George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yep. Sometimes I miss the old Nick tho. But hey...that's what fan fiction and DVDs are for, right? ;)

2. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

I think it's fair game to miss the old Nick, he did have a very special charm about him. Not to say the new doesn't, but the old was just so... Nick. For lack of a better word. You're right about that, unfortunately I'm sooo picky with what I read and have only ever found one Nick fan fic that was even worth a read.:shifty:

3. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I do miss the old Nick - he came across as the boy next door. Sometimes a little naïve. Not that I don't like the new Nick, but I could do without him acting like a cop more often than not. But he has matured over the years, and that is a good thing.

4. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I kinda miss the old Nick as well, but then again like Sookie says, he's matured over the years. Not to mention the experience he had with nearly being buried alive had to have changed him in some way. But I still love Nick, I feel bad because I've not watched CSI properly for so long, and I do love Nick, he's always been one of my favorite characters. And I want him to find someone, he never seems to be with anyone, but then again it's been awhile since I've properly watched it so. But hey, there's always fanfiction isn't there.

5. Guybrush Threepwood

I kind of like when there's not so much focus on the characters love lives. I mean, Nick in all his glory and whatnot, but I'd rather watch him in action with crime scenes and finger printing and such over with a girlfriend anyday. I don't know, I've always had like the idea that he probably does lots of stuff we don't get to see, but the focus is just his job and what he does and that's what I love. I don't care if he has a girlfrend or dates, I just care about him catching the bad guys.

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Nicky and Sam :drool: :luvlove: :adore:

Poor Sam is having trouble with the quiet life. :( Anyone else see Nicky possibly changing careers for Sam's benefit? :thumbsup:

When will Nick learn to stop entering the building before back-up arrives? :eek: I'm glad Morgan wasn't far.

Super Dave had the line of the night - 'We're stumped' :guffaw: - after he and Nick find the ID and hands gone.

That's all I remember for now. Guess I'll have to pay more attention to this one when I cap it later. :thumbsup:

Susan

7. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I'm glad Sam was back - he's so good with Nick. Wish we got to hear more of Nick speaking French to him though.

Good amount of Nick last night.

I don't think Nick will ever learn - guess it doesn't bother him anymore.

8. Smokey

Nick was sure looking good! :) Still love him and Sam together.

I guess he's totally over the underground issues now tho. :rolleyes: Would have really been nice to see some sort of reference to "Grave Danger" or even "Shooting Stars", but...that's asking too much from the writers these days.

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Based on this, "Nick has a big story in Episode Nineteen ", I really thought this was going to be somewhat of a Nick episode but it wasn't, it was more of a DB episode.

Also, I don't call DB telling Nick that his granddaughter is suffering from nightmares bonding. It would have been, if Nick then said he suffered nightmares after his ordeals.

We did get a good amount of Nick, so I am happy about that. I just wish we would have gotten another good Nick episode this season, instead of just a good amount of screen time.

I did like the scene with Nick and Doc Robbins.

And, wouldn't it be nice if someone mentioned something about his facial scruff, just like Warrick called him moustache boy.

10. Smokey

What we heard....

What we got? Nick helping DB on a case DB was deeply involved in. Yeah...Nick was a little intense over it, but it was DB's story, not Nick's. And "bonding" now equals listening and nodding? :rolleyes:

What's supposedly coming up....
    Not holding my breath. Of course we never do. Every. Single. Time. We are led to believe something big is coming for Nick and it never does. My gosh...even the piddly little "stripper recognizes him" from the casting call didn't happen!

I seriously sometimes wish the show hadn't been renewed so I wouldn't have to keep hanging on and waiting for a good Nick episode.

I think now....besides the never-ending GSR story (god, PLEASE let it end!) now it looks like they are going to keep pursuing DB's wife being estranged. And this is after they brought the character in to be a stable family guy in contrast to the others. Sorry, DB, Vegas and this job will destroy your happy life...or the writers will!

On the very small bright side, Nick was looking good and yes, I liked the Doc moments. :)

11. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I am going to guess that his scene with Doc Robbins took care of this part "Of Nick’s attitude towards the victims he sees on a constant basis: “His investment in helping people is very powerful, which is seen in Episode Nineteen"

And, I think that is it for Nick this season. He is probably going to be a background character in the finale. Shame too.

12. Guybrush Threepwood

I obviously haven't seen any of the newer episodes, but it sort of makes me sad to read that Nick seems to be taking the backseat later on.

13. Smokey

Despite my dislike of Ray, those episodes did feature Nick a lot, so really I think up until Laurence Fishburne left things were going well. They worked together a lot, and Catherine promoted Nick to her assistant and he got some good screen time. But once he left (after Ray screwed the team royally by dragging them into his rouge antics) and they brought Ted Danson in and then Shue...it's been all about them. :(

14. Guybrush Threepwood

Hahaha oh, Laurence leaves too? Wow, that show can't seem to keep hold of their actors, can they? :lol:

I love Ted Danson, but it seems really awkward that the few remaining original cast should have to take up the background in favor of the new cast.

15. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

It's interesting watching the old episodes seeing Nick's enthusiasm compared to now. The dedication is still there but you can tell it's worn on him. :(