning I was really taken aback at his tone.

I love when people who work with him say nice things...
NazaninBoniadi Nazanin Boniadi
Man, the folks at #CSI rock! Had so much fun working with George Eads. Just wrapped episode 12x14, airs Feb 15 on CBS. Hope you like it!

And to make Roush seem like an...

Shane's interview with George is up. :)
Interview - George Eads ***THERE ARE SPOILERS ***

He's well aware of his sensitive side.
CSI Files: You’re not on Twitter, correct?

Eads: No, but I thought about getting on there.

CSI Files: Let’s do it, c’mon!

Eads: Well, is it just me or does it seem like once you open that door providing access, you’re asking for some trouble? Is it weird to think like that? Councel me on that.

CSI Files: I think a lot of people have gone through that mindset, but they’ve also seen how great of a tool it can be.

Eads: Yeah! I think it can be too if it’s used properly. [Laughs.] You better use it right or you’re gonna hurt yourself.

CSI Files: I know Jorja isn’t on there, but Liz Vassey (Wendy Simms) and several others from the cast are.

Eads: And Elisabeth Harnois, right? I’m sure Eric Szmanda is too. I’m going to think about it, I really might. It’s simple to do, right? But you know what I’m afraid, Shane? I’m a sensitive guy. [Laughs.] I’m afraid man that some of the harsh critics will spin me off and put me in a funky mood that I didn’t ask for. You know what? I’m thinking about it, man. When I go out to a meeting or something and someone has never met me before, if they IMDB’d me or went online, there’s just weird stuff posted about me: what possessions I have, my sexuality, and all this weird stuff. I’d like to just be able to clear up the smut. There’s stuff like me owning two Cadillacs and I live in Santa Monica–all this weird stuff that’s not true. I’m going to think about doing Twitter, I’m serious. I just think you can’t drink two bottles of Sake and get on there. [Laughs.]

Susan

That's a fantastic interview! Great questions, great answers and I love the honesty George gives to them. I hope it's not spoilerish to say that I agree 100% with him that he has earned the right to lead and hope that someday he gets that chance. I'm also glad to hear he's in it for the long haul. I know there has been a lot of cast turnover, but to me CSI would not be CSI without him.

Very sorry to hear about Maverick. What a tough last few months it's been for him. I hope 2012 looks up!

Excellent interview!

Last edited:
Back