George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

According to Elisabeth Devine:

I remember them explaining Nick's absense in Butterflied and Grissom's in Gumdrops but other than that I don't think they've ever told us where someone was when they've not been in the episode.

Susan

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I just now read that interview lol. Could someone please clarify something for me? I read that quoted part a few times trying to get it, but didn't quite understand it. I'm probably just tired cause I didn't sleep well last night due to a tummy ache. But... was Elizabeth saying that she originally had genealogy stuff written for Nick? Or was she saying that the scenes with Donna were originally going to be focused on the genealogy of the characters in the case only?

3. Liv89

Liv89 Dead on Arrival

Basically the role that greg played in the episode was originally scripted for nick, so instead of all the stuff about greg's norwegian ancestry it would have been nick and his genealogy.

The fact that george pulled out the night before shooting also explains why there was no explanation for nick's absence given as they werent expecting him to be absent until the last minute!

4. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

Bummer! That was probably our one and only chance to know anything about the Stokes family other than they are from Texas. I'm crossing fingers and toes that they have another Nickisode planned for this season.

I do appreciate that TPTB did have an episode planned that talked a bit about Nick's family.

5. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Her interview makes it that much harder to realize what could have been. :lol:
    Of course, family emergencies always take precedence, but I do wish we could have seen the episode how it was originally written. It would have been nice to see Nick and Doc sharing a number of scenes, especially after their moments in Unleashed. It also would have been fun seeing Nick joking with and shutting Hodges down while he was singing Mrs. Robbinsssss :lol:

With Catherine leaving and the upcoming introduction of Elisabeth Shue, I hope tptb can still find a way to give us that Nick-centric episode to make up for losing this one. :thumbsup:

6. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I would have loved to have seen Nick interacting with Doc again - I loved when they worked together delivering the baby and joking in the car on the way to the scene. And I would have loved to have learned more about the Stokes family, we haven't heard about them in awhile.

I hope Nick doesn't get pushed in the background when Elizabeth starts - that would be a real shame.

7. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

I'm thinking that with the three new characters, Nick won't be there much for the rest of the season. They'll be spending time introducing them and the regulars will be pushed back. What I wish is that they had more episodes ready to shoot than just one so they could have done this one later. I haven't seen it yet so I don't know if Catherine's departure was part of it though, but they could have worked around that....maybe.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Have you not read the spoilers? Elisabeth Shue's first episode is a heavy Nick episode.

9. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Well... okay we heard the spoiler about Nick and this nurse but that it's Elizabeth Shue's first episode as welll is exactly why I'm not believing in it being a Nick heavy episode. It might just be the B-case and the rest of the ep will focus on DB and Shue's character. They wouldn't put this storyline in the backround... I mean they have to introduce her, right?

10. Stokes626

Stokes626 Witness

Got an episode question here....

What the episode where Nick's talking on his cellphone and says "Love you too Peanut?" I know its an earlier seasons episode, i just can't remember which one. :confused:

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I believe it's season 1's The Strip Strangler.

Susan

12. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Yep, that's the one :) Nick was so cute in this ep! With the closet scene and the one with "Love you too, Peanut" :adore:

13. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

The Strip Strangler is airing on Spike this Wednesday, I'll have to keep a special lookout for that line :D

Also, for the upcoming repeats on CBS, I'm glad they picked Tell-Tale Hearts and Bittersweet, two of my favorites this season from a Nick standpoint. Absolutely won't mind seeing either of those again :thumbsup:

14. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I love when the reporter spooked him. He was too cute trying to convince her that she didn't scare him.

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

One of my favorite scenes! :lol: "You didn't scare me. Hmm mmm!" shaking his head. :guffaw: